THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

That nuts you mention it, because I sh$% you not I was scared he was gonna muff that one on the catch.

Peppers has struggled but he has showed us the kind of potential he has.

Ravens game he absolutely balled out, and  Bucaneers game he was agressive with the returns(yes the fumble sucked) and  I remember him making a great open field tackle. 

Stockpiling picks isn’t sexy but it’s the smart thing to do for some teams.

I know. Maybe it's just the Browns fan in me, but I was terrified of the same thing. I was just waiting for the ball to pop out, and sure as anything, it did. Man I was so freaking sick. Especially after a nice little run back, a big defensive stop, and Uncle Momentum riding shotgun on the Browns bandwagon. 

But noooooooooooo. Ball pops out, we've got no chance of recovering it, and Uncle Momentum passes through like a cat fart on a farm. Unbelievable. My wife just looks over at me and says, "WTH is wrong with them baby?! Like, WTH! Why don't they want to win?" LOL

Awwww whatever. Seems like we're making SOME kind of progress, and honestly? I'm just glad my QB isn't hurt. I thought for SURE Baker was concussed after that illegal hit he took. I figured he was definitely out for a few weeks, ya know? I fully expected to hear Baker came down with delayed concussion symptoms like Gaines or Garrett had. But so far, so good! I'm very happy for Baker and glad he's OK. 

Man, wouldn't you just be over the moon if Baker and company waltzed into Pittsburgh and brought them the business? Hey, a fan can dream. 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2018 at 2:58 PM, Tour2ma said:

"Ceilings" don't win now.

TT took BUF, a team with a strong D and a run game, to the playoffs last season. The Jags fit that description and if they are benching Bortles in favor of Cody Kessler then they are clearly in panic mode.

It think they'd have to entertain the offer.

Would it save their season? Dunno... but I think it'd improve their odds.

Out of left field but I'm shocked there hasn't been more on the Eli Manning to JAX front.     Especially with the Gmen having their season in the tank.  They know Eli isn't long for their team.  Might as well get something out of him now.  

18 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know. Maybe it's just the Browns fan in me, but I was terrified of the same thing. I was just waiting for the ball to pop out, and sure as anything, it did. Man I was so freaking sick. Especially after a nice little run back, a big defensive stop, and Uncle Momentum riding shotgun on the Browns bandwagon. 

But noooooooooooo. Ball pops out, we've got no chance of recovering it, and Uncle Momentum passes through like a cat fart on a farm. Unbelievable. My wife just looks over at me and says, "WTH is wrong with them baby?! Like, WTH! Why don't they want to win?" LOL

Awwww whatever. Seems like we're making SOME kind of progress, and honestly? I'm just glad my QB isn't hurt. I thought for SURE Baker was concussed after that illegal hit he took. I figured he was definitely out for a few weeks, ya know? I fully expected to hear Baker came down with delayed concussion symptoms like Gaines or Garrett had. But so far, so good! I'm very happy for Baker and glad he's OK. 

Man, wouldn't you just be over the moon if Baker and company waltzed into Pittsburgh and brought them the business? Hey, a fan can dream. 

it would be nice to beat the steelers,  but i don't see it happening and hue will  be in deep doo doo....as he should  be....

On 10/5/2018 at 6:39 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

2 catches and he's an pro bowler?  GTFO.

josh killed our season....i am quite sure the fo was counting on him to perform the way he is now....that would have taken alot of pressure off of landry....landry is not a stud receiver at all....josh is and unless he has some kind of relapse he will prove it once again....we have no really good wideouts for baker at this point...its ashame....

On 10/5/2018 at 1:18 AM, hoorta said:

Tour- I'm with you, if Josh was a 5th round talent, he would have been gone after year one. he got a zillion chances with the Browns, and had it VERY plainly spelled out to him this time what he needed to do to remain a member of the team. He was absolutely on his last strike- and he damn well knew it. If anyone wants to say he screwed up on purpose to get his ticket out of town- so be it. We all know Billy Boy doesn't put up with any BS- it's his way or the Highway.  

