THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Taylor led Buff to the playoffs last year.   We shall see.   And lets put the brakes on the adoration for Dalton.  He can play well.....and with a lot of help get his team to the playoffs  (he has more help than TT did last year),  

....BUT.....he IS tied with Y.A. Tittle for having the most postseason losses without a win in NFL history.   So there is that.

Like I said in My post.. "He's not all World".. But adequate enough to be a starter,, A Jack Truedeux type.... Not great.. not completely bad...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I suppose mascots are OK. Baseball has\ had the San Diego Chicken. Dayton Dragons AAA ball club has Heater the Dragon.  Even the Browns brought back the Elf and Swagger. They could can the Dumb- er, Drum Line in my book though. 

I suppose the Dal-a-s-s Cheerleaders are an institution. Barely tolerate them.  :D  

I don't usually get into predictions, but I'll take the Browns and the points Sunday. 

The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders do nothing for me.. They are just a bunch girls with 2 backs and no A$$.. I like some cushion back there.. 😈

Just now, hoorta said:

I suppose mascots are OK. Baseball has\ had the San Diego Chicken. Dayton Dragons AAA ball club has Heater the Dragon.  Even the Browns brought back the Elf and Swagger. They could can the Dumb- er, Drum Line in my book though. 

I suppose the Dal-butt Cheerleaders are an institution. Barely tolerate them.  :D  

I don't usually get into predictions, but I'll take the Browns and the points Sunday. 

Yes mascots and hotdogs with Cleveland Stadium mustard are essential. 

When "D" started pulling that America's team stuff even when they stunk I grew not to like them, not crazy about the country of tex-azz in general.......but the cowgirls can kind of grow on you.

1 minute ago, nickers said:

The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders do nothing for me.. They are just a bunch girls with 2 backs and no A$$.. I like some cushion back there.. 😈

Their tryouts are grueling they want athletes not just pompom girls and hundreds tryout. A big business now. 

Cheerleaders in Cleveland?  Might seem strange at first, if they do it I hope they do it right, no XFL hooker types.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Meanwhile back at the thread...

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh (-5.0) Sun 09/16 12:00 PM

Shaping up to be up-tempo vs. up-tempo. Another game I do not see as being close.

I'm sure there's some stat somewhere concerning PTG's record in home openers... there has to be or them giving 5 points makes no sense to me. Another contributor is the young, 2nd year QB starting on the road for the first time in a formidable place to play.

I don't see any of this mattering.

Up-tempo favors youth... Mahommes has youth... Ben is going to feel even older than he is thanks to an aching shoulder ( :) ). Take KC in the upset... and due to decent weather take the "Over" as well. This one's going to be a scorefest.

Prediction: KC 41 PTG 27

I understand that  Ben R. has not practiced like the entire week.  Some kind of elbow injury.    Any update on that?    Is he going to start/play.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I understand that  Ben R. has not practiced like the entire week.  Some kind of elbow injury.    Any update on that?    Is he going to start/play.

Ben practiced today....  

AFCN - BUF/CIN abstain,  CLE +10 and PIT -5, just cover baby!

AND JAX +1,  ATL -6

ALSO WAS -6, BUF +8' plus on MNF SEA +3.....maybe baby. So there you go! 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There is little doubt in my mind that this is just another Ben R drama queen move. Always pretending to be hurt like a poor poor little baby and then of course he’s just fine

Actually I saw a quote from him early in the week downplaying it all. He's just going along with staff decision.

OK, in retrospect, sending the new pup out there to handle an intradivisional game for his first assignment was a mistake. Rex is assigned to turf sniffing untIl further notice.

Cinnamon, on the other hand, is down in New Orleans for all the action, here is her live report:

"I talked to special teams coach, Amos Jones. He said the Browns are going to their most effective play ever against the Saints ... Punter up the middle. Oh, and I met this nice girl, Lexi ... we're going to play Twister in the street."

tumblr_odrsvqr6pL1t6pdwfo1_1280.jpg

There you have it, a TWITAFCN Exclusive ... the Browns are bringing back "punter up the middle" this week. I'm not sure that Britton Colquit has the running chops of one Reggie Hodges, but if he gets past this kind of hole he could be our leading rusher on the day ...

But that wasn't even our most effective play in the Superdome in the New Browns Era ... No, no, no ... once upon a time, there was this:

It's New Orleans, anything can happen ... Fake Punt scampers, last minute Hail Mary's, Twister turning naked ... we won't know until Cinnamon's post game report, but here is how TGZ sees it unfolding this week:

Cleveland at New Orleans, Sunday, 1 PM

Why are the Browns different this year? Two words: Defensive Speed. Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Terrence Mitchell, Jabril Peppers, Damarious Randall, Jamie Collins ... These guys can get after it. And have you seen the legs on Genard Avery? Week One was not an illusion, the Browns defense will be intense all year and Drew Brees may score some points on us but he will not be sitting in a rocking chair back there throwing darts to open receivers ... those days are over. Offensively the Browns are still working out kinks ... but for once they are working out kinks WITH talent. big day for the wideouts and watch out for Nojoku, this could be his coming out party against Saints D BROWNS 30 SAINTS 27

Kansas City at Pittsburgh, Sunday, 1 PM

Steelers should fare better against Chiefs D, but Ben still has another game-changing turnover in him. Chiefs palymakers should do well against Steeler D. CHIEFS 28 STEELERS 24

rghP34j-qn5S0wE2Ynt8q3Y1GsTjT_XYH_CmGk0s

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually I saw a quote from him early in the week downplaying it all. He's just going along with staff decision.

Well that is the whole passive aggressive thing with him....."ooh, I'm hurt....but its no big deal, and its not my fault that I am questionable,  Drama Queen.

dc06c9c6785531f9cd3a18569ab6eede--ben-ro

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well that is the whole passive aggressive thing with him....."ooh, I'm hurt....but its no big deal, and its not my fault that I am questionable,  Drama Queen.

dc06c9c6785531f9cd3a18569ab6eede--ben-ro

drag-queens.jpg

Baltimore @ Cincinnati (+1.0) Thu 09/13 07:20 PM CDT

Prediction: BLT 37 CIN 20

Final: CIN 34 BLT 23 - LL/LL... but hey... I got the point total correct... :)

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh (-5.0) Sun 09/16 12:00 PM

Prediction: KC 41 PTG 27

Final: KC 42 PTG 37 - W/W... clearly the "27"was a typo... :)

Cleveland @ New Orleans (-10.0) Sun 09/16 12:00 PM

Prediction: NO 27 CLE 24

Final: NO 21 CLE 18 - W/W... nailed the margin of victory anyway...

And that's how you pull out a .500 week...

image.png.d6c02def1c7a45b4568ab3c9c2b9d63d.png

Archived