THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Shmuck you, there are no MotherShmucking kids in here and if there were their parents would have hunted you down and shot you by now. The rules will not be applied evenly. No one has any rules, we go by common sense,  except you, you have rules, one of which is don't post in my threads, Bitch. There ya go ... there's a rule, apply it evenly.

Zombo

I'll also add.. We have Paedophiles and deviants because we make such a big deal over nudity.. I guarantee you if you teach your children smart.. And make them understand.. You will see the number of sex offenders go down.. We create the sex defenders themselves by making nudity such a sacred , taboo thing..  Take the mystery out and just be matter of fact.... I agree about protecting children and all.. but Its just like having a jar of cookies sitting in front of your face.. And you know damn well your gonna steal one.. Every kid has done that pretty much.. Like Z said... its about common sense.. Other countries don't have social difficulties like we do here.. Just sayin'

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and I have no problem with an occasional damn, Sheet, screw you, Shmuck, whatever in conversation just not a whole diatribe that runs for pages and across threads just to be an ignorant pooper.

Again judgment calls made by the mods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now why don't all teams have cheerleaders?  :P

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

Other countries don't have social difficulties like we do here.. Just sayin'

QFT....spent significant time overseas, particularly the pacific rim and europe, and sex is way more normalized.  Charles DuGaul airport in france literally had fashion ads with full-on boob. soap baths in japan, public baths in hungary (and many others), nude beaches in Nice and Negril....

people are so uptight here...largely due to religious convictions imo

22 minutes ago, choco said:

QFT....spent significant time overseas, particularly the pacific rim and europe, and sex is way more normalized.  Charles DuGaul airport in france literally had fashion ads with full-on boob. soap baths in japan, public baths in hungary (and many others), nude beaches in Nice and Negril....

A bunch of PLAYBOY bunnies and others got behind #nakedisnormal tag and the magazine brought the pictures  back. 

26 minutes ago, choco said:

I have been to Europe and saw that.. I totally agree with your post... Religion sadly makes things harder.. I find most religion hypocritical... I grew up Roman Catholic..... I really don't prescribe to any religion.. I do believe in a higher power.. but its not some old guy with a white beard in the clouds.... My religion basically is treat others the way you wish to be treated.. Sorry to digress... Back too Football..

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Yes and let's keep the facts completely  straight this is ONE very specific thread started in 2008 with 611,775 views:

TheBrownsBoard's Official & Original: HOT Cheerleaders Thread

By Mr. T, October 26, 2008 in THE BROWNS BOARD 

Any problems or questions with that? It isn't new or confusing and does NOT have any profane, juvenile, offensive, argumentative or just plain intentionally stupid comments. 

Besides I've always thought cheerleaders and other lovely ladies are kind of nice........so does the NFL. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now back to football,  question why does Cincinnati have cheerleaders and not Cleveland? And I think 26 of 32 teams have cheerleaders, hmmmmmm.

Because way back Cleveland & the Browns decided it was about FOOTBALL, not a T & A show. Back at the old stadium cheerleaders were totally unnecessary. Cheering was spontaneous. IIRC, the Steelers don't have cheerleaders either.

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Because way back Cleveland & the Browns decided it was about FOOTBALL, not a T & A show. Back at the old stadium cheerleaders were totally unnecessary. Cheering was spontaneous. IIRC, the Steelers don't have cheerleaders either.

They're still totally unnecessary....

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

They're still totally unnecessary....

Mark, we can wait until absentee ballots are counted -but-.......

National Football League Cheerleading, or simply NFL Cheerleading, is a professional cheerleading organization in the United States. 26 of the 32 NFL teams include a cheerleading squad in their franchise. Cheerleaders are a popular attraction that can give a team more coverage/airtime, popular local support, and increased media image. In 1954, the Baltimore Colts became the first NFL team to have cheerleaders. They were part of the Baltimore Colts Marching Band.