Oh, I watched the Patsies- Colts game in high speed on tape delay- partly because I had the Pats in the Survivor Pool- The Curmudgeon is still perfect picking the low hanging fruit. :D   But I digress. Yeah, I saw Josh's TD, and a little sad at what might have been. But it's water under the Bridge. PS- Ghoolie is full of sh it, Tom still has it, and even though I don't like the guy- just give him his props- he's the undisputed GOAT. Brees will probably have all the records after this year, but with the game on the line- pick any QB other than Tom- you're nuts. 

LOL, actually Po did once upon a time, and lost. I saved him the embarrassment of paying up. Bet him a pair of my Season tickets to any game- Richardson would never sniff 1,200 yards, and 12 TDs when we traded him to the Colts. That's in a season, not a career. I still have the PM saved.  :D 

"I'll accept that Hoorta. He might have that BY week 12."

i think gordon just wanted out for whatever reason...who knows...probably saw all the cowpoop taking place and figured there will be alot more losing seasons....especially with the division we play in...guess he just wanted to be with a winner....he now has his chance at a sb...we will see if he blows it or not....

On 9/20/2018 at 12:07 AM, Gunz41 said:

Alright now fellas.

Let's put it in a way that is easy to understand. Again, I am one of the ones who has stood up for the man. 

180 Receptions, 3,106 Yards, 16 TDs.

That is an average of 29.4 catches, 507.1 Yards, and 2.94 TDs

That is what he produced while on the Cleveland Browns. 

That cant be disputed. There is a difference in talent and potential vs actual reliance and production.

I already KNOW what you guys will say, his averages are way higher than that. Yes, in the games he actually played in they are, but you CANNOT leaves those others out. Not when he is your best player and not reliable. Or let's just forget the statistical numbers. Something NOBODY can even try to refute.

41 Games played, 98 Games he has been a Cleveland Brown. 41.8% of the games.

Again, I couldn't care less if anyone is a player guy. Even rose colored glasses for those players. But overlooking things when it doesnt support your argument is being disingenuous.

I do not believe that ANYONE on here has said that Mr. Gordon wasnt extremely talented. But aside from the fact of all the problems, NOBODY knows what he is at this point in his career. In his last 6 games played: 19 receptions, 352 Yards, 2 TD. OR 3.167 Receptions, 58.67 Yards, .33 TDs. 

I would almost guarantee that if another receiver put up those numbers you would be saying he isnt doing good, but because Josh has so much talent and he was great 5 Years ago, you give him a pass.

Or let's compare, one WR that MOST think has a horrendous season last year and just retired, Eric Decker. He also played hurt, and showed up and was reliable.

Last 6 Games: 23 Receptions, 260 Yards, 0 TDs

Or how about someone most have never heard of Adam Humphries. So he obviously doesnt equate the the TALENT/POTENTIAL of JG. He only started 1 of those last 6 games. 

26 Receptions, 292 Yards, 1 TD

you are right....stats don't lie...but shitty qb's don't lie either...they are shitty....with the Shmucked up qbs we had while he was here....those are amazing number.....lets see how he does with one of the best in the biz.....only thing is ol tom has many good wideouts and you cannot satisfy them all....so we will see how many chances he gets...who knows, he may jump ahead of edelman, gronk etc as the number 1 guy...

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

you are right....stats don't lie...but shitty qb's don't lie either...they are shitty....with the Shmucked up qbs we had while he was here....those are amazing number.....lets see how he does with one of the best in the biz.....only thing is ol tom has many good wideouts and you cannot satisfy them all....so we will see how many chances he gets...who knows, he may jump ahead of edelman, gronk etc as the number 1 guy...

You obviously missed the point. There is no question the young man has talent and didnt have great QBs throwing the ball. But the ones just up in arms (seems like you are going that way) about him being gone and now doing something with Patriots are ONLY looking at his potential. I couldn't care less whether he was on the team or not btw.

But you HAVE to look at the entire picture to get the answer. And those averages are his numbers while he was a Brown. Those weren't his averages while he was in the games, but that's the point, you couldn't count on him. To put it on a game average with those numbers instead of by season, his average per game while a member of Cleveland Browns

1.83 catches, 31.7 yards, 0.18 TD

SO, while everyone wants to rag on the current receiving corp, and not saying they are great, but I 100% believe the worst guys you can think of now of past (Britt, Bowe, etc) could at least DOUBLE those totals.

