THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All today proved to Me is Hue is still clueless.. And Tuh'rod is not Starter material.. He has 0 drive on his passes... He's a career backup at best.. We better up the ante on getting Baker ready .. Because Tuh'rod certainly is not the answer at QB.. He flat out stunk.

8 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

anyone notice how bad the left side got caved on that block? that was bitonio i beleive

Yup... looked like somehow he ended up trying to block two rushers tho.

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I'm really not trying to hate your boy lol but I was so mad when he fair caught that. Before the punt I had visions of him taking it to the house

You would have thought he'd be familiar with being a country mile away from any other players, but he still got spooked. 

1 hour ago, Marc1971 said:

Our offense was subpar at best.

Not optimistic when it comes to many victories this year.

If you consider who we went up against, I'll take the tie.  The majority of teams will not have that pass rush, but our D will be the same.  At this point, it is starting to look like we could win 7 or 8 games.  But I'll wait.  

47 minutes ago, nickers said:

All today proved to Me is Hue is still clueless.. And Tuh'rod is not Starter material.. He has 0 drive on his passes... He's a career backup at best.. We better up the ante on getting Baker ready .. Because Tuh'rod certainly is not the answer at QB.. He flat out stunk.

Did you see how Ben played? The weather was horrendous. I'm not sure I'd lay any of that game on tyrod just like I'm not laying it on ben. It was a sh*t show of a game.

I only watched second half, but I'm excited about this defense: we have playmakers and everybody contributes. I'm glad about seeing Peppers get more involved (except that fair catch).

Offense is in the process but I wouldn't say there's a surprise on that. I think that the rain didn't do us any favor and we had some bad drops. Let's hope that after trying to reinvent the wheel during the preseason the Oline starts to gel and both the run and pass play benefit from that. We have playmakers and I think it only can get better from this spot.

I'd hope for better from Pep, but your looking up at a wet ball 50 yards in the air with cross winds flutters..don't know if i'd worry about taking a peek either..he looked comfortable just catching them in this mess 

49 minutes ago, nickers said:

I say Baker starts in about week five or sixI say Baker starts in about week five or six

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I only watched second half, but I'm excited about this defense: we have playmakers and everybody contributes. I'm glad about seeing Peppers get more involved (except that fair catch).

Offense is in the process but I wouldn't say there's a surprise on that. I think that the rain didn't do us any favor and we had some bad drops. Let's hope that after trying to reinvent the wheel during the preseason the Oline starts to gel and both the run and pass play benefit for that. We have playmakers and I think it only can get better from this spot.

Sanity is not allowed after a tie.🤩

Just now, Vagitron said:

Did you see how Ben played? The weather was horrendous. I'm not sure I'd lay any of that game on tyrod just like I'm not laying it on ben. It was a sh*t show of a game.

I wasn't talking to you , Homo... At least Ben has drive on his passes and gave your team a chance to win.. Which no one , Won today... Tuh'rod is just gawd awful.. He couldnt even read the coverages today and he was late on a lot of his throws...

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

I wasn't talking to you , Homo... At least Ben has drive on his passes and gave your team a chance to win.. Which no one , Won today... Tuh'rod is just gawd awful.. He couldnt even read the coverages today and he was late on a lot of his throws...

Lol, I thought we were past the name calling?

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Tuh'rod is just gawd awful.. He couldnt even read the coverages today and he was late on a lot of his throws...

Unfortunately I was thinking during most of the game that the rookie Baker could have read the defenses far better than TT was doing. It showed in preseason. But that said I don't want him out there until this team can decently pass block, which they can't.

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Lol, I thought we were past the name calling?

Would you rather I put Sapien , Sapien behind that?... I'll agree.. Both teams played like hell today..

Upon further reflection...

• This was a lucky tie. Boswell makes that 40-yarder 85% of the time.
  • One of the oldest football cliches held true today. Namely that early in the season Defenses are way ahead of Offenses. This used to be heard mostly in the preseason, and sometimes still is, but today under the current CBA it's truer of the first games of the regular season than it ever has been. As I said in The Tavern it's why BB considers the Pats' first two games to be mere extensions of the preseason.

So take heart fellow BrownsBoarders. Our O will improve week to week. Just don't expect our D to continue to grab turnovers like they were Pez as the season rolls on.as opponents O's will improve as well.

Except BUF's of course... they are majorly eff'd up. ;)

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Seriously!!!  As fast as the Steeler's D was getting to him.  I can promise you that Baker would've been under much more pressure and I guarantee more turnovers.  Let him sit back and learn.  I tried telling you guys this last season with Kizer.  Sure Kizer is not as good as Baker or Tyrod, but you can't throw him into the fire just like that (Hue's fault).  Back to Tyrod, his game will get better with time.  Baker will not see the field this season.  That's a promise.  

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Upon further reflection...

• This was a lucky tie. Boswell makes that 40-yarder 85% of the time.
  • One of the oldest football cliches held true today. Namely that early in the season Defenses are way ahead of Offenses. This used to be heard mostly in the preseason, and sometimes still is, but today under the current CBA it's truer of the first games of the regular season than it ever has been. As I said in The Tavern it's why BB considers the Pats' first two games to be mere extensions of the preseason.

So take heart fellow BrownsBoarders. Our O will improve week to week. Just don't expect our D to continue to grab turnovers like they were Pez as the season rolls on.as opponents O's will improve as well.

Except BUF's of course... they are majorly eff'd up. ;)

The Bills are the new Browns. Total tank job they are doing. 

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

Ben had far more time to throw the football that Tyrod, you can't even begin to argue that point.  Tyrod's decision making skill had to be fast.  In the 2nd half, he did some good things, like getting us into FG range.  But the weather just didn't permit either FG kicker to make the attempt.  Under different circumstances, you could argue that the Steeler's would've won the game.  But you could also argue that our D could have played better.  Let's put this game behind us and move on to the Saints. 

10 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Seriously!!!  As fast as the Steeler's D was getting to him.  I can promise you that Baker would've been under much more pressure and I guarantee more turnovers.  Let him sit back and learn.  I tried telling you guys this last season with Kizer.  Sure Kizer is not as good as Baker or Tyrod, but you can't throw him into the fire just like that (Hue's fault).  Back to Tyrod, his game will get better with time.  Baker will not see the field this season.  That's a promise.  

Baker is already head and shoulders better than Tuh'Rod.. you guys are treating him with kid gloves...Tuh'rod will NOT get better... His passes are just way too fukking soft... He blows!!!

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Tyrod showed nothing today.  Ghoolie was right, he is a black Tarkenton.😁

I never wanted that POS to start with.. He's gawd awful... I could do better than him after 3 shots of Slivo in me...

Archived