THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ties usually leave me feeling empty,

I don't feel empty.

1st lesson is in the books... hope we learn from it.

Myles.... great game, son... and you undid much of it with a simple push in the back of an opponent who was not in the play.

20 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

Hue being hueless again.

Why not run another play and spike it with 3 seconds left?

Because you're at 42 yards which most NFL kicker should be able to hit that running another play in that weather risks a turnover. If you hadn't noticed it was 3rd down so if we run a play and get tackled in bounds we probably can't even get our field goal unit on to the field especially if it's short cuz we can't spike it(4th down). Lastly like the poster above mentioned bad snap you can pick it up and throw it away and still have another chance at a field goal

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't feel empty.

Myles.... great game, son... and you undid much of it with a simple push in the back of an opponent who was not in the play.

The dude was in the play was actually the guy that he ended up hopping over as he went out of bounds. It was a dumb penalty but it didn't take us out of field-goal range. It doesn't matter if  it was a 32-yard or 42-yarder it got blocked

4 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

Our offense was subpar at best.

Not optimistic when it comes to many victories this year.

They're still very young and new together they will improve as the year goes on......just not enough today.

So how long does Taylor start? At least a few more.

8 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Because you're at 42 yards which most NFL kicker should be able to hit that running another play in that weather risks a turnover. If you hadn't noticed it was 3rd down so if we run a playing Attack on the mound we probably can't even get our field goal unit on to the field especially if it's short cuz we can't spike it. Lastly like the poster above mentioned bad snap you can pick it up and throw it away and still have another chance at a field goal

i'm not saying they should have ran another play - should have waited until less than 5 seconds before spiking - no chance for the steelers to get the ball back

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't feel empty.

that should have been a no call

4 minutes ago, dusty said:

i'm not saying they should have ran another play - should have waited until less than 5 seconds before spiking - no chance for the steelers to get the ball back

I didn't quote you when saying that I quoted a different guy asking why we didn't run another play. And I get your line of thinking let it run down to about 5 seconds or so so the Steelers don't have a chance in the event that we missed a field goal but I also see the other line of thinking leaving enough time in case there is a bad snap that you can throw it away and still attempt again because it was only third down

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

They're still very young and new together they will improve as the year goes on......just not enough today.

So how long does Taylor start? At least a few more.

man he needs to get rid of the damn ball ill give him 2 more weeks

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Myles, Avery, Ward, Landry, Hyde, Gordon...    all bright spots.  

Especially Ward.... Even on Browns' TD Ward ran easily with Brown and was in position. Great D... great throw... and an even better catch. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat...

10 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

The dude was in the play was actually the guy that he ended up hopping over as he went out of bounds. It was a dumb penalty but it didn't take us out of field-goal range. It doesn't matter if  it was a 32-yard or 42-yarder it got blocked

Disagree... 42 yd into the wind will be kicked lower. That said the penetration allowed was too much.

Archived