Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nickers said:

Link?

Jarvis Landry (knee) limited in Browns' practice on Monday

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry (knee) was listed as a limited participant on the Week 3 injury report.

WHAT IT MEANS:

The Browns did not actually practice on Monday but listed the wideout as limited as an estimation. He is expected to be a full go for Thursday night's showdown with the New York Jets, but it is worth monitoring his practice level on Tuesday.

Landry has racked up 12 catches for 175 yards on 22 targets through the first two weeks of the season.

Source: Nate Ulrich, Akron Beacon Journal

Just now, Zombo said:

Jarvis Landry (knee) limited in Browns' practice on Monday

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry (knee) was listed as a limited participant on the Week 3 injury report.

WHAT IT MEANS:

The Browns did not actually practice on Monday but listed the wideout as limited as an estimation. He is expected to be a full go for Thursday night's showdown with the New York Jets, but it is worth monitoring his practice level on Tuesday.

Landry has racked up 12 catches for 175 yards on 22 targets through the first two weeks of the season.

Source: Nate Ulrich, Akron Beacon Journal

Thanks...

They just increased his workload and pretty much kicked Landry in the nuts by trading Gordon... 

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

They just increased his workload and pretty much kicked Landry in the nuts by trading Gordon... 

Josh caught 19 passes the last 4 years. I think Calloway can handle that workload.

Z

Fvck me... I go to sleep and this thread has 7 new pages? It is a bigger number than the games Gordon has been in this last 4 years!

I've been supporting this comeback and his well being, mostly because I can't imagine how painful can be being a world class athlete that goes downhill thanks to addictions.

But we have to move on, he is not our player anymore and not because the team hasn't given him enough opportunities. Heck, he even mentions it after being cut.

My educated guess is so many of you haven’t had someone like Josh Gordon in your life. My oldest brother is close to 40 and was legit a science wiz kid in high school. The problem was he didn’t give a crap about anything else and his grades were terrible. Fine, my parents pony up money we didn’t have to send him to a private college. Guess what? He gets an A+ in his Chemistry class but F’s in everything else. Has to drop out but fine, let’s get him to a community college. Same crap, different place.

On top of wasting my parents money (which again, we didn’t have), he’s just overall doing whatever he wants. He was always supposed to be picking me up from baseball practice and just didn’t. He’d get drunk and get into fights at bars. Down the line, he wasted away the potential he had and yet we still had that idea he could turn it around. Well guess what? At 40 years old he’s selling junk online and mooches. I will always love my brother, but I don’t talk to the guy unless absolutely necessary.

That has been the same thing with Josh Gordon. We all know what he can bring to the table, but this last event was clearly a final straw.  There's just a point as an organization, family, whatever where you have to cut the cord.

Many people thought this move would happen a couple of years ago due to the success with Randy Moss.  If Josh stays on the field, which we know is a colossal "IF", one shudders to think of what he'll do with someone as accurate as Brady.  Also, Josh's hamstring appears to be legitimately injured, so we'll see how that shakes out too.  

Honestly, I never thought we'd get anything for Josh the last few years, that fact they he made it back and we got a possible 5th rounder is at least something.

Here's the new Josh Gordon:

JG: 4.40 40, 36" vertical, 121" Broad jump

AC: 4.41 40, 34" vertical, 121" Broad jump

Hasn't missed a day of work yet, gets to lineup across from the best possession receiver in the game, is going to catch 100 Baker Mayfield Touchdowns.

Having Josh Gordon on your team is like having a hot girlfriend who you rarely see, always makes excuses and you don't trust ... has that ever worked out for anyone?

Zombo

14 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I just came here to say this is f*cking dumb.  I can see getting rid of the guy if he failed another test, but to send him to the damn patriots for a 5th is mental. I mean send him out of the afc at least. Total hue jackson dip Sheet move where he tries to be "tough" but no one buys in and people wonder why the Browns continue to run over their own feet with a damn fork lift. I haven't read a single reply in this thread and I assume other people are pissed off but f*ck. Now we get to deal with him in that system even after Marsha brady retires.

My opinion is that the entire league had a chance to trade for this guy....and all he could muster was a 5th rounder.  I too thought he may have been traded to the NFC....but apparently NO NFC team thought he was worth the 5th rounder that NE thought he was worth.  So, the Browns got the best deal they could, and were not going to turn down a 5th rounder in order to accept a worse deal to the other conference.