Most NFL cheerleading squads are a part-time job. Often, cheerleaders have completed or are attending a university, and continue on to other careers after cheering for one to four seasons. The members participate in practice, training camp, games, appearances, photo shoots, and charity events. Apart from their main duties of cheering during the football games, the cheerleaders have many other responsibilities. Nearly every team member is available for appearances at schools, events, conferences, etc., for a set fee.

An anticipated annual event is the release of each squad's calendar, featuring members for each month in swimsuits or uniforms.

As well as being a mainstay of American football culture, the cheerleaders are one of the biggest entertainment groups to regularly perform for the United States Armed Forces overseas with performances and tours being enlisted by the USO. Teams send their variety show, an elite group of their best members, to perform combination shows of dance, music, baton twirling, acrobatics, gymnastics, and more. In February 2007, the Buffalo Bills even sent a squad of eight along with their choreographer into the war zone of Iraq. In 1996, the San Francisco 49ers Cheerleaders and their director helicoptered into the war inflicted country of Bosnia with the USO and the U.S. Army. The U.S. troops in Korea have been entertained during the holiday season with the USO's Bob Hope Tour. Over the years, the tour has featured NFL cheerleaders from the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.

In 2018 the first male dancers were added to National Football League Cheerleading.  <------ NOW THAT PART IS UNNECESSARY, REALLY!

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Mark, we can wait until the ads enter ballots are counted -but-.......

National Football League Cheerleading, or simply NFL Cheerleading, is a professional cheerleading organization in the United States. 26 of the 32 NFL teams include a cheerleading squad in their franchise. Cheerleaders are a popular attraction that can give a team more coverage/airtime, popular local support, and increased media image. In 1954, the Baltimore Colts became the first NFL team to have cheerleaders. They were part of the Baltimore Colts Marching Band.

Most NFL cheerleading squads are a part-time job. Often, cheerleaders have completed or are attending a university, and continue on to other careers after cheering for one to four seasons. The members participate in practice, training camp, games, appearances, photo shoots, and charity events. Apart from their main duties of cheering during the football games, the cheerleaders have many other responsibilities. Nearly every team member is available for appearances at schools, events, conferences, etc., for a set fee.

An anticipated annual event is the release of each squad's calendar, featuring members for each month in swimsuits or uniforms.

As well as being a mainstay of American football culture, the cheerleaders are one of the biggest entertainment groups to regularly perform for the United States Armed Forces overseas with performances and tours being enlisted by the USO. Teams send their variety show, an elite group of their best members, to perform combination shows of dance, music, baton twirling, acrobatics, gymnastics, and more. In February 2007, the Buffalo Bills even sent a squad of eight along with their choreographer into the war zone of Iraq. In 1996, the San Francisco 49ers Cheerleaders and their director helicoptered into the war inflicted country of Bosnia with the USO and the U.S. Army. The U.S. troops in Korea have been entertained during the holiday season with the USO's Bob Hope Tour. Over the years, the tour has featured NFL cheerleaders from the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.

In 2018 the first male dancers were added to National Football League Cheerleading.  <------ NOW THAT PART IS UNNECESSARY, REALLY!

Not sure what any of that has to do with football or their being necessary.   But ok.    I still think they're unnecessary and not needed at an NFL game.   But I know i'm in the minority.   I like being one of the few teams that doesn't have them.  Makes us different.

Just now, Mark O said:

Not sure what any of that has to do with football or their being necessary.   But ok.    I still think they're unnecessary and not needed at an NFL game.   But I know i'm in the minority.   I like being one of the few teams that doesn't have them.  Makes us different.

The actual game probably would survive without cheerleaders -but- to me they're part of the ambience of football like tailgating, eating great fatty foods, drinking beer all that good stuff. Reaching back to college and even high school football. 

Now MLB might get a bid wierd.

11 hours ago, nickers said:

I agree.. I'm not saying he's all world talent wise.. But he's smart.. Makes plays.. Plays well within his abilities..  And he doesn't waste throws... Id like having him instead of Taylor.. who is just not good enough to lead a team anywhere in My view...

