THE BROWNS BOARD

What is the Reality?

Ghoolie

Your point is taken...however....this is a football forum. I do not know, or care to know the dirty little secrets of the Haslam family or their business practices outside of the Browns. Don't worry....you will have to go a hell of a lot farther for me to consider you a racist. I hope we are wrong about Haslam siding with Hue, but as I said, it's something I fear, and it wouldn't surprise me.

3 hours ago, lodilobo said:

It was intended to be humorous....I was obviously screwing with you. Really....I believe that there could possibly be a lawyer out there somewhere who isn't delusional. 

Have you made your Will yet?   POAs?  DPAHC?  

You are in Lodi, I am not that far away.    I could set you up!   ;)

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Have you made your Will yet?   POAs?  DPAHC?  

You are in Lodi, I am not that far away.    I could set you up!   ;)

In other scenarios, asking someone in the internet if he has made his Will would have an entirely different meaning...

click^^ opening this >>  https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/13/brogan-roback-loves-his-present-from-baker-mayfield/  by all means, go back and lol at video🤣 sorry, but in reality, I still woke up to electrical power.. 🛴

5 hours ago, lodilobo said:

I'm too young to think of such things. I will let you know when I'm ready. Thanks, anyway. 

You are never too young. How old do you think you need to be?  I just had to handle the estate of a cousin of mine.  Died in her early 50s.

Yes, that is too young to die, but you are not too young to plan.....because you never know,   and it helps your family and the cost is not that bad.

(not really trying to drum up business....I am just trying to give you some good advice)

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

click^^ opening this >>  https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/13/brogan-roback-loves-his-present-from-baker-mayfield/  by all means, go back and lol at video🤣 sorry, but in reality, I still woke up to electrical power.. 🛴

I guess this is the thread for completely random shite.

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And I personally have no clue what that meaning would be. Honestly.

It could be menacing. Like ''Have you written your Will already? Because you're gonna need it soon...''' 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I guess this is the thread for completely random shite.

just dragging some boats across Ignore Highway 

continue your internet purse & pillow fighting 👛💤   

10 hours ago, lodilobo said:

I'm too young to think of such things. I will let you know when I'm ready. Thanks, anyway. 

& then we had a mom, dad (both in their 20s), and their 2 year old kid die in a house fire. 18 year old just graduated from HS kid killed on I-675 by a wrong way driver. That's in the last month. It happens. Pretty sure almost none of the 4,000 or so people that got killed on 9\11 weren't thinking that was going to be their last day on earth. 

Of course if you have no assets, you probably don't need a will.  :) 

Hue should’ve been fired after 1-15. And keeping him after 1-31 is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen in sports.  The Haslem’s make Ted Stepien look like a genius

Again, my humor is wasted. I'm 68 years old, owner of a small business, and do not take life for granted. I've been very fortunate with  my health my entire life and continue to run, work out, and stay active. Of course I have made arrangements in the event of my death. I sincerely appreciate your examples, and concerns, as I have attended too many wakes and funerals in the last few years. I don't dwell on the inevitable. My only real planning for what lurks ahead, is to be aware of my mental health and leave this place on my own terms when the time comes. I will NOT linger in a nursing home bed, staring at the ceiling for eternity. Assets?....never really obsessed with possessions. Of course I've accumulated things over the years. I've been very lucky in some ways with that also. As long as I have a couple race cars to throw money into, a few wolves to maintain,and a roof over my head...I'm good. This has lacked humor....sorry.

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are never too young. How old do you think you need to be?  I just had to handle the estate of a cousin of mine.  Died in her early 50s.

Yes, that is too young to die, but you are not too young to plan.....because you never know,   and it helps your family and the cost is not that bad.

(not really trying to drum up business....I am just trying to give you some good advice)

This is absolutely correct.. I'm also thinking about revamping my will.. I'm not worth a whole lot.. I just want to save my surviving family members the headache a persons death could cause.. He would be wise to accept your advice.. if not for anything else.. To at least educate himself in such sensitive matters...

