THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, hish747 said:

I loved the Twilight Zone when I was a kid and still do, Gip. You're giving Rod Serling a run for his money. 

Gordon has Tom Brady throwing to him.   If this was the Gordon of  5 years ago....that would be an unbeatable combination.  I suspect that if this Brice guy had Brady throwing to him he would look as good as Gordon does. 

12 hours ago, hish747 said:

Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

hall of fame caliber?  The only way Puffy gets anywhere near the hall of fame is with a ticket.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

hall of fame caliber?  The only way Puffy gets anywhere near the hall of fame is with a ticket.

Problem is Mark, those guys who think Gordon is HOF material- he's already missed essentially four years of his career with drug suspensions. Even should he play another 7 seasons at a high level- to age 35 (lotsa luck there) he's never going to put up the type of numbers in career yards and touchdowns that would get him anywhere close to HOF consideration. My guess is he's going to need about 80 more touchdowns and at least 10,000 more career yards to even be in the discussion. Guys like Antonio Brown and Julio Jones have about a 7,000 yard head start on Josh.  

On 11/8/2018 at 10:40 AM, hish747 said:

I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

6 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

55 minutes ago, Mark O said:

No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

That seems to be what some are suggesting.

Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

That's what I believe but no one will ever know.   I believe the 2 strikes he already has against him.  The amount of time he's missed and that he's one mistake away from a lifetime ban makes him a HUGE risk for any team to trade much of anything for him, regardless of the amount of talent, even talent that hasn't been on display since 2013.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

I don't even buy that. Maybe New England 5th rounder and the Chiefs 5th rounder they viewed as equals but if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

11 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

This Thread is littered with comments based on a two catch performance, a four catch for 42-yard performance, ond jump ball touchdown catch, a comment saying that no one will be able to get Josh Gordon for two first-round draft picks after this year before he even played a down. He's had count it one good game and people like you are lining up to blow him.

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

No it is not a fact it’s just your fantasy

55 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I don't even buy that. Maybe New England 5th rounder and the Chiefs 5th rounder they viewed as equals but if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.

A 7th, even a late one, more than covers the difference between an early and late 5th.... so there's that.

value3.jpg

A lot of air time given here to a player.. Who was never really here..  I mean yeah.. sometime the lights were on.. But no one was really home.. Hell. I was one of his ardent defenders... I don't blame Tom Heckert for taking a shot on him.... Tom Heckert had his demons.. But the guy was decent at eying talent.. RIP ...

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

No GM worthy of the name is going to take a lesser deal in the hopes the guy they're trading is going to "a better situation". 

RE: some of the deleted Ghoolie stuff Guys.  :)  

#1A regarding me personally- I have a BS in Science- Medical Technology (retired).  People's lives depended on me making accurate observations. Or you want me giving A positive blood to an O negative patient, or adding an extra zero to a 60 blood sugar making it a 600, and a couple people dying because I screwed up? I like to think I'm pretty good at making objective observations. 

Aw, gee whiz- one of the other Mods deleted some stuff. So guys- here's the hoorta's rebuttal, as best I can remember, I about 1\2 read the post before more important personal stuff interfered. I thought about taking it to PM, but I want the rest of you guys- and Ghoolie to know how the world works. 

#1 Friendship has nothing to do with it. 

#2 Ghoolie, you have a skewed view of reality- more on that later. 

#3 Stan deputized Zombo, me and Mark to keep the peace around here. You have a problem with that? It's why you're getting time outs for violating that concept. It's apparently foreign to you. It's been posted numerous times why you're getting kicked off. 

#4 This Board is not your personal toilet to take a dump on whenever the hell you feel like it. The purpose of the Board is not for your personal amusement- to get people pissed off. That is considered trolling\ flamebaiting- and it's not going to be tolerated. I copied your exit post from B-H just to show guys that hmmm.... read on...  

#5 So all Browns fans are jackoffs? Well the classic schoolyard reply is "takes one to know one". Guess you're not really one- troll.  In fact, you personally insulted everyone over there, and by extension everyone here. I happen to be "the keeper of the peace", and I don't particularly like it because I'm a Browns fan being called a jackoff, GOT IT? PROBABLY NOT. I have 1\2 a mind to kick you off- because even though it wasn't on this board- it shows you're not interested in discussion-you're more interested in flamebaiting, trolling, and drawing attention to yourself. 

Maybe you're in denial and you don't realize- to your discredit- Head Honcho Stan had to autocorrect a bunch of swear words- because Mr. Potty Mouth- that's because YOU azzhole- it had to be done. It's too bad as a Mod, I have to take the high road- or else, I'd I'd unleash a string of profanity against your BS that would make a drunk sailor blush. 

