***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bell who?

Conner ballin out!

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The PF on him is NOT his fault.  It's horseshit rule changes that are simply unavoidable at full speed.      The off sides is one thing but he has made up for it with a sack and another pressure. 

The PF is a a stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.  The penalty counts.

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

The PF is a a stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.  The penalty counts.

That's cool and I get that, but the "body weight" thing will be VERY subjective moving forward and mark my words will cause controversy to the point where it will be revised in the off-season.     Full speed with a QB scrambling will be damn near impossible to avoid.  As a coach I'll tell him to keep his wits about him but I'd be the furthest thing from mad.  

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That's cool and I get that, but the "body weight" thing will be VERY subjective moving forward and mark my words will cause controversy to the point where it will be revised in the off-season.     Full speed with a QB scrambling will be damn near impossible to avoid.  As a coach I'll tell him to keep his wits about him but I'd be the furthest thing from mad.  

And so hard to officiate.  I think we all know what they are trying to do but I think next to impossible to call in real-time.

8 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Holy crap.... joe Haden rides Gordon’s face mask all the way into the end zone and zero call. Wtf...   

That’s the healthy Joe Haden I remember

I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

Just now, BaconHound said:

I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

Gordon has never been a 50/50 jump ball receiver.  Ever.

He's a vertical threat by beating someone past them.  Larry Fitz he is not.  

25 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Ah so your cool with a defender jumping on top of a WR in an obvious penalty in the end zone with a no call. 

Got it! 

Archived