14 hours ago, Mark O said:

Ban him from here and make him go over to that board.  (at least give him a time out or something)  He is not Ghoolie.

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He is a absurd talent finally on the mend and they trade him to the pats for a 5th. It's moronic.

You said you haven't read this thread.. ...Well, maybe you should.   Because several things:   A.  The HC and the GM think the hamstring thing was bogus....that Gordon lied about it.  (backed up by the fact that on Friday he is fine, Monday he is fine, but Sat and Sun he is hurt?...they think he lied.)

B.  He showed up late to a practice/meeting, and apparently seemed unconcerned about it.   C. When he did show up, in the opinion of both the HC and the GM he appeared high.    

So....I don't think that they were looking for excuses to get rid of JG, I just think his lies, his getting high, his unconcern for his job got him sent out of here.

And IF he demonstrates similar behavior with the Pats, he won't be with them long either.

well, if it's true - the Browns give back the fifth rounder, if Gordon doesn't play ...9 games?

Is that what I heard from the kitchen making coffee?

Whatever. He played the Browns for fools by not showing up for training camp because he had "an excuse".

Then, he does some promotion and "pulls a hammy" (read: he doesn't know the plays because he missed training camp), and apparently, he was LATE for a meeting, because...

he's a loser. and he doesn't care. And I don't care because he's had chance after chance after chance...good that he's finally gone. Addition by subtraction because Calloway seems to be the real deal.

Movin on. Bye, hope the door hit ya on the way out.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You said you haven't read this thread.. ...Well, maybe you should.   Because several things:   A.  The HC and the GM think the hamstring thing was bogus....that Gordon lied about it.  (backed up by the fact that on Friday he is fine, Monday he is fine, but Sat and Sun he is hurt?...they think he lied.)

B.  He showed up late to a practice/meeting, and apparently seemed unconcerned about it.   C. When he did show up, in the opinion of both the HC and the GM he appeared high.    

So....I don't think that they were looking for excuses to get rid of JG, I just think his lies, his getting high, his unconcern for his job got him sent out of here.

And IF he demonstrates similar behavior with the Pats, he won't be with them long either.

Yeah, Vag just doesn't get it. Gordon not only wore out his welcome with the Front Office and Coaches, he wore it out with the majority of us fans too. As I said earlier, and Z said in a slightly different way- It's like a guy who's married to an incredibly hot Chick who's constantly cheating on him. And comes back "Oh honey, this time it's going to be different." At some point you come to the realization it's never going to change, (with Gordon, it's been 5 years) and say enough of this crap, get out of my life. 

14 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Alright, you obviously aren't going to listen to anything anybody says. Which is fine. 

Then what a team needs to do is in the draft take the top 5 LT available, 3 slot receivers, and then sign the top 5 DEs.

Since it is ALL about talent, play all 5 along the line, put 2 of the slots out wide, and run a 4-3 with 4 DE and 1 at MLB. Since the pass rusher is 2nd most important position, having 5 out there is the best call right

Yeah that’s exactly what I said.

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, Vag just doesn't get it. Gordon not only wore out his welcome with the Front Office and Coaches, he wore it out with the majority of us fans too. As I said earlier, and Z said in a slightly different way- It's like a guy who's married to an incredibly hot Chick who's constantly cheating on him. And comes back "Oh honey, this time it's going to be different." At some point you come to the realization it's never going to change, (with Gordon, it's been 5 years) and say enough of this crap, get out of my life. 

In that case it is better to be the one that is  badabinging the hot chick, and not the one married to her.  No commitment other than perhaps the cost of a condom.  That is what the Pats are here, they have invested the equivalent of the cost of a condom.   

Man oh Man this isn’t that complicated.  Gordon cost us next nothing.  When he’s on the field we’re better.  He is at worst the 2nd best WR on the team.  We got next to nothing in return.  And to the “change the culture” nonsense our head coach is 1-32-1, what the fu#k does that say about our culture.  How many wins does Jimmy Haslam have as an owner?  How many years has it been since this team was 7-9? But the culture is changing now that we Gordon is gone, smh.

We aren’t any fooking good.  If the Browns were a playoff team and there was a chance a relapse could cost us a playoff win I’d be on board but we SUCK.  How about we go 2-14 before we talk about  the culture of the Browns.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Honestly, I never thought we'd get anything for Josh the last few years, that fact they he made it back and we got a possible 5th rounder is at least something.

