THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Another 4 for 42 yard night.    Man..we sure miss that production. 

I forgot to mention- the Patriots trust Josh so much, they're working the phones according to NFLN to see if another WR (Golden Tate) might be available....   

Josh runs at least two horrible routes a game ... that I can see, and gives up on others. I'm sure Brady hates him.

He's a one year wonder with a boatload of talent who will never mentality get it. He'll be a liabilty come playoff time.

Can't blame the Patriots for trying to mine that talent, it is tantalizing.

But for our team, I'd rather develop Higgins, Calloway and Ratley than have this guy out there skullfucking Baker's mindset.

Higgins is a 5th round pick who has worked his tail off to get a chance, nobody handed him anything or did him any favors. He has caught 16 of 23 targets for 15.3ypc. Gordon has caught 18 of 31 targets for 15.6 ypc.

I think I am done talking about him forever now. 

I've officially Manzieled him.

Amen.

Zombo

I've always been fascinated by Gordon's raw, physical ability, and I'll always be sympathetic to people fighting addiction.  We'll likely never get to see just what this man could accomplish because he simply can't figure it out, and there's few things sadder than wasted potential.  He had a contested catch over the middle last night that was simply amazing.  You get glimpses of what he can do, and unfortunately those glimpses will be the only thing left to remember him by because you just get that feeling that he's gone.  I was frustrated when we traded him because I have to watch my youthful QB try to throw the ball to a bunch of bozos who struggle to get open.  But you know what?  There's a chance we might've won a game or two more if Gordon played the past 4 games or so, and if we did win two more games, maybe Hue Jackson and Todd Haley don't get fired.  Perhaps trading Josh expedited the firing of two coaches that were hurting our team, and that alone is worth everything.  

49 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Josh runs at least two horrible routes a game ... that I can see, and gives up on others. I'm sure Brady hates him.

He's a one year wonder with a boatload of talent who will never mentality get it. He'll be a liabilty come playoff time.

Can't blame the Patriots for trying to mine that talent, it is tantalizing.

But for our team, I'd rather develop Higgins, Calloway and Ratley than have this guy out there skullShmucking Baker's mindset.

Higgins is a 5th round pick who has worked his tail off to get a chance, nobody handed him anything or did him any favors. He has caught 16 of 23 targets for 15.3ypc. Gordon has caught 18 of 31 targets for 15.6 ypc.

I think I am done talking about him forever now. 

I've officially Manzieled him.

Amen.

Zombo

Maybe do an autocorrect whenever his name is typed.  You know, like Retard.

Puffy's "talent" was at its peak over half a decade ago..... today, the dude can't get any separation and wears his defender like a cape. 

He's simply no longer the player we saw "flash" back in 2013.

His reaction to the underthrow to the inside on a go route was simply poor. Once upon a time he owns that ball.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He's simply no longer the player we saw "flash" back in 2013.

His reaction to the underthrow to the inside on a go route was simply poor. Once upon a time he owns that ball.

Yes before Flash and Johnny football went from professional ballplayers to professional stoners.

Sh|t happens y'know man. Josh we kind of know, Johnny's recent return (ooohhhh not too good on a so-so CFL team):

On July 22, after spending the first six weeks on Hamilton's bench without playing, as backup to Jeremiah Masoli, the Tiger-Cats traded Manziel to the Montreal Alouettes as part of a package deal.[93][94] On July 31, Alouettes head coach Mike Shermanannounced that Manziel would start their August 3 game against the Tiger-Cats, his former team.[95] Making his first CFL start, Manziel's first play was a pass to B. J. Cunningham for a loss of 5 yards. His second pass was intercepted by Larry Dean. By halftime, Manziel had thrown four interceptions, including two by Jumal Rolle. Hamilton defeated Montreal 50–11.[96][97]

Manziel showed improvement and did not throw any interceptions in his second start, a 24–17 loss to the Ottawa Redblacks on August 11.[98] In the third quarter, Manziel, after a 17-yard run, received a hard hit to the head from Ottawa's Jonathan Rose and fumbled the ball at the goal line, where the ball was recovered by Montreal's Kristian Matte for a touchdown.[99][100] In the days following the game, Manziel missed practice and was placed in the CFL's concussion protocol.[101][102] Manziel was placed on the injured list with Antonio Pipkin starting Montreal's next game at quarterback in Manziel's place.[103] Pipkin started two games while Manziel recovered from his concussion, and then two additional games after Manziel had recovered.[104] Following a four interception game by Pipkin in Week 14 Manziel took over the reins as starting quarterback for the Alouettes in Week 15, a game they would end up losing to the Blue Bombers.[105]

34 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes before Flash and Johnny football went from professional ballplayers to professional stoners.

