Sign in to follow this  
The Gipper

New Dune Movie(s)

I understand that casting has already started on a new Dune movie, and a few of the parts have already been awarded. Link to Facebook discussion:

Only the Paul Atreides role...Timothy Chalamet,  and the Lady Jessica Role....Rebecca Ferguson  have been cast from my understanding.  The other photos listed above for characters is just one person's wish list.   (they seem to have gone heavy on GOT and LOTR  actors)

On the discussion link,  Vincent Donofrio was getting a lot of run for the Baron Harkonnen.

...and maybe Kyle Maclachlan in the role of the Emperor Shaddam Corrino.  (he played Paul in the Lynch movie)

I never got rolling on the books. I owned a copy of Dune and read a fair chunk of it but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I should give it another try.

WSS

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I never got rolling on the books. I owned a copy of Dune and read a fair chunk of it but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I should give it another try.

WSS

You should.  It IS tough sledding at first because there is so much  unusual terminology in the first book that you have to constantly be referring to the Glossary to know what those terms mean.   Once you get it down though it makes it easier.  The original set of 6 books were written by Frank Herbert, and they are a "tougher slog"  than the  sequels and prequels that were written by his son along with collaborator Kevin Anderson.  I have read all of them, sequels and prequels.  Here they all are:

Also,  if you can get a hold of the videos of the miniseries that were made, it could help some.  And, of course, you can view the David Lynch movie made back in the 80s.  That movie has always been somewhat sluggish, but you get to like it better once you are familiar with the story.   The mini-series were more "watchable":

Film(s) Dune (1984)
Television series

Let's hope they don't butcher it like they did "John Carter of Mars"

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Happy birthday kid. Yeah I know it's off topic but fuk it.

WSS

On 9/15/2018 at 1:05 PM, Axe said:

Never saw that, never read the book.

On the discussion of this, it was agreed by most that the Fremen  (who are the desert people),  should essentially be made up of mostly  actors/extras of Middle Eastern descent.