Here's the new Josh Gordon:

JG: 4.40 40, 36" vertical, 121" Broad jump

AC: 4.41 40, 34" vertical, 121" Broad jump

Hasn't missed a day of work yet, gets to lineup across from the best possession receiver in the game, is going to catch 100 Baker Mayfield Touchdowns.

Having Josh Gordon on your team is like having a hot girlfriend who you rarely see, always makes excuses and you don't trust ... has that ever worked out for anyone?

It did when I was with her... but we digress.

At 6'3 and 225 what Josh once was for us was the big, fast ,physical WR for which every team pines. We don't have that now...

Of course we did not have that much of the time he was rostered either.

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Yeah that’s exactly what I said.

No not exactly, but you sure seemed to imply that talent means everything. I am just showing you how absurd it is that talent is the only factor.

But let's take a different approach, since you and others seem to keep looking at it just on talent. Say you are paired with someone for a project at work. The smartest guy in the company. You make this presentation that requires both of you to execute it. On the day of the presentation, he doesnt show up. And it has happened multiple times in the past. In fact, him being a part of it effects your job rating and could cost you your job. When the next presentation comes up, are you going to tell the boss you want to work with the really smart guy again and take a chance since he is so smart, even though time and time again he couldn't be relied upon?

People in here hootin and hollarin and jumpin around like a bunch kansas city faggots ( name the movie) lol.

We are making the team better and its not going to happen in one week or one year.  It takes 4-5 years to build a winner...we have 3 years left.  If we still suck in 3 more years..i will legally change my name to ghoolie is awesome.

4 hours ago, Ous said:

Who here really thinks Gordon is going to be productive for NE?

I’m sure the Pats thought they got a gem on these other former Browns castoffs:

Barkevious Mingo

Jason McCourtey 

Jabaal Sheard

Danny Shelton

Kenny Britt

Corey Coleman

Obviously Bill doesn’t have the Midas touch that a lot of people perceive.

I still think the Browns got a good deal in the Jamie Collins acquisition.

It was stated earlier, but I'll reiterate the message. The browns put it out there that they were done with Gordon. They waited until Monday to get as much traffic on him as they possibly could get and the result was a conditional 5th round pick, that in turn, they may end up having to PAY NE A 7TH if he doesn't play in 10 games. Essentially, the Browns could be paying to get rid of Gordon. That is how much the league wanted Josh Gordon. Everyone knows his talent. But everyone also knows his baggage. It's obvious most GM's see Gordon the same way the browns do. Enormous talent, but someone who is only out for themselves. Gordon forced his way out of Cleveland and all the other GM's around the league saw this. The browns supported him time, after time, after time and he still only cares about himself in the end. In today's NFL, teams don't see these types of players working out well for their team anymore. They may provide moments, but often times, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. in the same breath, Tell me, why is Dez Bryant not signed? the same exact reason. He maybe a step slower, but don't tell me he still doesn't have top 15 WR potential in this league. It's his me attitude that is scaring teams away. 

I wanted the Gordon thing to work out. I wanted the redemption story and I wanted the Browns to be the team that had that feel good moment. At the end of the day, for this team, they had to cut the chord. They got the best deal they could. The Browns should walk away and have zero regrets. They did what they could for that man and it was not going to be reciprocated not matter what. Sure, he's probably going to be a stud, but it was never going to be with Cleveland in his head. Sometimes a win by subtraction is the best thing. No, there is no one on this roster whom has his talents. But at some point guys get tired of the coddling and the babysitting of a man. This is a it's time to grow up moment. The browns just proved, it doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't want to be on this team, we will trade you for pennies on the dollar. 

We all wanted the Gordon thing to have a happy ending...we wanted that pro bowl talent we saw.  Sometimes get blinded by something ..fresh eyes see things differently.  Like ghoolie who chased that girl all through high school...and he graduates and it turns out he likes the meat stick.  Sometimes what you think you need isnt what you wanted all along.

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Josh's hamstring appears to be legitimately injured

Nope, he passed the Pats' physical perfectly. Hamstring was NOT an issue. They talked about this at length on Boston sports radio today.

Apparently he asked to borrow Browns practice facility for a shoot for his clothing line but instead was making a hype video for his own social media. To me this is nothing - but it could have been the "final lie" that Berea was talking about.

Archived