Taylor led Buff to the playoffs last year.   We shall see.   And lets put the brakes on the adoration for Dalton.  He can play well.....and with a lot of help get his team to the playoffs  (he has more help than TT did last year),  

....BUT.....he IS tied with Y.A. Tittle for having the most postseason losses without a win in NFL history.   So there is that.

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The actual game probably would survive without cheerleaders -but- to me they're part of the ambience of football like tailgating, eating great fatty foods, drinking beer all that good stuff. Reaching back to college and even high school football. 

Then let the other teams have them.   i like being unique.   No cheerleaders and no logo on the helmet. 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I agree- a little too "over the top".  :)  

Is it the size of the endowment......or what use you make of it?

(OK.....am I talking  about the money that colleges have in their coffers...or something else.  The college my daughter went to has gobs and gobs of money in their coffers, a huge endowment fund.....5 times more than the college my son went to; but that school was stingy as hell when it came to doling out financial aid.  They had 5 times more money than my son's school did, yet my son's school gave him 5 times more money than my daughter's school gave her).

But, I digress.   The young lady in question is certainly endowed like my daughter's school is.....but she seems much less stingy with her endowment.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Boobs are okay, this is nudity. THere are kids that come in here. I am all for the rules being evenly applied. A rule is or it isn't,  none of this interpretation bullschidt. Nudity is clear, this chick is nude up top..

She was fully draped.....just a little sheer.   But, I see it has been taken down. (as I said though, look at the cheerleader thread....full nudity has been on there..(unless it has been edited).....well, except, no, they do not show what Donald Trump regularly grabs at).

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh and I have no problem with an occasional damn, Sheet, screw you, Shmuck, whatever in conversation just not a whole diatribe that runs for pages and across threads just to be an ignorant pooper.

Again judgment calls made by the mods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now why don't all teams have cheerleaders?  :P

Because nobody cares about having them.  Really, I don't care, I don't really want the Browns to have them.    Just like I don't want a helmet logo. 

I want winning football.

So tell me when we are going to have that!

26 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Non sequiters are mjp's SOP.   

And I do NOT think you are in the minority.....not among Browns fans.   Everyone here who has opined so far have said they are unnecessary...and unwanted  (except maybe mjp)

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Then let the other teams have them.   i like being unique.   No cheerleaders and no logo on the helmet. 

Helmets must stay as is forever. 

Cheerleaders eh, we're definitely in the  (unpopular?) minority why not cheerleaders? 

......six teams do not have cheerleading squads: Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Packers do, however, use a collegiate squad to cheer at home games. Super Bowl XLV between the Steelers and the Packers in February 2011 was the first time a Super Bowl featured no cheerleaders.......

The Packers do use college squads for home games.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Helmets must stay as is forever. 

Cheerleaders eh, we're definitely in the  (unpopular?) minority why not cheerleaders? 

......six teams do not have cheerleading squads: Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Packers do, however, use a collegiate squad to cheer at home games. Super Bowl XLV between the Steelers and the Packers in February 2011 was the first time a Super Bowl featured no cheerleaders.......

The Packers do use college squads for home games.

WTF ever.  You want to look at hot bitches, see above.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Non sequiters are mjp's SOP.   

And I do NOT think you are in the minority.....not among Browns fans.   Everyone here who has opined so far have said they are unnecessary...and unwanted  (except maybe mjp)

And what is that sample size in NE OHIO? 

And you spelled sequitur wrong:

Definition of non sequitur

1: an inference (see inference 2) that does not follow from the premises (see 1premise 1); specifically : a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative (see 1affirmative 3) proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent (see 1consequent 1)
2: a statement (such as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said 
  • We were talking about the new restaurant when she threw in some non sequitur about her dog.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

OK, OK, OK,    I have laid off  Esmerelda,   because she was too distracting to the clientele.  So, instead, I have called in a temp.....one I have used fairly recently  (in another thread).   Just your basic blonde, with the unassuming name of  Emma.  