I am one of the rare ones that wants Gordon to succeed no matter where he is playing, so its not like I am taking joy in the numbers.

But what it ultimately comes down to is would you rather have a guy with all the potential in the world but can't count on to be on the field from week to week, or someone reliable who isnt nearly as good.

13 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

This makes the Browns further look like idiots.

To the untrained eye.

But WE know differently.  We've had a front row to seat to all he's done. 

You don't find it interesting that NOBODY offered us more than the Patriots?  NOBODY trusted that guy!

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

So let me ask you this, what you are saying is 31 teams didn't want him and Belichik is an idiot for taking him? I think this says a lot about Belichik. If you remember, nobody wanted to play in the Randy Moss, and Corey Dillon market either.  I think Belichik got the best of the Browns.

Nah- look at the numbers Gunz just put up. He missed 1\2 of the games while he was here. Skipped training camp. Showed up late for a team meeting. Looked stoned too. Dorsey said- enough of kissing this guys azz just because he has talent. He had a zillion chances with the Browns- and very few of us thought after all the crap he pulled he deserved another one.  

If he gotten his life together- great. If he morphs into a Randy Moss for the Patriots- great too. He's also one failed drug test away from a permanent ban. 

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

So let me ask you this, what you are saying is 31 teams didn't want him and Belichik is an idiot for taking him?

Nope.  Belleyache took a 'shot' on him.  I don't blame him.  What did it cost him?  

All we really know is that he was acting like a TURD for us.  hoorta's post above sums it up nicely.

32 minutes ago, Orion said:

Nope.  Belleyache took a 'shot' on him.  I don't blame him.  What did it cost him?  

All we really know is that he was acting like a TURD for us.  hoorta's post above sums it up nicely.

Bernie Kosar had some great stories about BB back then......yes BB improved over time as a football mind and a really sharp cheater!  :lol:

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh I think you're inflating the stories on him.😜

No unfortunately I'm not his motto "if you're not cheating you're not trying".  :lol:

Again, we are floating fantasy and narrative.

Bernie Kosar is an expert on Belichik? AH, yeah, right. Every disgruntled employee who got fired is the REAL EXPERT on things.What is Kosar's job title now? WHo is it that listens to him? Oh, yeah, Browns fans, some of them. THat's it. C'mon man, Bernie isn't an authority on anything.

Look, all this crap about what Gordon did at the Browns is NOT a reinforcement of getting rid of him. It doesn't matter what a person did in their past life, it is all about what they do NOW. As much as you guys hate this contrary opinion, should Gordon play a large part in the Pats 2018 success, the media and public are going to grill Dorsey and the Browns for not being a quality franchise that can develop and groom their own players. Say all you want about Gordon, and I don't disagree that he was a headache for us, but you also have to ask yourself why do the Browns keep serving as a supplier of talent to other teams?

Browns fans have this ridiculous, self-smug attitude of " screw that guy, he wasn't the right fit for us". So who is? Yeah, all the guys that nobody wants. Great roster we have! Our guys suck, but at least we like them. If Jim Brown was drafted for the 2018 season, Browns fans would be slamming him as being too militant and too much of a troublemaker.

Now, to Hoorta, in YOUR mind, Gordon playing big for Belichik doesn't reflect on the Browns as another embarrassing failure. But to the media and the fans of the other 31 teams? Sorry dude, Gordon plays big - Cleveland is again a laughing stock. This continues to be a trademark of the Cleveland franchise, and it continues to be a contributing factor to why this team sucks.

What will you say about Garrett should he choose greener pastures?

18 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Again, we are floating fantasy and narrative.

Bernie Kosar is an expert on Belichik? AH, yeah, right. Every disgruntled employee who got fired is the REAL EXPERT on things.What is Kosar's job title now? WHo is it that listens to him? Oh, yeah, Browns fans, some of them. THat's it. C'mon man, Bernie isn't an authority on anything.......

