THE BROWNS BOARD

well surprise surprise...we still suck

Tacosman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2018 at 6:17 PM, Browns149 said:

We still have the WORST COACH IN NFL HISTORY

I have said this since his first preseason game. I never thought a HC could be worse than Donuts Crennell, but we have him.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

That Sheet undrafted free agent we have starting isn't going to help.

FWIW Diehard, we wouldn't have drafted a QB first overall if Taylor was the plan.  I don't think they want to put the same pressure on a rookie QB here that they put on Kizer (after the vet - Brock O was a disaster).  This looks like it could play out like a Danielson 5-6 starts before we put Kosar in to hand off to Mack and Byner for over 1000 yards apiece rushing the football  in 85.  Infante arrived in 86 and opened up the offense. 

As frustrating as it was to watch Taylor at times, Roethlisberger threw a grounder to a wide open AB breaking open over the middle.  On top of his 3 INTs, he fumbled the ball to us twice.  It just wasn't a good day to throw the ball for either team.  We'll be indoors this week so no excuses for the QB...

The biggest issue is that we proved we're still the Browns.  We proved that we couldn't win the game.  That we'd find yet another way NOT to win.  

We're still the Browns, and I don't really understand how we're going to change that for the better.  We simply REFUSE to win.  I knew that FG had no chance.  You knew it had no chance.  I told my wife it had no chance and she said, "You're just being negative.  I have a good feeling about this, WATCH!"

NOPE.

42 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

The biggest issue is that we proved we're still the Browns.  We proved that we couldn't win the game.  That we'd find yet another way NOT to win.  

We're still the Browns, and I don't really understand how we're going to change that for the better.  We simply REFUSE to win.  I knew that FG had no chance.  You knew it had no chance.  I told my wife it had no chance and she said, "You're just being negative.  I have a good feeling about this, WATCH!"

NOPE.

Yeah I had people on Facebook jump all over me because I spoke the truth and told them "Moral Victories do nothing for me".. We still have the worst coach in NFL history.. Then they have the nerve to tell me to stop watching the Browns.. I told them to fuk off and have a nice day.. I don't sugar coat... I just tell it like it is...

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've been writing that we have to learn to win. But learning to tie is a step in the right direction...

... or as Mr. Petty once (almost) put it...

Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown

So I've started out, for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get there

I'm learning to tie, around the clouds
But what goes up must come down

I'm learning to tie, but I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been writing that we have to learn to win.

But learning to tie is a step in the right direction...

Which to me is the reason to view the tie as a positive, even if its a disappointing (to some ) result.   This team was down 21-7 with 8 minutes left in the game.  When was the last time a Browns team came from 2 TD's down (at any point in the game) to force overtime??   I certainly can't remember it off the top of my head.   At 21-7 and just giving the ball up on downs, my thought was this game will end 31- 14.  So for them to come back and tie the game and force overtime was a positive thing and a step in the right direction.  

Agree completely , Mark.

There were as many positives as there were negatives to take away from Week 1... which may be the definition of a "tie."

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree completely , Mark.

There were as many positives as there were negatives to take away from Week 1... which may be the definition of a "tie."

Yep. Dwelling on negatives never yiellds a positive result, so I chose to dwell on the positives.

Mark is right...coming back late in the game is HUGE.

Mike

past browns teams would fold after the stools went up 21-7....accepted defeat.  but not so with this team in week 1 against what many consider a superior football team.  if they have to learn to win, that game was a huge step in teh right direction.

2 minutes ago, choco said:

past browns teams would fold after the stools went up 21-7....accepted defeat.  but not so with this team in week 1 against what many consider a superior football team.  if they have to learn to win, that game was a huge step in teh right direction.

Considering Taylor had a bad game (only the second time in his career he's been under 50% completions)- I'll take it. Walking out to the stadium there's wasn't the Eeyore, well we lost again vibe. 

lol... non transferable.

As for Browns teams quitting... I've never seen it. And not all that along ago (although it seems it) we had two comeback wins including the biggest one in franchise history IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... non transferable.

As for Browns teams quitting... I've never seen it. And not all that along ago (although it seems it) we had two comeback wins including the biggest one in franchise history IIRC.

How long ago and what games were they?   I could look it up but I'm lazy.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree completely , Mark.

But kissing your own sister has been compared to a tie, too... 😁

Just now, Mark O said:

How long ago and what games were they?   I could look it up but I'm lazy.

I know there was the Tennessee game where the Browns were waaaaaaaay behind and came back to win... I think Hoyer was QB and Travis Benjamin had a big day? 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know there was the Tennessee game where the Browns were waaaaaaaay behind and came back to win... I think Hoyer was QB and Travis Benjamin had a big day? 

Yes...Titans game.  I remember that one.   How many years ago was that?

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been writing that we have to learn to win. But learning to tie is a step in the right direction...

... or as Mr. Petty once (almost) put it...

Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown

So I've started out, for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get there

I'm learning to tie, around the clouds
But what goes up must come down

I'm learning to tie, but I ain't got wings
Coming down is the hardest thing

Had it been a prime time game you could have quoted Rush, “Tie By Night.”

If I was a fan of Rush, I might have... ;)

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But kissing your own sister has been compared to a tie, too... 😁

Except in Pittsburgh...

21 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes...Titans game.  I remember that one.   How many years ago was that?

Also vs. ATL in same general time frame.

Archived