THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns activate..........................DE anthony zettel......

Clevfan4life

Looking at the Division rivals, I'm more concerned about Bell, Mixon and Collins than Ben, Dalton and Flacco. 

We can't sacrifice run D. Or at least don't go all in pass D. I like what Tour said about Peppers playing close to the box to balance our run D. 

14 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i know nothing about the saints except drew brees can still sling it. Are we in fir another 100 plus yd rusher with them?

We're in for a healthy dose of Kamara, and it won't be pretty.  He'll likely be over 100 yards rushing AND 100 yards receiving.  He's that good.  

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

We're in for a healthy dose of Kamara, and it won't be pretty.  He'll likely be over 100 yards rushing AND 100 yards receiving.  He's that good.  

I had it in mind to write this as well...

It's a real possibility.

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well,  I think that "Collins", our Collins, is the guy that may have the main duty of covering the opposing RB, no?  Or is it somebody else?

Our linebackers took a bit of heat last week compared to other parts of the defense, but Collins is the guy who didn't do much in my opinion. If we're going to have ANY chance to keep this game CLOSE, Jamie Collins is going to need to show up, and show up LARGE. It's not a stretch to say Collins, and the other backers, will determine whether we win or lose. Yes, our secondary has to be amazing, yes we obviously need another monster game out of Myles Garrett, but our linebackers ability to cover AND tackle effectively will be everything. Limiting YAC, disrupting passing lanes, and stopping (or slowing down) Kamara. 

well, in rushing -

Rushing 159 177
Rushing Attempts  35     38
Yards per rush 4.5 4.7

the first set of numbers is the rushing totals for pukesburg....they have a set offense for years, pretty much a set group of players.

The Browns had a new qb, two new rbs, brand new LT, Bitonio back at LOG,One new TE, new RT....etc etc. New OC.

Pukes had a new rb. and the Browns still outrushed them.

I'm happy that the Browns played so tough the first game in the rain, vs the pukes, and tied. A few miscues/miscommunications on defense - sure - it's to be expected. First regular season game, no loss - that's ok !

Having said that, there needs to be improvement this next game. Tyrod wasn't getting the ball downfield, the offensive line washaving some communication/coordination problems here and there, sure.

Without a lot of improvement, well, the Browns offense could get owned by the Saints. The Browns defense adjusted for the second half, and the secondary is going to rock all season - and pressure/interceptions/shutdowns by the defense will continue.

Tomorrow, vs the Saints? Tyrod has to show he isn't afraid to get the ball downfield at any time. Dink and dunk is playing it safe. Advantage - opposing defenses. And, as soon as I saw him throw to Gordon for that second time, down the right sideline?

The db already got burned once on the same play, Tyrod threw it, I cringed, and it was under-thrown, just bad.

Tomorrow, I expect the Browns' defense will make a name for themselves - and give the Saints fits. And the Browns offense will get their timing down, and play better.

Concern? that Tyrod keeps struggling - he can make plays, etc - but he doesn't seem to have the same accuracy that Baker does, doesn't seem to have the elusive instincts in the pocket/backfield that Baker does, doesn't have Baker's arm strength, and doesn't see the field "instantly" like Baker does.

It could be, Tyrod rocks it in a few games, or Baker plays sooner that we think. But I believe Tyrod will bounce back.

What was the score last week? TB 48 Saints 40 ? The Browns have a defense that will be even better tomorrow, and the Saints offense could be toast. And the Saint's pass defense ... not good.

Rock it, Tyrod.

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Our linebackers took a bit of heat last week compared to other parts of the defense, but Collins is the guy who didn't do much in my opinion. If we're going to have ANY chance to keep this game CLOSE, Jamie Collins is going to need to show up, and show up LARGE. It's not a stretch to say Collins, and the other backers, will determine whether we win or lose. Yes, our secondary has to be amazing, yes we obviously need another monster game out of Myles Garrett, but our linebackers ability to cover AND tackle effectively will be everything. Limiting YAC, disrupting passing lanes, and stopping (or slowing down) Kamara. 

I wonder if we'll see more 4-2-5 alignment on early downs...

We don't have an LB that can track Kamara.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I wonder if we'll see more 4-2-5 alignment on early downs...

We don't have an LB that can track Kamara.

Kirskey and Gordon ruled out now. A loss just turned into a blowout. 

Archived