WHAT?

WHOA, again you're dead wrong I'm talking about late in the 4th quarter and you''re on a drive and a timeout and you can't find your HC and you look around and he's over talking with the "D". 

Young BB wasn't a polished NFL HC or professional cheater......yet. 

And Bernie was a very good quarterback even young graduating early from Miami and going right into the BROWNS organization. 

But don't let any facts get in the way of your usual king bs.

Time for another chapter of "gool the fool"......it's EASY just look at almost anything he throws up.

Posted September 6
  On 9/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, Ghoolie said:
You really have no ability to read and comprehend, do you? No matter what reality is, you are going to believe the childish bullschidt narrative that you insist is true.

Look dumb fukck, and really, you are a dumb fukck.  I HATE THIS FUKCING FRANCHISE BECAUSE IT IS A LIE. MY DISPOSITION HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TEAM LOSING OR NOT.

If they lose, I have something extra to rub in your face. If they win? I will be here reminding you that the wins have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLEVELAND BROWNS. This franchise is an abomination.

The Cleveland Browns were moved to Baltimore. The day The Browns were renamed the Ravens is the day the historically correct Browns name died. This franchise is a joke. It will be a joke regarldess if they win, or not. To be a FRAK............... I would have to become a fan of the  Fake Browns should they start winning. I won't. I will hate the caulksuckers whether they win or lose.

I AM A FAN OF ALL 13............................................ I AM A FAN OF ALL 13

A reply: No one cares about your opinion or your feelings about the Browns are any other Shmucking thing. Sincerely Yours your only friend on this board TG

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Now, to Hoorta, in YOUR mind, Gordon playing big for Belichik doesn't reflect on the Browns as another embarrassing failure. But to the media and the fans of the other 31 teams? Sorry dude, Gordon plays big - Cleveland is again a laughing stock. This continues to be a trademark of the Cleveland franchise, and it continues to be a contributing factor to why this team sucks.

What will you say about Garrett should he choose greener pastures?

The workplace analogy is having a highly talented employee who shows up 1\2 the time, and when he does, he's drunk or stoned. Other workers are getting pissed off he's getting special treatment. For the good of the workplace if you're the boss, you have to tell the guy to take a hike, because you can't be sure if the guy is going to show up for that important meeting or project. Can't predict the future, but if Gordon gets popped for a failed drug test- Dorsey is going to look like a genius. Gordon's drug history is why we had to sell low.  Look, this crap had been going on for years, Josh had it clearly spelled out what he had to do to be part of the Browns, and for whatever reason- he couldn't do it.  Look Mr. Corporate Genius- when Gordon came back from skipping training camp- he was obviously in a zero tolerance mode from management. He knew it, and he knew he blew it. Guess his attitude was- and he even Tweeted about it- "I'm so talented, someone is going to take a chance on me regardless".  Belichick has a history of reforming malcontents, Moss, Corey Dillon, and now Josh. We'll see.  

Regarding Garrett, you're reading too much into that video he made. Winning will cure everyone's attitude. BTW regarding Myles, we have him locked up until the 2021 season, make that 2022 if we franchise him. And if he leaves? So did Suh and Fairley walk away from the Lions when they had the chance- just one of many guys who wanted out for greener pastures and more money.  

The Pat's have a long-established, team culture that gives Josh his best chance for success.

We don't...

... and neither does at least 28 other teams.

Only others I can think of that do are: KC, PHI and maybe MN, and of those, only the KC culture approaches being "long-established."

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Look, all this crap about what Gordon did at the Browns is NOT a reinforcement of getting rid of him. It doesn't matter what a person did in their past life, it is all about what they do NOW.

....and the 'NOW' was when they finally had enough of him.  6 years dude!  And when FINALLY he can join the team....HE DOESN'T.   And STILL trying to be understanding the Browns waited for him to come to training camp.  He FINALLY DOES join camp and immediately claim 'hamstring'.  THEN he comes to a meeting late and looking stoned or something.   -  Then was 6 years worth of bullcrap leading up to the NOW...when they announced they would be releasing him.

