THE BROWNS BOARD

New Dune Movie(s)

Only the Paul Atreides role...Timothy Chalamet,  and the Lady Jessica Role....Rebecca Ferguson  have been cast from my understanding.  The other photos listed above for characters is just one person's wish list.   (they seem to have gone heavy on GOT and LOTR  actors)

On the discussion link,  Vincent Donofrio was getting a lot of run for the Baron Harkonnen.

...and maybe Kyle Maclachlan in the role of the Emperor Shaddam Corrino.  (he played Paul in the Lynch movie)

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I never got rolling on the books. I owned a copy of Dune and read a fair chunk of it but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I should give it another try.

WSS

You should.  It IS tough sledding at first because there is so much  unusual terminology in the first book that you have to constantly be referring to the Glossary to know what those terms mean.   Once you get it down though it makes it easier.  The original set of 6 books were written by Frank Herbert, and they are a "tougher slog"  than the  sequels and prequels that were written by his son along with collaborator Kevin Anderson.  I have read all of them, sequels and prequels.  Here they all are:

Also,  if you can get a hold of the videos of the miniseries that were made, it could help some.  And, of course, you can view the David Lynch movie made back in the 80s.  That movie has always been somewhat sluggish, but you get to like it better once you are familiar with the story.   The mini-series were more "watchable":

Film(s) Dune (1984)
Television series

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

More casting notes:

As noted before, Timothy Chalamet to play Paul Atreides.  Rebecca Ferguson  to play Lady Jessica. 

Now:   Stellan Skarsgard is on board to play the main villain:   The Baron Harkonnen.

And David Bautista  is to play The Beast Rabban.  (he was the big muscle man in the Guardians of the Galaxy)

Major roles still to be cast:

Duke Leto Atreides

Duncan Idaho;   Gurney Halleck.  Stilgar, Chani;, Feyd Rautha;  Princess Irulan;  Emperor Shaddam Corrino; Dr. Yueh;  Piter DeVries; Count Fenrig; Gaius Helen Mohiam;  Liet Kynes.

Archived