Oh and my pick in this thread were real Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.  ( no non sequitur ;) )

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And what is that sample size in NE OHIO? 

And you spelled sequitur wrong:

Definition of non sequitur

1: an inference (see inference 2) that does not follow from the premises (see 1premise 1); specifically : a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative (see 1affirmative 3) proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent (see 1consequent 1)
2: a statement (such as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said 
  • We were talking about the new restaurant when she threw in some non sequitur about her dog.

Hey, I won a class spelling bee when I was in grade school.....and my son won the City wide spelling bee once.    How did you do?

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hey, I won a class spelling bee when I was in grade school.....and my son won the City wide spelling bee once.    How did you do?

Not today you didn't. :lol:

Actually I was pretty good in grammar, spelling all that fun stuff in college and more importantly work but now I occasionally cheat and ask my wife (not home now) she's the spelling  bee champ in this house.......but we're drifting off topic a bit.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Not today you didn't. :lol:

Actually I was pretty good in grammar, spelling all that fun stuff in college and more importantly work but now I occasionally cheat and ask my wife (not home now) she's the spelling  bee champ in this house.......but we're drifting off topic a bit.

You are the one that wanted to play   spelling Nazi.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

You are the one that wanted to play   spelling Nazi.

You started it with the non sequiters stuff......nah, nah, nah. But that's not important I don't ever get down on people's grammar unless they're being a jerk.

Meanwhile back at the thread...

OY! Painful start to the week... but even more than my embarrassment is the realization that the Bangels are no girl-group. I had 2 of our 6 wins against them.

Baltimore @ Cincinnati (+1.0) Thu 09/13 07:20 PM CDT

Prediction: BLT 37 CIN 20

Final: CIN 34 BLT 23 - L/L... but hey... I got the point total correct... :)

image.png.1d625b4c53fe59af283e42df70cfb9ab.png

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh (-5.0) Sun 09/16 12:00 PM

Shaping up to be up-tempo vs. up-tempo. Another game I do not see as being close.

I'm sure there's some stat somewhere concerning PTG's record in home openers... there has to be or them giving 5 points makes no sense to me. Another contributor is the young, 2nd year QB starting on the road for the first time in a formidable place to play.

I don't see any of this mattering.

Up-tempo favors youth... Mahommes has youth... Ben is going to feel even older than he is thanks to an aching shoulder ( :) ). Take KC in the upset... and due to decent weather take the "Over" as well. This one's going to be a scorefest.

Prediction: KC 41 PTG 27

Cleveland @ New Orleans (-10.0) Sun 09/16 12:00 PM

This one has all the makings to feel like we are walking into a hornets' nest. NOLA was stunned last week... they got "Fitzed"... they got embarrassed... they gonna be pissed.

And the Browns come to town... *sigh* ... timing really is everything.

However... this is not the 2017 Browns. This one has an opportunistic Defense as it showed Week 1. I see the Week 1 trend continuing with our D taking the ball away multiple times... a tipped INT here... a forced fumble there.

But can the O do anything with the TOs this go'round? One way or another, i.e., led by one QB or another, I think we will... but we will just not do enough.

Take the Browns and the points...

Prediction: NO 27 CLE 24

I'm 0-0-1 I guess, do ties count? Well I wasn't feeling good and didn't pick bal/cin here -but- I'm thinking pizzsburgh covers in KC and will have to go over my pick ems again.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I suppose mascots are OK. Baseball has\ had the San Diego Chicken. Dayton Dragons AAA ball club has Heater the Dragon.  Even the Browns brought back the Elf and Swagger. They could can the Dumb- er, Drum Line in my book though. 

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh and my pick in this thread were real Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.  ( no non sequitur ;) )

I suppose the Dal-a-s-s Cheerleaders are an institution. Barely tolerate them.  :D  

I don't usually get into predictions, but I'll take the Browns and the points Sunday. 

Archived