THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mark O said:

I will enjoy watching the 53 players who put on the Cleveland Browns uniform each week.

I will enjoy them too.. 

Just sucks knowing that one of the most talented guys we've ever had at WR is going to be playing elsewhere..

Hopefully Tyrod doesn't throw another INT in a crucial moment.. 

Our offense needs to get it together. The defense can't carry them all game..

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Me too, I cheer for the name on the front of the jersey...not the name on the back.

Exactly...every one of these dudes on the team is going to leave at some point and play somewhere else, why get so fucking attached to a particuliar player that you throw a tantrum when he's traded away or released?   Especially one who has pissed away his talent as much as Puffy Gordon has. 

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Exactly...every one of these dudes on the team is going to leave at some point and play somewhere else, why get so Shmucking attached to a particuliar player that you throw a tantrum when he's traded away or released?   Especially one who has pissed away his talent as much as Puffy Gordon has. 

Hmm let's see

The long list of players that were released/traded way too soon..

TJ Ward

Sean Jones

Leigh Bodden

D'Qwell Jackson

Danny Shelton

Alex Mack

Travis Benjamin

Taylor Gabriel

Phil Dawson

Gary Barnidge

Jordan Cameron

Andrew Hawkins

and now Josh Gordon..

5 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I will enjoy them too.. 

Just sucks knowing that one of the most talented guys we've ever had at WR is going to be playing elsewhere..

Hopefully Tyrod doesn't throw another INT in a crucial moment.. 

Our offense needs to get it together. The defense can't carry them all game..

What I want to know is when will you Gordon fans finally say: "Yeah, he's not worth the trouble..."

Another failed drug test? Him pulling a 2018 Training Camp stunt with the Patriots? 

Nothing he ever did caused some of you to ever want to walk away from him because of what he did in 2013. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

What I want to know is when will you Gordon fans finally say: "Yeah, he's not worth the trouble..."

Another failed drug test? Him pulling a 2018 Training Camp stunt with the Patriots? 

Nothing he ever did caused some of you to ever want to walk away from him because of what he did in 2013. 

If it was because he failed a test I'm fine with the trade... I thought I made that clear no?

4 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

If it was because he failed a test I'm fine with the trade... I thought I made that clear no?

me too. 

The problem is that he's likely finally sober and they pull this... I'll watch but I'll take the train wreck/car accident approach, I couldn't care less at this point.

On Tie-rod's interception (He earned his name, Tie-rod) there were only 2 players that went out to catch the ball 8 guys stayed in to block and he was still under pressure and threw a pick. We are a joke. I was pissed at the pregame show where they mocked us and made fun of us but you know what? I can't even be mad anymore. We are a joke of a team run by a bunch of run-of-the-mill jackasses. Do you see the Steelers cutting/releasing/trading Bell because of his stunt? Nobody does this kind of thing but us. We are cursed, straight up. 

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Hmm let's see

TJ Ward

Sean Jones

Leigh Bodden

D'Qwell Jackson

Danny Shelton

Alex Mack

Travis Benjamin

Taylor Gabriel

Phil Dawson

Gary Barnidge

Jordan Cameron

Andrew Hawkins

and now Josh Gordon..

Jesus Christ you really are a fan of the players and not the team since you're still all butt hurt about players from years ago.  Do we really need to go through this again?  Will you actually listen this time?

DQwell Jackson??  The king of the tackle 7 yards downfield

Shelton?  Worthless

Mack---Left as a FA...so wasn't traded or released.  He took LESS than the Browns offered to play in Atlanta.  Get over it.

Benjamin-- Seriously?  I mean Shmucking seriously?    Have you seen his stats in SD/LA?   With a very good QB throwing to him...also left as a FA- his choice...way overpaid for the production but you don't care about that because you had a crush on him because he had cool hair and scored a couple TD's once.

Dawson---Loved Phil...but it was his choice not to sign a long term deal here and keep playing under the franchise tag until he couldn't be afforded here.  Can't afford a $15 million per year kicker.

Barnidge--Is he even still in the league?

Hawkins- doing a podcast with Joe Thomas

Cameron---Same question....is he even still in the league?

Grow up little girl.

21 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

On Tie-rod's interception (He earned his name, Tie-rod) there were only 2 players that went out to catch the ball 8 guys stayed in to block and he was still under pressure and threw a pick. We are a joke. I was pissed at the pregame show where they mocked us and made fun of us but you know what? I can't even be mad anymore. We are a joke of a team run by a bunch of run-of-the-mill jackasses. Do you see the Steelers cutting/releasing/trading Bell because of his stunt? Nobody does this kind of thing but us. We are cursed, straight up. 

A joke ehhhh. Maybe go cheer for your little pets, McCoy, Hogan, Haden, Gordon, or the latest Barkley.