Sh|t happens y'know man. Josh we kind of know, Johnny's recent return (ooohhhh not too good on a so-so CFL team):

On July 22, after spending the first six weeks on Hamilton's bench without playing, as backup to Jeremiah Masoli, the Tiger-Cats traded Manziel to the Montreal Alouettes as part of a package deal.[93][94] On July 31, Alouettes head coach Mike Shermanannounced that Manziel would start their August 3 game against the Tiger-Cats, his former team.[95] Making his first CFL start, Manziel's first play was a pass to B. J. Cunningham for a loss of 5 yards. His second pass was intercepted by Larry Dean. By halftime, Manziel had thrown four interceptions, including two by Jumal Rolle. Hamilton defeated Montreal 50–11.[96][97]

Manziel showed improvement and did not throw any interceptions in his second start, a 24–17 loss to the Ottawa Redblacks on August 11.[98] In the third quarter, Manziel, after a 17-yard run, received a hard hit to the head from Ottawa's Jonathan Rose and fumbled the ball at the goal line, where the ball was recovered by Montreal's Kristian Matte for a touchdown.[99][100] In the days following the game, Manziel missed practice and was placed in the CFL's concussion protocol.[101][102] Manziel was placed on the injured list with Antonio Pipkin starting Montreal's next game at quarterback in Manziel's place.[103] Pipkin started two games while Manziel recovered from his concussion, and then two additional games after Manziel had recovered.[104] Following a four interception game by Pipkin in Week 14 Manziel took over the reins as starting quarterback for the Alouettes in Week 15, a game they would end up losing to the Blue Bombers.[105]

Looks like a pathetic ending for a pathetic QB who apparently , can't get his Sheet togther.. he's worthless in any league.. The writing is on the wall Johnny.. You're toast!

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

Looks like a pathetic ending for a pathetic QB who apparently , can't get his Sheet togther.. he's worthless in any league.. The writing is on the wall Johnny.. You're toast!

Yeah...but his parents are rich...no Shmucks given

51 minutes ago, nickers said:

I don't think there is any ending at all for him.  He seems to be doing fairly well in Canada.  He is starting for the Montreal Alouettes, even though that team is not overall very good..

Last week in a loss 26 -22 to Toronto he was  23/30  220 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.

On 10/28 his team pounded Toronto  40-10.   He was 7/14 for 139 yards and 1 TD, -0- ints. 

While his figures were not great, he did start and lead them to victory.  There were a number of FGs plus a couple of defensive scores to make the game a route.

For whatever that is worth.  

Like I said, I think his skills are suited for The Great White North ...and he could do OK there.  

https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2018/10/28/johnny-manziel-a-cfl-winner-at-last.html

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think there is any ending at all for him.  He seems to be doing fairly well in Canada.  He is starting for the Montreal Alouettes, even though that team is not overall very good..

Last week in a loss 26 -22 to Toronto he was  23/30  220 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.

On 10/28 his team pounded Toronto  40-10.   He was 7/14 for 139 yards and 1 TD, -0- ints. 

While his figures were not great, he did start and lead them to victory.  There were a number of FGs plus a couple of defensive scores to make the game a route.

For whatever that is worth.  

Like I said, I think his skills are suited for The Great White North ...and he could do OK there.  

https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2018/10/28/johnny-manziel-a-cfl-winner-at-last.html

Tearing it up ... Worst efficiency rating of QBs with 1,000 yards passing.

image.png

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Tearing it up ... Worst efficiency rating of QBs with 1,000 yards passing.

image.png

Well....he has only played in those 7 games for the worst team in the league  (which they were before he got there).  All I am saying is that Canada is more suitable for him, and that he may do OK there.

But, just like Gordon......I can agree that we do not need to talk about any of our past players who did fuyuck all for us.

22 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've always been fascinated by Gordon's raw, physical ability, and I'll always be sympathetic to people fighting addiction.  We'll likely never get to see just what this man could accomplish because he simply can't figure it out, and there's few things sadder than wasted potential.  He had a contested catch over the middle last night that was simply amazing.  You get glimpses of what he can do, and unfortunately those glimpses will be the only thing left to remember him by because you just get that feeling that he's gone.  I was frustrated when we traded him because I have to watch my youthful QB try to throw the ball to a bunch of bozos who struggle to get open.  But you know what?  There's a chance we might've won a game or two more if Gordon played the past 4 games or so, and if we did win two more games, maybe Hue Jackson and Todd Haley don't get fired.  Perhaps trading Josh expedited the firing of two coaches that were hurting our team, and that alone is worth everything.  

i believe you are correcto mundo.....he probably draws a few double teams and the bozos as you call them have a better chance of being open and maybe we do get another win or 2 out of it....what a shame...such talent....and such a waste...

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well he got himself wide open for a long pass from Brady the other night and.....................................wait for it............................dropped the easy catch.😁

I saw that!  What happened there?  Did he just drop it or was the defender holding his arm?  Something definitely didn't look right on that play.  The last deep ball I saw him just "drop" was the game-winner against Indy when he was a rookie.  

