THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So you got to wonder what exactly it was about Cleveland that Josh Gordon was so desperate to get away from?

Imma go with losing.

Not the first...

Hopefully is the last.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Imma go with losing.

Not the first...

Hopefully is the last.

Considering the narrowness of some of these losses...in theory, if he had been in there helping according to his talent,  those losses could have turned into wins.  (and considering how much dropped passes have contributed to the losses).  So,  Fuyck him if he is thinking that way.

Besides, I don't think it is any of that.  I don't even think he even wanted out of here. I don't think he put any thought into that.  I just think he was doing his somewhat normal Josh Gordon irresponsible behavior thing....and Dorsey  for one wasn't going to put up with it and got rid of him.

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Considering the narrowness of some of these losses...in theory, if he had been in there helping according to his talent,  those losses could have turned into wins.  (and considering how much dropped passes have contributed to the losses).  So,  Fuyck him if he is thinking that way.

Besides, I don't think it is any of that.  I don't even think he even wanted out of here. I don't think he put any thought into that.  I just think he was doing his somewhat normal Josh Gordon irresponsible behavior thing....and Dorsey  for one wasn't going to put up with it and got rid of him.

That's exactly how I feel.  I never got the impression he didn't want to be here.  The guy did a photoshoot WITH the team's permission, and then did something stupid by running 40 yard dashes and working out too hard resulting in injury.  He made yet another mistake, and it hurt his team (again).  Then he was 10 minutes late to a meeting or something, and somebody reported that he "didn't look right" or whatever.  Josh Gordon needed money and needed it immediately.  He made a poor choice to do physical workouts in the photoshoot because he needed money to pay a greedy woman who did nothing more than have sex and have a baby.  Congratulations, you had a baby.  People do it everyday.  It's a beautiful thing, and no easy task.  But it's not worth taking thousands of dollars from someone, and then trying to blackmail them if they don't pay up.  Should he pay child support?  Of course.  But there's no reason to pay her what the court ordered.  

I think it was a hasty decision to cut him.  At this particular moment, it's really costing us, and there's no denying it.  But while we're definitely losing out on this trade now, the Patriots could lose Josh Gordon forever at any second, and we'll still have the 5th round pick.  If Josh makes it through the entire year, well, we'll look like idiots.  We traded an elite WR for pennies on the dollar, and it'll be just another sad trade in a long line of them.  

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's exactly how I feel.  I never got the impression he didn't want to be here.  The guy did a photoshoot WITH the team's permission, and then did something stupid by running 40 yard dashes and working out too hard resulting in injury. 

What about the fact that the hamstring was miraculously healed by the time he got to New England?    The MRI he did when he got to New England showed no hamstring injury?    How is that someone who wants to play for the Browns.

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's exactly how I feel.  I never got the impression he didn't want to be here.  The guy did a photoshoot WITH the team's permission, and then did something stupid by running 40 yard dashes and working out too hard resulting in injury.  He made yet another mistake, and it hurt his team (again).  Then he was 10 minutes late to a meeting or something, and somebody reported that he "didn't look right" or whatever.  Josh Gordon needed money and needed it immediately.  He made a poor choice to do physical workouts in the photoshoot because he needed money to pay a greedy woman who did nothing more than have sex and have a baby.  Congratulations, you had a baby.  People do it everyday.  It's a beautiful thing, and no easy task.  But it's not worth taking thousands of dollars from someone, and then trying to blackmail them if they don't pay up.  Should he pay child support?  Of course.  But there's no reason to pay her what the court ordered.  

That is stupid.  Of course he must pay what the court ordered.  He may have been his own worst enemy in that situation.  I have seen it many times.   Child support is based on parties incomes.....and can be adjusted when that income adjusts.....BUT...the party, in this case the Dad, HAS to take affirmative steps to get the CS reduced.  He can't just sit on his arse and expect to not have to pay.  Get the lawyer and file the motion to reduce. Do not sit there and do nothing.  This may be what happened here.   He was making yay many thousand/millions of dollars a year.......but if his income is reduced, then he has to go to court quickly to reduce it, not just sit there like a lump on a log.  This happens so often...and may have happened here because of his lackadaisical approach to life.

I think it was a hasty decision to cut him.  At this particular moment, it's really costing us, and there's no denying it.  But while we're definitely losing out on this trade now, the Patriots could lose Josh Gordon forever at any second, and we'll still have the 5th round pick.  If Josh makes it through the entire year, well, we'll look like idiots.  We traded an elite WR for pennies on the dollar, and it'll be just another sad trade in a long line of them.  