All that best ever talent has equated to a worse record than those Joke Browns

40 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Hmm let's see

TJ Ward

Sean Jones

Leigh Bodden

D'Qwell Jackson

Danny Shelton

Alex Mack

Travis Benjamin

Taylor Gabriel

Phil Dawson

Gary Barnidge

Jordan Cameron

Andrew Hawkins

and now Josh Gordon..

Grow the Shmuck up.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Grow the Shmuck up.

Not sure why we are wasting our time...isn't this goof the one who kept posting over and over and over that Wentz should've been on the Browns.   Talk about living in the past...jesus christ.

I just came here to say this is f*cking dumb.  I can see getting rid of the guy if he failed another test, but to send him to the damn patriots for a 5th is mental. I mean send him out of the afc at least. Total hue jackson dip Sheet move where he tries to be "tough" but no one buys in and people wonder why the Browns continue to run over their own feet with a damn fork lift. I haven't read a single reply in this thread and I assume other people are pissed off but f*ck. Now we get to deal with him in that system even after Marsha brady retires.

32 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I will suck

18 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I'm no troll. 

17 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

me too. 

are we done, circle jerking of trolling? AoZ.gif    Good Luck,Gordo  

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yep, I believe Gordon and his agent scripted his exit out of the organization.

They didn't need to cut him over it.  I also don't believe it was at all planned, it's not like blount 2.0 where he had a history with the cheatriots.  It was a dumb butt move.  Gordon won the genetic lottery and seemed to be on the mend.  The team has promise with a talent laden roster, unless he fails another test this will go down as a pretty bad f*cking move.

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

They didn’t cut him, he was traded.

I’m sure the Browns will find a way to overcome his 2-3 games a year that he plays in.

My bad, they didn't need to trade him over it.  I 

10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I just came here to say this is f*cking dumb.  I can see getting rid of the guy if he failed another test, but to send him to the damn patriots for a 5th is mental. I mean send him out of the afc at least. Total hue jackson dip Sheet move where he tries to be "tough" but no one buys in and people wonder why the Browns continue to run over their own feet with a damn fork lift. I haven't read a single reply in this thread and I assume other people are pissed off but f*ck. Now we get to deal with him in that system even after Marsha brady retires.

You couldn't care less that he is gone from the Browns, you are just mad that he went to the Patriots. As in if he does get keep his life in order, just one more player to make them even better than the Steelers.

When Brady is gone, well when Ben is gone the Steelers have no answer either. Now you got the Jags to deal with too, oh wait, you couldn't deal with them very well last year either

My 2 cents on Gordon:

He wasn't committed to playing football for the Cleveland Browns.  It became painfully obvious with his latest stunt(s).  Dorsey & Hue could no longer make 'exceptions' for him.  It's not fair to the rest of the players.  He had to go.

Perhaps he will dedicate himself to the Patriots since they're a GOOD team.....the opposite from us.  But my gutt tells me that he will revert back to the same ol' Josh.

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You are the same Retarded dipsh!t who drinks Trent Richardson’s bath water. Gordon is a moron and will likely smoke a joint in celebration of getting moved to NE.

Don't forget Carl Hogan who is just as good as Tom Brady

9 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

My bad, they didn't need to trade him over it.  I 

It was premature. Hue didn't like Josh because of the drama. Josh is all about himself and not about the team.

However,  Patriots are sending Cleveland a 5th-round pick and if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late-round pick from Browns, sources tell ESPN. As @rapsheet reported, Patriots were closing in on trade for Gordon. Trade now official.

So were potentially giving tom brady josh for nothing....

3 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

It was premature. Hue didn't like Josh because of the drama. Josh is all about himself and not about the team.

However,  Patriots are sending Cleveland a 5th-round pick and if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late-round pick from Browns, sources tell ESPN. As @rapsheet reported, Patriots were closing in on trade for Gordon. Trade now official.

So were potentially giving tom brady josh for nothing....

They get back a 7th. 

Just now, ColumbusKing said:

For what it’s worth, Cameron retired after 2016 citing his concussions as why, and Barnidge hasn’t played since 2016.

Thanks for proving my point that neither one of them were gotten rid of too soon..   They were both replaced at just about the right time I'd say.

3 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late-round pick from Browns

...I believe it's a 7th rounder.

And since Josh won't be 'active' for 10 games, we get their 5th for our 7th.  And we got rid of a guy that we were going to have to cut.

YOU CANNOT HAVE a player dictating to the team what he will and will not do.  That he's not coming to training camp...That he's hurt when he's not.  He had to go.  Trade or cut.

Believe who you will, but Tony Grossi does work in house for the browns media.Grossi reported on NFL radio today that Dorsey & Haley both felt Josh was on something when he showed up late for work..It's a 6th round value trade that Pats don't have to trade..Neither club feel safe with player traded 

Archived