THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his hammy was still an issue last week. Explains a lot about ththe lack of separation and use as a decoy. Guy still runs a timed 4.38 when healthy. They likely want to make sure they have him in a winnable game against the Jets. So who starts opposite of him , Callaway or Higgins? 

28 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I think his hammy was still an issue last week. Explains a lot about ththe lack of separation and use as a decoy. Guy still runs a timed 4.38 when healthy. They likely want to make sure they have him in a winnable game against the Jets. So who starts opposite of him , Callaway or Higgins? 

I'd guess Higgins. 

Callaway has been a ghost since that first preseason game. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd guess Higgins. 

Callaway has been a ghost since that first preseason game. 

That’s for sure. Wonder how long until he’s out of the dog house. On first game depth chart in theory he was starting opposite Landry. Man I was banking on a Tyrod, Gordon and Landry stack for DraftKings. If Fitz can torch them we can. 

52 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Callaway to stretch the field.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's unfortunate. 

This offense isn't exactly a well-oiled machine right now with all the injuries killing any chance of the unit getting any cohesion. 

I hope he wasn't the missing link in this passing game. 

Having real live fire experience is so important at the NFL level, tough game.

Why do I get the feeling this is phony and this was a move by Hue , to satisfy his ego because Gordan started last week..

58 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I think we'll be better without JG for a week or two. He hasn't assimilated yet. He's just not game-ready.

I agree. He’s a game changer but it can’t hurt for Tyrod to have to do it without him for a week. 

Now it’s time for Hollywood Higgins and Callaway, maybe even Ratley and Willies to contribute..

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

Why do I get the feeling this is phony and this was a move by Hue , to satisfy his ego because Gordan started last week..

Not sure about that. Josh was posting after the game last week looking for “the best” sports doctor in the Cleveland area

and coach hue would do anything for a W at this point, I’m assuming

This happened to CAR also - both TE Greg Olsen and OT Daryl Williams were injured in preseason, tried to gut it out game1, and aggravated it, now out indefinitely.

Sucks for whoever drafted olson.. The problem with even picking up his legitimately good replacement, rookie Ian Thomas from Indiana [he caught 2 TD's against OSU last season] is that Daryl Williams was Newton's best OL, so they'll now have trouble blocking everyone.

Kirskey out too. Blowout loss here we come! I'll be at the game, cheering until we're down 14 in the 1st quarter. 

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Kirskey out too. Blowout loss here we come! I'll be at the game, cheering until we're down 14 in the 1st quarter. 

I feel a blowout regardless of who we start/play... Jimmy ought to be embarrassed good,,,

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

I feel a blowout regardless of who we start/play... Jimmy ought to be embarrassed good,,,

gumby73  have no fear (after a few beers) the Jim Brown avatar is here!! run the damn rock.. 

At this point I feel Gordon is more of a liability than an asset. His intermittent appearance in the line up actually harms our quarterbacks, who try to force him the ball despite not really having good timing with him. At this point I hope he has a good season that will improve his trade value and then trade him in the offseason. Plus I'm one of the suckers who actually drafted him in my fantasy team.

Saints formula..don't let Thomas & Kamara beat ya. Let Watson & Ginn try?..Brees threw 45 balls, 9 to Kamara=172/Thomas 16 balls=180..combined for 3 TD's.. Kamara carried 8 times 29 yards 1 score.Tf'nB 112 rushing, aint's 43 in game. Denzel needs to hold Thomas under 10 balls..Kamara falls to Collins & Schobert & might see Peppers🤞 time to ball out again D..Play the 6'5" kid Willies and let him go get it deep.. 

49 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

At this point I feel Gordon is more of a liability than an asset. His intermittent appearance in the line up actually harms our quarterbacks, who try to force him the ball despite not really having good timing with him. At this point I hope he has a good season that will improve his trade value and then trade him in the offseason. Plus I'm one of the suckers who actually drafted him in my fantasy team.

Why wait? Trade him as soon as he’s healthy . Call Jerry and the Cowgirls and steal a 1st or 2nd round pick 

There is a lot of over reaction going on here. I get it based on the past but damn. Its game 2, he went into game 1 with a hammy issue. It was likely exacerbated by playing 78% of the snaps last week. No need to push it to a chronic injury. 

Last week Mike Evans and Desean Jackson piled up close to 300 yard receiving with 3 TD's against the Saints secondary with Ryan friggin Fitzpatrick throwing to them. I have to think Tyrod throwing to Jarvis, Higgins and Callaway should yield points. 

Archived