Hasty?  It was really 5 years in the coming. Nothing hasty about it.

You guys are still talking about Gordon? Man I stopped following him and I’m trying to forget about that guy, like an ex. I wish him the best and all but....

That guy let down Cleveland about as much as LeBron did when he “took he talents to South Beach”

Go figure him and Kyrie end up in the same town. F$&% Boston.. lol

21 minutes ago, Mark O said:

What about the fact that the hamstring was miraculously healed by the time he got to New England?    The MRI he did when he got to New England showed no hamstring injury?    How is that someone who wants to play for the Browns.

How severe does a hammie have to be to show up in a MRI? Seriously... I don't know the answer.... for once... ;)

As for the other evidence... Josh was inactive his first two weeks with the Pats. Granted his first week was likely as playbook related as injury, but the staff was surprised at how quickly he learned their offense and even Tom Terrific praised him for being a quick study.

Then in his first couple games he was lightly used... as happens with players coming back from pulls.

All adds up to me that the injury was real. Did he embellish it in his last days with us? Could be...

53 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You got me.  I know the MRI didn't show anything, but the Browns didn't seem to question the injury.  Nobody did.  Gordon was hurt.  Why would the guy make up an injury? Just to get traded?  To get cut?  With his reputation, he couldn't afford to do that, unless he somehow knew somebody else would pick him up.  I never felt the animosity between he and the team.  I thought he was happy.  

It's not big deal, like I said, we could very well come out winning this trade.  Gordon could be gone tomorrow.  Heck, he could be gone today.  But there's no denying the fact that our team desperately needed WR help, and we never got to see Josh play with Baker.  Having Baker and Landry on the field at the same time with someone like Baker?  Jesus, I really wanted to see that.  

Oh well, perhaps we'll trade for a WR before the deadline.  

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

From my previous experience with soft tissue injuries,  these things do not necessarily show up in x-rays, MRIs etc. 

It is why insurance companies can claim that they should not pay much at all for soft tissue injuries (which are often more painful and chronic than a bone break).   I had always said "give me a broken bone" in a PI case than soft tissue injuries, because it is so much easier to prove.  Of course, it may also be true that soft tissue injuries are easier to fake as well.

See this:  Gordon would not be the first guy the Cleveland Browns have dealt with that have faked injury:

34 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Oh well, perhaps we'll trade for a WR before the deadline.  

Tyrod to JAX for rookie WR, DJ Chark...

I'm here in New England.  The phucking azzhole is on tv every weekend.  

After not showing up for TC...he shows up late for a team meeting and wasn't acting 'himself'.  Haley & Dorsey thought he was on drugs, which to them was  the final straw.  And rightfully so!  HOWEVER, they were apparently wrong.  Since the league has not suspended him, he must be passing his random drug tests.

I imagine that when he heard he was being traded to the Patriots, he felt like he won the Jackpot!  Phuck him!

44 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm here in New England.  The phucking azzhole is on tv every weekend.  

After not showing up for TC...he shows up late for a team meeting and wasn't acting 'himself'.  Haley & Dorsey thought he was on drugs, which to them was  the final straw.  And rightfully so!  HOWEVER, they were apparently wrong.  Since the league has not suspended him, he must be passing his random drug tests.

I imagine that when he heard he was being traded to the Patriots, he felt like he won the Jackpot!  Phuck him!

I don't hate Josh and I wish him well, but he IS a traitor. He let us all down. He didn't try, with all the talent he had. He put his ego, and everything else above the team. He wasn't there when we needed him. And he didn't want to be part of the Browns rebuild.

I'm sawty because we should've gotten more for him. We should've traded him to Siberia (Buffalo) and gotten more than a 5th rounder. You mean to tell me Amari Cooper is worth a 1st rounder, but Josh is worth a 5th?

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

I don't hate Josh and I wish him well, but he IS a traitor. He let us all down. He didn't try, with all the talent he had. He put his ego, and everything else above the team. He wasn't there when we needed him. And he didn't want to be part of the Browns rebuild.

I'm sawty because we should've gotten more for him. We should've traded him to Siberia (Buffalo) and gotten more than a 5th rounder. You mean to tell me Amari Cooper is worth a 1st rounder, but Josh is worth a 5th?