They HAD to do what they did.  You can't have a player acting like that and keep a team together.  -  You teach, that what you tolerate, is acceptable behavior.  -  If HE can do it.  So can I.  Why should I come to camp on time?  Meetings on time?  etc.

Now, what he does AFTER being released (traded) is not the cause or the fault of the Browns, Dorsey, or the water boy.

Might certain media make us out to be fools?  For doing what was actually the right thing to do at the time?   Is that what controls how you run your football team?

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

....and the 'NOW' was when they finally had enough of him.  6 years dude!  And when FINALLY he can join the team....HE DOESN'T.   And STILL trying to be understanding the Browns waited for him to come to training camp.  He FINALLY DOES join camp and immediately claim 'hamstring'.  THEN he comes to a meeting late and looking stoned or something.   -  Then was 6 years worth of bullcrap leading up to the NOW...when they announced they would be releasing him.

They HAD to do what they did.  You can't have a player acting like that and keep a team together.  -  You teach that what you tolerate, is acceptable behavior.  -  If HE can do it.  So can I.  Why should I come to camp on time?  Meetings on time?  etc.

Now, what he does AFTER being released (traded) is not the cause or the fault of the Browns, Dorsey, or the water boy.

Might certain media make us out to be fools?  For doing what was actually the right thing to do at the time?   Is that what controls how you run your football team?

Eggs-actly O.   We don't know, and neither does Trollie- what happened when the Browns decided enough was enough with Josh. It had to be something serious or a cumulation of mis steps by Josh. 

Actually it was twice Gordon having the opportunity to rejoin the Browns and something came up. It was time, and probably past time for the Browns to say- we don't care how good you are, you're just too much of a pain in the azz, and too f**king unreliable for us to keep you around anymore. We played the role of the understanding wife with a drunk husband far too long. If he's clean and sober now- in his lifetime that will be a first. Sometimes in a situation like that- it's exactly what the offending party needs to get his life straight. 

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Eggs-actly O.   We don't know, and neither does Trollie- what happened when the Browns decided enough was enough with Josh. It had to be something serious or a cumulation of mis steps by Josh. 

Actually it was twice Gordon having the opportunity to rejoin the Browns and something came up. It was time, and probably past time for the Browns to say- we don't care how good you are, you're just too much of a pain in the azz, and too f**king unreliable for us to keep you around anymore. We played the role of the understanding wife with a drunk husband far too long. If he's clean and sober now- in his lifetime that will be a first. Sometimes in a situation like that- it's exactly what the offending party needs to get his life straight. 

Just hope we didn't cut off our nose despite our face cuz I saw who Baker was throwing to last week...and yo. 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Just hope we didn't cut off our nose despite our face cuz I saw who Baker was throwing to last week...and yo. 

Of course the Browns knew Gordon could potentially revert to Pro-Bowl form. Our guys got hurt on top of that- it happens. 

There's still some here who think because of what Gordon did back in 2013 he should get unlimited chances. Life in the NFL doesn't work that way. He'd still be here IF he was just able to follow team rules. Josh has no one to blame but himself. As some have posited, maybe he was trying to write his ticket out of town. 

It absolutely befuddles me that there are still people out there who will simply refuse to accept the fact that JOSH GORDON DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE BROWNS AND WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO PULL STUNTS TO AVOID DOING SO.

22 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Bring in dez lol

Umm nope... Dez has lost a step.. He's looking for a quick payday,,, Fuk that selfish tool...

35 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Bring in dez lol

I'm fine with Dez. I'd roll the dice if we can't get others to come. 

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

Umm nope... Dez has lost a step.. He's looking for a quick payday,,, Fuk that selfish tool...

On that I can agree. If we were going to bring in Dez, it would have happened by now. Time to see what we have in the young guys. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm fine with Dez. I'd roll the dice if we can't get others to come. 

You may be fine with Dez- but apparently 32 NFL teams don't share your opinion....   

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It absolutely befuddles me that there are still people out there who will simply refuse to accept the fact that JOSH GORDON DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE BROWNS AND WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO PULL STUNTS TO AVOID DOING SO.

I swear I've read this before Mr. Oven.   :)

Archived