THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I’m just upset we gave away a 5 star caliber receiver on his last straw for 5th rounder.

Imo it should’ve been a 3rd rounder at very least, Josh needed New England, and the Patriots needed Gordon bad. 

Bittersweet to see the guy potentially revive his career in the perfect environment

2 catches and he's an pro bowler?  GTFO.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I agree with you Ghoolie... for once. The problem is if we don't leave this thread open every time he makes a catch there will be a threat about him but that must just be because we have a a predisposed love for Baylor players (hint hint Woody LOL)

Ah, you have agreed with me before. Zomblow can just remove all Gordon threads. As I have said, it is still very hard for me to connect emotionally with this team, not the fans, but the team. That doesn't make me a troll or a bad guy, it just makes me an old fart who can't let go of the great days of Browns football when I was a boy, and so much of our family activities could be marked by certain games or players.

That said, even at my most taunting, fishing, and acerbic Ghoolie tirades, I would not be able to deny that this team is very talented, the Baker is the best of the 2018 QBs, that Dorsey  gets an A+ and it is no longer idiotic to say that the Browns can hang with and beat any NFL team  I don't even want to read bullschidt about how we are a few players away......Screw that. What we are is, a few executed plays away from being 4 - 0. I am not saying what if........the games are over. but, this is not a schidt team. I hope Gordon pull a WInslow. Adn if he catches 20 TDs, is player of the year and gets a SB ring, I have no interest in some horse's azz " see, we should have kept him" thread. 

I am hanging around to talk about, critique and witness this season unfold. WTF doe we need to talk abouf Josh Gordon for? It is idiotic.

• 3 weeks later...

Julian Edelman on Josh Gordon: 'Thank you Cleveland'

Your welcome Julian ... ask nicely enough and I am sure we will give you Denzel Ward too

30 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Your welcome Julian ... ask nicely enough and I am sure we will give you Denzel Ward too

Sorry, but something will happen with him to where Edelman will just have to shrug and say "it was fun while it lasted".

12 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

100 yards receiving yesterday.. 

Could of really used him..

Tampa has two big WRs and a speedster in DeSean Jackson..

Take notes Cleveland.. this is how you build a successfull passing game.

Sure we could have used him. But we had no further use for his BS. It will be Bill's way or the highway in New England.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

22 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

100 yards receiving yesterday.. 

Could of really used him..

Tampa has two big WRs and a speedster in DeSean Jackson..

Take notes Cleveland.. this is how you build a successfull passing game.

You think NE just built their successful passing game when Josh Gordon showed up with a hamstring injury?  And I thought Rip Van Winkle took long naps...

Who needs to take notes about Josh Gordon?  The only team that believed in him and supported him throughout countless long term suspensions?  Or, the fans that really miss counting on him after 2013?

WOW!

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If only the Browns would've given him multiple chances over a period of half a decade...... if only. 

LOL, but the dreamers are still thinking "just give him one more chance, and THIS time it's going to be different."

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, but the dreamers are still thinking "just give him one more chance, and THIS time it's going to be different."

Ironic isn't it that Huey would not give JFF the time of day, but he tried to ignore the ticking clock on JG.

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ironic isn't it that Huey would not give JFF the time of day, but he tried to ignore the ticking clock on JG.

I enjoy most of your posts Aggies; but don't blame anyone but JFF for not giving the NFL the time of day he prioritized to partying. Like Canton Dawgs is saying, there's 31 other NFL teams that gave him the exact same "no thanks" that has him playing in Canada.   Is he even tearing that level of competition up?

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I enjoy most of your posts Aggies; but don't blame anyone but JFF for not giving the NFL the time of day he prioritized to partying. Like Canton Dawgs is saying, there's 31 other NFL teams that gave him the exact same "no thanks" that has him playing in Canada.   Is he even tearing that level of competition up?

A little fore-shadowing here.... he is not. 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

A little fore-shadowing here.... he is not. 

I grew up (that's debatable) watching so many QBs that loved to party in college like Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Tommy Kramer, Wade Wilson, and others. Some of them still became good-great pro QBs anyhow. So, I thought Manziel would also be able to do that so this knucklehead was all excited we drafted him.  If my career depended on pegging NFL QBs right, I'd be sleeping under bridges...

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

I grew up (that's debatable) watching so many QBs that loved to party in college like Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Tommy Kramer, Wade Wilson, and others. Some of them still became good-great pro QBs anyhow. So, I thought Manziel would also be able to do that so this knucklehead was all excited we drafted him.  If my career depended on pegging NFL QBs right, I'd be sleeping under bridges...

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. i am not defending JFF in any way. What I am saying is that given his history all the way back to HS, Baylor, etc. JG should not have been given any more consideration that JFF. Neither should have been given the time of day. Nothing about him said. "Keep him". It's the old saying of first time shame on you, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th shame on me.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. i am not defending JFF in any way. What I am saying is that given his history all the way back to HS, Baylor, etc. JG should not have been given any more consideration that JFF. Neither should have been given the time of day. Nothing about him said. "Keep him". It's the old saying of first time shame on you, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th shame on me.

I remember the announcement on the radio when Gordon was selected and the annoucers saying, WHAT THE FU-CK?

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They were both given consideration based on their talent in College. One was selected in the supplemental draft and one was taken in the first round of the NFL draft. One was given a longer leash because when he did play he played at an All-Pro level the other one sucked to put it nicely when he played. Talent rules all in the NFL and of course a troubled talented guy is going to get more chances then a troubled guy who struggles to pick up the game.

36 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

They were both given consideration based on their talent in College. One was selected in the supplemental draft and one was taken in the first round of the NFL draft. One was given a longer leash because when he did play he played at an All-Pro level the other one sucked to put it nicely when he played. Talent rules all in the NFL and of course a troubled talented guy is going to get more chances then a troubled guy who struggles to pick up the game.

The thing that pissed me off the most about JM was his lackadaisical attitude towards his job as an NFL QB.

He could’ve given more effort, which may or may not have been reflected in his on the field play.

Judging from his letter to Baker Mayfield, it sounds like JM has a few regrets...not as many as Browns fans though.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Talent rules 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The next football team that does NOT dump Gordon will be the first football team to NOT dump Gordon. 

Well I am playing him this coming week in FF. I think he's had enough time to adjust to Brady and vice versa. Had 100 yds this week with no TDs.

Plus I have 4 WR/RB types out with injuries so not a lot choice coming up.

14 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Saved me typing time...

I'll only add that once upon a time JG showed a work ethic (which by all accounts has been revived in NE).

JFF? Never did... all the "1st guy in... last guy out" we were spoon fed by a fan onslaught was pure BS... a College Station myth. And he was drag on Gordon's potential.

Archived