In the NFL, not fantasy football or world, yes. Cooper younger, no off the field issues, not a mistake away from being gone, and on multi year deal

I'm too lazy to look it up, and I'm not into personal vendettas on the board, but somebody on here jumped my azz for saying I'd trade a first round pick for Amari Cooper.  That I was crazy, it would never happen, and it's a good thing I don't run a team.   Yeah....well....it happened.  

Amari Coooper is 24 years old and a two-time probowler.  He's just one year older than rookie Calvin Ridley.  I think it's a smart move, and I seriously believe we'll start seeing moves like this happen more in the future.  I see draft picks as starting to be somewhat devalued, and logic coming into place.  Forever GM's didn't want to give up picks because that took the fun out of there job come draft season.  Do I have proof of this?  No, but I think I'm right.  The Cowboys are drafting (probably) around the middle of the first round.  Is there a guarantee the Cowboys can get someone better than Amari there?  Nope.  

Anyway, I don't want our team to part with a first, but I'd love to find a way to get another WR in Cleveland, even if it's Terrell Pryor.  

You are correct that there are no guarantees in the draft, but...

• we won't be drafting in the middle of the 1st round, and
  • there are no guarantees that Cooper will return to the form he showed in his first two years.

The 'Boys are just in a different world. They are looking for a piece to win their division. We aren't there... yet...

16 hours ago, Orion said:

Since the league has not suspended him, he must be passing his random drug tests.

There is nothing random about JG's drug tests. He's pissin' for his paycheck at least twice a week.

28 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

But Jax would have to go full Retard to accept that. 

Not that extreme... Chark only has 8 catches on 18 targets for 118 yards.

JAX has Cole, Moncrief and Westbrook in front of him.

And most importantly JAX is (or should be) desperate to save a season that they went into as a favorite to make a SB. Even at 3-4 they are only 1 game behind the Texans in the AFCS

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm too lazy to look it up, and I'm not into personal vendettas on the board, but somebody on here jumped my azz for saying I'd trade a first round pick for Amari Cooper.  That I was crazy, it would never happen, and it's a good thing I don't run a team.   Yeah....well....it happened.  

Amari Coooper is 24 years old and a two-time probowler.  He's just one year older than rookie Calvin Ridley.  I think it's a smart move, and I seriously believe we'll start seeing moves like this happen more in the future.  I see draft picks as starting to be somewhat devalued, and logic coming into place.  Forever GM's didn't want to give up picks because that took the fun out of there job come draft season.  Do I have proof of this?  No, but I think I'm right.  The Cowboys are drafting (probably) around the middle of the first round.  Is there a guarantee the Cowboys can get someone better than Amari there?  Nope.  

Anyway, I don't want our team to part with a first, but I'd love to find a way to get another WR in Cleveland, even if it's Terrell Pryor.  

Sorry if I see it differently. (I think Tour does too) Desperation move by Jerrah to salvage the season. Betting it will come back to bite them in the azz.

Let me give you some reverse history. Back a few years we gave Dallas next year's first round pick so we could move up to draft yet another bum QB (Brady Quinn). Where that pick landed gave the Cowboys their choice of three pro bowl running backs. 

Dorsey has done a fine job drafting so far, and you had better believe he was averse to giving up a potential top ten pick for Cooper. Julio Jones he ain't. 

59 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not that extreme... Chark only has 8 catches on 18 targets for 118 yards.

JAX has Cole, Moncrief and Westbrook in front of him.

And most importantly JAX is (or should be) desperate to save a season that they went into as a favorite to make a SB. Even at 3-4 they are only 1 game behind the Texans in the AFCS

The kid has an incredibly high ceiling capped by his current QB plus the fact he is still a rookie. 

You believe Jacksonville will somehow have their season saved by using a QB that might be as bad, if not worse than Bortles...?

38 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry if I see it differently. (I think Tour does too) Desperation move by Jerrah to salvage the season. Betting it will come back to bite them in the azz.

Let me give you some reverse history. Back a few years we gave Dallas next year's first round pick so we could move up to draft yet another bum QB (Brady Quinn). Where that pick landed gave the Cowboys their choice of three pro bowl running backs. 

Dorsey has done a fine job drafting so far, and you had better believe he was averse to giving up a potential top ten pick for Cooper. Julio Jones he ain't. 

