Jump to content
Tacosman

well surprise surprise...we still suck

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Didya see the MNF preview? They honored Connor with a "Come on man!!" award for that hairdo. And I have to agree, to my mind, that's as bad as seeing a woman with her hair dyed turquoise. 

I dunno, turquoise could be hot.

c59cb21e1e5c8c709e7c185f1fa410db.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 6:17 PM, Browns149 said:

We still have the WORST COACH IN NFL HISTORY

I have said this since his first preseason game. I never thought a HC could be worse than Donuts Crennell, but we have him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I dunno, turquoise could be hot.

 

Gip, she needs the hair to match.  :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gip, she needs the hair to match.  :D  

Who’s looking at the hair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

That Sheet undrafted free agent we have starting isn't going to help.

FWIW Diehard, we wouldn't have drafted a QB first overall if Taylor was the plan.  I don't think they want to put the same pressure on a rookie QB here that they put on Kizer (after the vet - Brock O was a disaster).  This looks like it could play out like a Danielson 5-6 starts before we put Kosar in to hand off to Mack and Byner for over 1000 yards apiece rushing the football  in 85.  Infante arrived in 86 and opened up the offense. 

As frustrating as it was to watch Taylor at times, Roethlisberger threw a grounder to a wide open AB breaking open over the middle.  On top of his 3 INTs, he fumbled the ball to us twice.  It just wasn't a good day to throw the ball for either team.  We'll be indoors this week so no excuses for the QB...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To address the OP...

One game does not a season (or career) make.

End of story.

Mike

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 2:44 PM, The Gipper said:

I dunno, turquoise could be hot.

c59cb21e1e5c8c709e7c185f1fa410db.jpg

Jesus lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue is that we proved we're still the Browns.  We proved that we couldn't win the game.  That we'd find yet another way NOT to win.  

We're still the Browns, and I don't really understand how we're going to change that for the better.  We simply REFUSE to win.  I knew that FG had no chance.  You knew it had no chance.  I told my wife it had no chance and she said, "You're just being negative.  I have a good feeling about this, WATCH!"

NOPE.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

The biggest issue is that we proved we're still the Browns.  We proved that we couldn't win the game.  That we'd find yet another way NOT to win.  

We're still the Browns, and I don't really understand how we're going to change that for the better.  We simply REFUSE to win.  I knew that FG had no chance.  You knew it had no chance.  I told my wife it had no chance and she said, "You're just being negative.  I have a good feeling about this, WATCH!"

NOPE.

Yeah I had people on Facebook jump all over me because I spoke the truth and told them "Moral Victories do nothing for me".. We still have the worst coach in NFL history.. Then they have the nerve to tell me to stop watching the Browns.. I told them to fuk off and have a nice day.. I don't sugar coat... I just tell it like it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The biggest issue is that we proved we're still the Browns.  We proved that we couldn't win the game.  That we'd find yet another way NOT to win. 

I've been writing that we have to learn to win. But learning to tie is a step in the right direction...

... or as Mr. Petty once (almost) put it...

Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown

So I've started out, for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get there


I'm learning to tie, around the clouds
But what goes up must come down


I'm learning to tie, but I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been writing that we have to learn to win.

But learning to tie is a step in the right direction...

Which to me is the reason to view the tie as a positive, even if its a disappointing (to some ) result.   This team was down 21-7 with 8 minutes left in the game.  When was the last time a Browns team came from 2 TD's down (at any point in the game) to force overtime??   I certainly can't remember it off the top of my head.   At 21-7 and just giving the ball up on downs, my thought was this game will end 31- 14.  So for them to come back and tie the game and force overtime was a positive thing and a step in the right direction.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree completely , Mark.

There were as many positives as there were negatives to take away from Week 1... which may be the definition of a "tie."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree completely , Mark.

There were as many positives as there were negatives to take away from Week 1... which may be the definition of a "tie."

Yep. Dwelling on negatives never yiellds a positive result, so I chose to dwell on the positives.

Mark is right...coming back late in the game is HUGE.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

past browns teams would fold after the stools went up 21-7....accepted defeat.  but not so with this team in week 1 against what many consider a superior football team.  if they have to learn to win, that game was a huge step in teh right direction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, choco said:

past browns teams would fold after the stools went up 21-7....accepted defeat.  but not so with this team in week 1 against what many consider a superior football team.  if they have to learn to win, that game was a huge step in teh right direction.

 

Considering Taylor had a bad game (only the second time in his career he's been under 50% completions)- I'll take it. Walking out to the stadium there's wasn't the Eeyore, well we lost again vibe. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

 

Mark is right.

 

Can i get you to record this so I can play it whenever I try to convince my wife that i'm right?   :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Can i get you to record this so I can play it whenever I try to convince my wife that i'm right?   :)

Good luck with THAT!!!  🙄

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol... non transferable.

 

As for Browns teams quitting... I've never seen it. And not all that along ago (although it seems it) we had two comeback wins including the biggest one in franchise history IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... non transferable.

 

As for Browns teams quitting... I've never seen it. And not all that along ago (although it seems it) we had two comeback wins including the biggest one in franchise history IIRC.

How long ago and what games were they?   I could look it up but I'm lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree completely , Mark.

There were as many positives as there were negatives to take away from Week 1... which may be the definition of a "tie."

But kissing your own sister has been compared to a tie, too... 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark O said:

How long ago and what games were they?   I could look it up but I'm lazy.

I know there was the Tennessee game where the Browns were waaaaaaaay behind and came back to win... I think Hoyer was QB and Travis Benjamin had a big day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know there was the Tennessee game where the Browns were waaaaaaaay behind and came back to win... I think Hoyer was QB and Travis Benjamin had a big day? 

Yes...Titans game.  I remember that one.   How many years ago was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been writing that we have to learn to win. But learning to tie is a step in the right direction...

... or as Mr. Petty once (almost) put it...

Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown

So I've started out, for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get there


I'm learning to tie, around the clouds
But what goes up must come down


I'm learning to tie, but I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing

Had it been a prime time game you could have quoted Rush, “Tie By Night.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a fan of Rush, I might have... ;)

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But kissing your own sister has been compared to a tie, too... 😁

Except in Pittsburgh...

21 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes...Titans game.  I remember that one.   How many years ago was that?

Also vs. ATL in same general time frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×