THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs. Saints Trivia Thread

The Gipper

I have laid off the trivia for quite some time, but now that the Browns are playing a team that they see only once every 4 years, I thought I would bring out a set on that "rivalry".....or lack thereof.    So, here you go.  See if you can come up with any.   Remember, no Googling.

1. What is the current head to head record of the Browns vs. the Saints?

2. What WR that lead the Saints in passing for a season also played for the Browns for a while?

3. Which Saints first round draft pick also played for the Browns for a while?

4. What Pro Bowl player for the Saints signed a big FA contract with the Browns....but never played a down for them?

5. On what date were the Saints founded?

6. After Hurricane Katrina, the Saints played their home games in 3 different cities.   Name these cities.

7. The Saints won the only Super Bowl they ever appeared in.  Besides them, what are the other 2 teams that have won the only SB they have been in?

8. The Saints colors are Black and  Gold.  What other teams in the NFL claim black and gold as their colors?

9. The Saints "Fleur de Lis" logo is actually the emblem of which French Royal Family?

10. Only 3 people whose primary playing career was with the Saints are members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  Name these three.

Bonus:  The Browns and the Saints actually played in the same division for ONE season together.   Which year was that....what was the name of that division, and who were all the members of it?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I have laid off the trivia for quite some time, but now that the Browns are playing a team that they see only once every 4 years, I thought I would bring out a set on that "rivalry".....or lack thereof.    So, here you go.  See if you can come up with any.   Remember, no Googling.

Browns lead 15-4

2. What WR that lead the Saints in passing for a season also played for the Browns for a while?

4. What Pro Bowl player for the Saints signed a big FA contract with the Browns....but never played a down for them?

LaCharles Bentley

March 14 1967?

6. After Hurricane Katrina, the Saints played their home games in 3 different cities.   Name these cities.

San Antonio, Shreveport, Birmingham

7. The Saints won the only Super Bowl they ever appeared in.  Besides them, what are the other 2 teams that have won the only SB they have been in?

Jets, Tampa Bay

8. The Saints colors are Black and  Gold.  What other teams in the NFL claim black and gold as their colors?

Steelers

9. The Saints "Fleur de Lis" logo is actually the emblem of which French Royal Family?

10. Only 3 people whose primary playing career was with the Saints are members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  Name these three.

Archie Manning, 

Bonus:  The Browns and the Saints actually played in the same division for ONE season together.   Which year was that....what was the name of that division, and who were all the members of it?

Century Division 1968

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

have laid off the trivia for quite some time, but now that the Browns are playing a team that they see only once every 4 years, I thought I would bring out a set on that "rivalry".....or lack thereof.    So, here you go.  See if you can come up with any.   Remember, no Googling.

Browns lead 15-4  Close, but not quite.   But I give it to you with a margin of error.

LaCharles Bentley  Check

March 14 1967?  No,  but oddly....the date IS significant to the franchise.

San Antonio, Shreveport, Birmingham  Only San Antonio is correct.

Jets, Tampa Bay Check..

Steelers  Check.....I guess.

Archie Manning,   NO,  Archie is not HOF.

Century Division 1968  Check, as far as you went.

Receiving? Donte Stallworth.

I'm going to keep riding Donte Stallworth.

6/6/66

East Rutherford, NJ, Lafayette, San Antonio

King Louis

Morten Anderson, Rickey Jackson , Willie Roaf

Before my time ... NFL Century? Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Saints, Colts

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Receiving? Donte Stallworth.  Check

I'm going to keep riding Donte Stallworth. Good move: Check!

6/6/66  Right year.....wrong date.   In fact the supposed opposite of that date.

East Rutherford, NJ, Lafayette, San Antonio  Check on E.R. NJ.   and SA,  not Lafayette.

King Louis  Looking for the family name.....there were at least  16 King Louis's , the last one lost his head to Monsieur Guillotine

Morten Anderson, Rickey Jackson , Willie Roaf  Check on all three

Before my time ... NFL Century? Steelers, Cardinals, Browns, Saints, Colts   You got them all, but added one.  Colts not there.  But the other 4 were the entire Century division. You get the check.

Second Chance Saloon,   here are the unanswered questions:

5.  On what date (in 1966)   were the Saints founded?  Hint: significant to that franchise.

6. Besides San Antonio and East Rutherford NJ, what other city did the Saints play a home game after Katrina?

7. What was the name of the French Royal House from which the Saints took their Fleur de Lis symbol.    Hint:    plastic cups and lack of open container laws.

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Second Chance Saloon,   here are the unanswered questions:

5.  On what date (in 1966)   were the Saints founded?  Hint: significant to that franchise.

6. Besides San Antonio and East Rutherford NJ, what other city did the Saints play a home game after Katrina?

7. What was the name of the French Royal House from which the Saints took their Fleur de Lis symbol.    Hint:    plastic cups and lack of open container laws.

6. Baton Rouge?

7. Redsolocups

Zombo

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

This is the only question not answered so far (all tries so far have failed).

Given how much they like to drink in N.O., I'm going to say the Bourbons.

You got these all, but here I will do a wrapup

Browns have a 13-4 edge in the series.

Donte Stallworth

Donte Stallworth

LeCharles Bentley

November 1, 1966    All Saints Day

They played their home game against the Giants in East Rutherford NJ.   Then they played a few games in the Alamodome in San Antonio . Then finally the played at least one game in the LSU Tigers  Stadium in Baton Rouge.

Jets and Buccaneers   (a few other teams have lost their only SB appearance:  Chargers, Cardinals, Titans, 

The Steelers,   but everyone knows, including them, that their color is nowhere near "gold".   It is as yellow as the streaks on their backs.

The Bourbon Family.    The street was named after them, not the liquor...in fact, I suspect that the liquor was named after them.

Willie Roaf, Ricky Jackson, Morten Andersen.  They have also had Jim Finks inducted as a contributor.  A few other HOFers have had a cup of coffee with the Saints, notably, Earl Campbell, Jim Taylor, Ken Stabler

Drew Brees will make it someday after he retires.

1968  Century Division:   Browns/Steelers/Cardinals/Saints     That configuration lasted only the one year.

Archived