Yeah, I totally get that.  I would say in almost every circumstance, trading a first rounder isn't a good idea (unless it's a QB), especially if you're a team like the Browns where the pick is probably going to be on the higher side.  That being said, suppose we identified WR as being the biggest need of our team, and one of the few positions we planned on targeting in the first or second round of the draft.  Doesn't it make sense to trade that first rounder for a known commodity, rather than draft an unknown?  Don't get me wrong, I don't put Amari Cooper on the Julio Jones level, but I have flashes of Corey Coleman in my head.  Would it be better to trade for Amari, or get stuck with a Corey?  That make sense?

Anyways, we're not trading our first rounder, I just don't see it.  I'm basing this on the fact we didn't make a more competitive offer for Khalil Mack.  I know the Bears gave up a lot, but I wouldn't have minded if we did the same trade.  I cannot even imagine watching Garrett and Mack on the same field.  Yeesh.  

I guess the good news is I feel like Dorsey knows what he's doing.  I haven't felt that way about our management in a LONG TIME.  Do I agree with everything?  Of course not, but I like what he did with the roster in just one year, and I'm excited about what he'll do in the future.  That feels good to say.  I think Dorsey screwed up with Nassib (we basically cut Nassib to make room for a guy who doesn't even dress every week).  I personally disagreed about the Gordon debacle (not trying to start a debate, just saying my opinion), and there have been other things, but for the most part, we're a better football team with more talent, and that's the goal.  

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know if I would have given up a first rounder for Amari Cooper.....but I would have done so for  Alice Cooper!

76682972-optimized_54de6aaa047e8.jpg

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The kid has an incredibly high ceiling capped by his current QB plus the fact he is still a rookie. 

You believe Jacksonville will somehow have their season saved by using a QB that might be as bad, if not worse than Bortles...?

"Ceilings" don't win now.

TT took BUF, a team with a strong D and a run game, to the playoffs last season. The Jags fit that description and if they are benching Bortles in favor of Cody Kessler then they are clearly in panic mode.

It think they'd have to entertain the offer.

Would it save their season? Dunno... but I think it'd improve their odds.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Raiders won that trade. Cooper is a solid WR, but unless you’re name is AB, Jones, OBJ...a first rounder is too much.

Raiders have like 5 first round picks in the next two years.  They're going to completely remake their team.  Sound familiar?  LOL

We got Myles Garrett, David Njoku, Jabril Peppers, Denzel Ward, and Baker Mayfield when we were in a similar situation.  I'd say we hit on 4/5, but Peppers being the one pick that just about everybody hated at the time, including myself (even though I tried to talk myself into it).  Remember all that talk about using Peppers on offense?  LOL LOL.  Yeah right.  

Still, we rebuilt our team with those picks, and at least 4/5 of those players aren't just solid, but could be allstars.  Heck, even Peppers could be special.  I mean, Jesus...that fumble Sunday.  Uggggggh.  And he was JUST starting to return the ball well, too.  But you knew it was coming.  Peppers muffed one last week, and you could just feel it coming.  

Anyways, the Raiders are going to rebuild, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with Carr.  He'll get traded sooner than later.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

"Ceilings" don't win now.

TT took BUF, a team with a strong D and a run game, to the playoffs last season. The Jags fit that description and if they are benching Bortles in favor of Cody Kessler then they are clearly in panic mode.

It think they'd have to entertain the offer.

Would it save their season? Dunno... but I think it'd improve their odds.

Can't imagine JAX really entertaining Taylor considering they had an up-close look at him in the playoffs and he was in way over his head.

Who knows?  Maybe you're right and we'll get a bite.  

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

There is nothing random about JG's drug tests. He's pissin' for his paycheck at least twice a week.

Perhaps something has changed.  They used to be random.

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

Perhaps something has changed.  They used to be random.

Depends on the program stage the player is in.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Still, we rebuilt our team with those picks, and at least 4/5 of those players aren't just solid, but could be allstars.  Heck, even Peppers could be special.  I mean, Jesus...that fumble Sunday.  Uggggggh.  And he was JUST starting to return the ball well, too.  But you knew it was coming.  Peppers muffed one last week, and you could just feel it coming.  

That nuts you mention it, because I sh$% you not I was scared he was gonna muff that one on the catch.

Peppers has struggled but he has showed us the kind of potential he has.

Ravens game he absolutely balled out, and  Bucaneers game he was agressive with the returns(yes the fumble sucked) and  I remember him making a great open field tackle. 

Stockpiling picks isn’t sexy but it’s the smart thing to do for some teams.

Archived