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I saw that!  What happened there?  Did he just drop it or was the defender holding his arm?  Something definitely didn't look right on that play.  The last deep ball I saw him just "drop" was the game-winner against Indy when he was a rookie.  

It was horrible! The f'n ball hit him in the hands and was not touched the defender. We should have retained him with the rest of the dropsy kids.🤗

Why are we still talking about this guy?

Maybe we can talk about any number of other former Browns WR:

How are Paul Warfield and Gary Collins doing these days?     What about Dante Lavelli and Mac Speedie.

I wonder if Brian Robiskie is still effing up.   We got him with a 2d round pick.

I am still pissed about Northcutt's drop in the 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt. 

We could use a man like that mother fuyucker Reggie Ruyucker.

Why didn't Lawyer Tillman ever make it? 

Which WR made the biggest catch in Browns playoff history?   Brian Brennan vs. the Jets?

21 hours ago, nickers said:

......Looks like a pathetic ending for a pathetic QB who apparently , can't get his Sheet togther.. he's worthless in any league.. The writing is on the wall Johnny.. You're toast!

Actually JM did things no college quarterback ever did. His rise was meteoric but his lack of personal exprrience and character flaws did him in. (Remember Maurice Clarett?) His list of accomplishments and accolades are a mile long and won't all fit here and why freshmen should not be eligible for some major awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Manziel

College honors

Full-season awards

Associated Press[113]
 Football Writers Association of America[114]
 Walter Camp Football Foundation[115]
 Sporting News[116]
 ESPN[117]
 CBS Sports[118]
 Scout.com[119]
 Sports Illustrated[120]

Weekly awards

• 2-time Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week[115]
  • 3-time AT&T All-America Player of the Week[127]
  • 4-time SEC Offensive Player of the Week[128]
  • 9-time SEC Freshman of the Week[128]

NCAA records and notes

• FBS freshman record: rushing yards by a quarterback, season (1,410)[5]
  • FBS freshman record: total offense, season (5,116)[5]
  • 10th-most (at the time) single-season total offensive yards in NCAA FBS history[129]
  • Most games with 300 or more passing yards and 100+ rushing yards, career (4)..........on and on the list goes.......

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Actually JM did things no college quarterback ever did. His rise was meteoric but his lack of personal exprrience and character flaws did him in. (Remember Maurice Clarett?) His list of accomplishments and accolades are a mile long and won't all fit here and why freshmen should not be elidgible for some major awards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Manziel

College honors

Full-season awards

Associated Press[113]
 Football Writers Association of America[114]
 Walter Camp Football Foundation[115]
 Sporting News[116]
 ESPN[117]
 CBS Sports[118]
 Scout.com[119]
 Sports Illustrated[120]

Weekly awards

• 2-time Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week[115]
  • 3-time AT&T All-America Player of the Week[127]
  • 4-time SEC Offensive Player of the Week[128]
  • 9-time SEC Freshman of the Week[128]

NCAA records and notes

• FBS freshman record: rushing yards by a quarterback, season (1,410)[5]
  • FBS freshman record: total offense, season (5,116)[5]
  • 10th-most (at the time) single-season total offensive yards in NCAA FBS history[129]
  • Most games with 300 or more passing yards and 100+ rushing yards, career (4)..........on and on the list goes.......

NOthing that Gino Torretta, Jason White,  Eric Crouch, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinert, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerfell, Charlie Ward and others didn't accomplish.     You know...all THOSE great NFL QBs.

Point:  college accomplishments don't mean squat.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

NOthing that Gino Torretta, Jason White,  Eric Crouch, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinert, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerfell, Charlie Ward and others didn't accomplish.     You know...all THOSE great NFL QBs.

Point:  college accomplishments don't mean squat.

College accomplishments  can be an indicator of talent but NOT a guarantee of success at the professional level. He had accolades in spades but tried to finish being a college kid at the next level.....didn't work for him.

Just now, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

You guys are talking about Johnny Football now?!!😆😆

Yeah when Flash and JFF decided to shack up together and party like it was 1999 or maybe 1969 they kind of followed similiar career paths.....and lucky for us they were Cleveland Browns, before Hard Knocks.  :lol:

55 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah when Flash and JFF decided to shack up together and party like it was 1999 or maybe 1969 they kind of followed similiar career paths.....and lucky for us they were Cleveland Browns, before Hard Knocks.  :lol:

They were just 2 young and talented dude with substance abuse issues, that’s why it didn’t work. Not much more to say imo

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

College accomplishments  can be an indicator of talent but NOT a guarantee of success at the professional level. He had accolades in spades but tried to finish being a college kid at the next level.....didn't work for him.

They can be an indicator that you have college level talent, not necessarily  NFL level talent.  As clearly evidenced by the list I provided.

Archived