THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I'm reserving judgement on TT... tough conditions made even tougher by playing behind an OL that clearly is weeks away from gelling. Never a good sign when the dirtiest uniform on your team is being worn by your QB.

Of greater immediate concern to me is the reemergence of an inability to stuff the run. I was afraid of this. And while the slimmed down Conner we saw today is a better player than I was giving him credit for being during the past week... we made him look better than subsequent teams will.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tour2ma said:

I'm reserving judgement on TT... tough conditions made even tougher by playing behind an OL that clearly is weeks away from gelling. Never a good sign when the dirtiest uniform on your team is being worn by your QB.

Of greater immediate concern to me is the reemergence of an inability to stuff the run. I was afraid of this. And while the slimmed down Conner we saw today is a better player than I was giving him credit for being during the past week... we made him look better than subsequent teams will.

Weakside cut backs and then a couple designed pulls to the open end were the big gains. 

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Talk about a guy not built for the game today, it is Taylor. Bad conditions for him (or anyone) to have to have your first game with a new team, but man oh man, he underthrew the ball all day long downfield. I didn't mind the interception at the end of the game when he threw down the sideline to Gordon, but he underthrew it so badly he gave Gordon no chance. In OT, Njoku had the safety beat, if Taylor gets it over him Njoku is still running. He is what he is, good enough to start for some teams, not good enough for teams to stop looking eventually for a better alternative. Playing the Saints, who got torched by Matlock watchin' Ryan Fitzpatrick today, indoors should help Taylor. 

The Browns got rid of some DLinemen that probably would have helped with the run defense, but I'm guessing all-around don't fit William's style. (Meder, Shelton) 

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

we got hit up the middle and over the RT in the run game. Holes we didnt have last year. Late year AFC north games stoppibg the run is imperative. I dont know how some of u dont get that. 

Who exactly is arguing against that? 

I'd love to see the Browns go after a stud DT in the upcoming draft. Garrett causing havoc on the inside, a guy like Houston's Ed Oliver collapsing the pocket from the inside. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Who exactly is arguing against that? 

I'd love to see the Browns go after a stud DT in the upcoming draft. Garrett causing havoc on the inside, a guy like Houston's Ed Oliver collapsing the pocket from the inside. 

promise u we're gonna have another top 3 pick. If so, its gonna be a LDE we pick

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

promise u we're gonna have another top 3 pick. If so, its gonna be a LDE we pick

Or a LT... This draft had linemen on both sides galore, a mock draft in last episode's SI had 8 of the top 10 picks as LTs or DLinemen. 

I don't know that I would guarantee a top 3 pick, but top 5 or so? Yeah, I can get behind that. 

oh, it was my understanding that o line was weaker in this draft. I wont lie m6 heart says young sir nicholas bosa........but by the end if the year reality may set in that we have to draft OL. Although id prefer a proven guy coming off his 1st contract if one of those is out in FA. 

Its simply unfathomable for me to beleive that our coaches risked our tenuous QB situation with this o line fukkery. I just di not beleive hue is resonsible. He had too much invested in tyrod being able to keep baker off the field for at least most of the god damn year

I'm more angry at this tie than anything last year. Just once...just ONCE you magnificent shitbags....find a way to win an effing game. JUST ONE TIME YOU PATHETIC LOSERS. 

2 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm more angry at this tie than anything last year. Just once...just ONCE you magnificent shitbags....find a way to win an effing game. JUST ONE TIME YOU PATHETIC LOSERS. 

im not enturely disagreeing. I would have preferred the kick go wide than get blocked. Its infuriating. But honestly if the steelers hadnt gone into cleveland cruise mode, the game wouldnt have been close

19 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

im not enturely disagreeing. I would have preferred the kick go wide than get blocked. Its infuriating. But honestly if the steelers hadnt gone into cleveland cruise mode, the game wouldnt have been close

It wasn't blocked as much as Gonzalez shanked it. There's no Steeler any higher than the Browns OLinemen on the left side. The kick had no Shmucking chance. 

34 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

O line should have been priority this off season 

They did draft Austn Corbett.. What did you expect?

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It wasn't blocked as much as Gonzalez shanked it. There's no Steeler any higher than the Browns OLinemen on the left side. The kick had no Shmucking chance. 

does Zane say shanked or reporter? 

"not pulled kick", they blocked it..tape may show different? 

The touchdown to Antonio Brown where Ward was right there and put his hands up and between the ball and brown well Hue Jackson in his postgame press conference was faulting Denzel Ward for that blaming it on him. So one week you got Greg Williams calling him stupid the next you got your head coach criticizing blanket coverage in a game in which you had two interceptions

Unbelievabe

I think our LT is going to be fine. He wasn't ready for primetime. I think Bitonio had trouble going back to OG.

Those things don't surprise me in the first game.

The defense is going to rock all year. After they made adjustments, they started shutting down braggy Connor.

There shouldn't be much second-guessing over our #4 pick. Ward is going to be a top cb in the league.

My concern is special teams. A few bad over-runs on kick coverage. I don't get it. Block in the back penalites, don't get that either.

On one penalty, the squealer ran right across the front of a Browns player, and drew the penalty. That is crap.

On the muffed punt, the squealer was holding on to the Browns defender's facemask, and pushed him back towards the kick.

nothing from a ref. That is odd. Once, the db in the endzone had his arm wrapped around the front of Gordon's facemask and helmet, and used that as leverage to go up and knock the ball away. How is that not pass interference?

I think Tyrod was hesitant to ever try throwing downfield until the second half. I know Tyrod isn't accurate like Baker is, not even close.

A tie with the squealers in the first game of the season...I'll take that. Too many mistakes, gotta fix em.

They finally started calling holding vs the squealer's oline and Connor started getting few yards.

The Browns played kickass football every minute. Lots of room for improvement- and they have the talent to win.

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I'm really not trying to hate your boy lol but I was so mad when he fair caught that. Before the punt I had visions of him taking it to the house

Yeah I'm not sure what he thought he saw. Obviously something out of his peripheral from the Gunner on the left. Still though, bad decision. As soon as it happened I expected to come on to the Browns board and see all of the usual suspects blaming him for the loss. I'd have to think our ST Coach told him to play it safe with the weather, and he played it too safe. Live and learn, could have been much worse. And with the way our O was playing, that only matters if he can take it to the house. 

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah I'm not sure what he thought he saw. Obviously something out of his peripheral from the Gunner on the left. Still though, bad decision. As soon as it happened I expected to come on to the Browns board and see all of the usual suspects blaming him for the loss. I'd have to think our ST Coach told him to play it safe with the weather, and he played it too safe. Live and learn, could have been much worse. And with the way our O was playing, that only matters if he can take it to the house. 

Oh they didn’t lose dudeOh they didn’t lose

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

People hating on Tyrod for poor passing in poor weather where 1) Ben had a rough game too and 2) Tyrod did a lot for us on the ground that everyone is overlooking

I can maybe accept that on the longer passes, but he just absolutely pooftered some easy short throws. I was at the game and saw some angles that maybe weren't shown on the tv...the throws were awful dude. And it's not like they came out fluttered like he had a bad grip...they just......weren't on target. Not even close. And it started from the beginning when the balls were not soaked yet. He had a horrid game but made up for it with some gritty plays, I give him that. We'll see next week. If I see him fukking up the dink and dunk game....I mean cmon man, that's what he's in there for. Manage the game, throw over the top every now and then...make the short fukking throws or this offense is utterly stalled. 

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Manage the game, throw over the top every now and then...make the short fukking throws or this offense is utterly stalled.

...and it pretty much WAS stalled...all game.

Archived