I'm tired of your crap, flamebaiting, and excuses- apparently Mark and Z are too. It's not fun and games here Tom. Talk football in a civil manner- or get the f**ing hell out of here- like you promised- wimp- 

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A 7th, even a late one, more than covers the difference between an early and late 5th.... so there's that.

value3.jpg

In that same thing a late 7th covers the difference between a mid 3rd and a early 5th. What's the point? Is it is to say that they don't care whether it was a late or early 5th because a 7th rounder covers the difference because if it is then that means you'd you be willing to suggest that they wouldn't care whether it were a early 5th or mid-round third also because the difference between pick 129 and pick 77 is 39.8 which is the value of pick 224. If you think that John Dorsey would turn down a mid 3rd round pick for a early 5th because it's the same value as the last pick in the draft then we have the wrong GM

On 9/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, Ghoolie said:

But Dorsey and Hue have been hoodwinked by him over and over. That is the bigger story. We all knew Gordon is garbage.

Read all of these posts on page 3  and 4 in this topic when people were in Gordon's Corner and then read the more recent posts by "Ghoolie" since Gordon is no longer on the Browns and people aren't in his corner. I pulled just one where he said Gordon is garbage but he'll claim he was right no matter what happens with Josh Gordon. This post was when he said he knew from someone high up that he came in drunk and high and it'll come out in the media, which it never did, the Browns were stupid for not cutting him sooner. Now that he's playing somewhat decent the Browns are idiots for letting him go. The dude is nothing but a troll flame baiting douche nozzle. The sooner this board is rid of the "faux browns" hating troll the better off it will be. If he were really a friend of Stan he would just get off the board because his alter ego split personality/psychological problems is driving people away.

there are enough quality posters/people here with differing opinions/view points that can stimulate good discussion without the troll riling people up. The sad thing is because of the mental hurdles he jumps through I truly believe that he thinks that he's the livelihood of this board.

Edit Sorry Zombo Mark hoorta I know one if not all of you guys are deleting his posts so i won't address or talk about him anymore as that's what he wants.

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

RE: some of the deleted Ghoolie stuff Guys.  :)  

#1A regarding me personally- I have a BS in Science- Medical Technology (retired).  People's lives depended on me making accurate observations. Or you want me giving A positive blood to an O negative patient, or adding an extra zero to a 60 blood sugar making it a 600, and a couple people dying because I screwed up? I like to think I'm pretty good at making objective observations. 

Aw, gee whiz- one of the other Mods deleted some stuff. So guys- here's the hoorta's rebuttal, as best I can remember, I about 1\2 read the post before more important personal stuff interfered. I thought about taking it to PM, but I want the rest of you guys- and Ghoolie to know how the world works. 

#1 Friendship has nothing to do with it. 

#2 Ghoolie, you have a skewed view of reality- more on that later. 

#3 Stan deputized Zombo, me and Mark to keep the peace around here. You have a problem with that? It's why you're getting time outs for violating that concept. It's apparently foreign to you. It's been posted numerous times why you're getting kicked off. 

#4 This Board is not your personal toilet to take a dump on whenever the hell you feel like it. The purpose of the Board is not for your personal amusement- to get people pissed off. That is considered trolling\ flamebaiting- and it's not going to be tolerated. I copied your exit post from B-H just to show guys that hmmm.... read on...  

#5 So all Browns fans are jackoffs? Well the classic schoolyard reply is "takes one to know one". Guess you're not really one- troll.  In fact, you personally insulted everyone over there, and by extension everyone here. I happen to be "the keeper of the peace", and I don't particularly like it because I'm a Browns fan being called a jackoff, GOT IT? PROBABLY NOT. I have 1\2 a mind to kick you off- because it even though it wasn't on this board- it shows you're not interested in discussion-you're more interested in flamebaiting, trolling, and drawing attention to yourself. 

Maybe you're in denial and you don't realize- to your discredit- Head Honcho Stan had to autocorrect a bunch of swear words- because Mr. Potty Mouth- that's because YOU azzhole- it had to be done. It's too bad as a Mod, I have to take the high road- or else, I'd I'd unleash a string of profanity against your BS that would make a drunk sailor blush. 

I'm tired of your crap, flamebaiting, and excuses- apparently Mark and Z are too. It's not fun and games here Tom. Talk football in a civil manner- or get the f**ing hell out of here- like you promised- wimp- 

See that is where it riles me up, and actually think that at times he actually does believe his own crap and not just trolling.

Just because you are good at making accurate observations in one area doesnt mean you can for everything. I know a lot of football, you have to coaching, and a lot of different philosophies, and a fair amount with health/physical activities because of that. But that doesn't mean I can make an accurate observation on soccer, cricket, swimming. And those are in the same "field", not water to sports lol

19 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I was making a simple suggestion because I always felt JG was worth a hell of a lot more than a 5th, especially considering he was on his last straw.

The purpose of the Board is not for your personal amusement- to get people pissed off. That is considered trolling\ flamebaiting- and it's not going to be tolerated.

I hope this rule does not apply to pissing off/trolling/flamebaiting Steeler trolls.   Say it ain't so, Joe.

Archived