5 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Again, my humor is wasted. I'm 68 years old, owner of a small business, and do not take life for granted. I've been very fortunate with  my health my entire life and continue to run, work out, and stay active. Of course I have made arrangements in the event of my death. I sincerely appreciate your examples, and concerns, as I have attended too many wakes and funerals in the last few years. I don't dwell on the inevitable. My only real planning for what lurks ahead, is to be aware of my mental health and leave this place on my own terms when the time comes. I will NOT linger in a nursing home bed, staring at the ceiling for eternity. Assets?....never really obsessed with possessions. Of course I've accumulated things over the years. I've been very lucky in some ways with that also. As long as I have a couple race cars to throw money into, a few wolves to maintain,and a roof over my head...I'm good. This has lacked humor....sorry.

OK,  sorry.  I guess I just took your words at face value.  I guess I need to be more attuned to dry humor, since I use it a lot myself.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

This is absolutely correct.. I'm also thinking about revamping my will.. I'm not worth a whole lot.. I just want to save my surviving family members the headache a persons death could cause.. He would be wise to accept your advice.. if not for anything else.. To at least educate himself in such sensitive matters...

Sounds like he actually has.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sounds like he actually has.

I just saying I agree.. That no matter where your at in life.. Its all about tying loose ends in life.. And leaving behind as few of them as one can...

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

I just saying I agree.. That no matter where your at in life.. Its all about tying loose ends in life.. And leaving behind as few of them as one can...

Absolutely. 

Sometimes the grief of losing someone can be overwhelmed by the absolute clusterShmuck dealt to the surviving loved ones because the deceased affairs weren't taken care of. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely. 

Sometimes the grief of losing someone can be overwhelmed by the absolute clusterShmuck dealt to the surviving loved ones because the deceased affairs weren't taken care of. 

One of the things I strongly agree on is getting a Transfer of Death decree.. Whereby you can bypass any or all court litigation and have all of your assets transferred immediately to whomever is Executor of your Estate and affairs... Without any major hinderance...

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely. 

Even late in life is a good time to revisit wills. We changed ours recently so that one of our kids gets a lot more than the other because the other will inherit far more than we have through the spouse's side of the family. Kids have been very close all their lives and this presented no problem whatsoever since I discussed it with both before making any changes.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! The old man used to tell us kids that his will consisted of one sentence, "Being of sound mind, I spent it all!"

Or you could be like George Saintsbury, one of the 1800s biggest wine connoisseurs.  "Being of sound mind, I drank it all- too bad for you."  Really, his cellar only had a couple cases left when he died. That's not like our wine class mentor who died last year, and left (by our best guess) around 6,000 bottles of wine to his kids. Fortunately they all like wine. His cellar could put some small beverage stores to shame. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Or you could be like George Saintsbury, one of the 1800s biggest wine connoisseurs.  "Being of sound mind, I drank it all- too bad for you."  Really, his cellar only had a couple cases left when he died. That's not like our wine class mentor who died last year, and left (by our best guess) around 6,000 bottles of wine to his kids. Fortunately they all like wine. His cellar could put some small beverage stores to shame. 

My problem is I like fine books as much as fine wine and trying to maintain two great libraries is impossible. So I drink the wine among my lovely leather books.  LOL! 🍷📚🤩

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My problem is I like fine books as much as fine wine and trying to maintain two great libraries is impossible. So I drink the wine among my lovely leather books.  LOL! 🍷📚🤩

What are you reading now, TexAg?

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

What are you reading now, TexAg?

I have been remiss in starting my signed leather copy of "Wrinkles in Time" by Nobel Prize winning astrophysicist George Smoot. But taking it with me to Colorado tomorrow. Got distracted by a couple of forgettable murder mysteries and one forgettable 🤴 on the poly board. LOL!😁

Archived