BrownsDawgPound

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

Hi, Browns fans!   NFL  Game Day Is Finally Here!   Our Cleveland Browns  will certainly try to avoid another 0-16  regular season as they host the same opponent they played to begin on Week One,  and ended on Week 16. the 2017 AFC North Divisional Champions and hated rivals Pittsburgh Steelers.   

Browns officially begin their 70th regular season as a member of the NFL, while Hue Jackson begins his third regular season as the Browns Head Coach.

Many of the changes in player and personnel occurred during the 2018 off-season and NFL Draft, lead by GM John Dorsey, and the Browns Pro College and player personnel staff.  

Browns signed free agent Anthony Zettel after he was cut by the Lions, and may play agains t the Steelers this afternoon.

Steelers swept also our Browns twice in 2017 by spoiling their season opener with scores of 20-18 at FirstEnergy Stadium, and in the regular season finale, losing 24-28 at Heinz Field back on December 31.  Browns had an opportunity to avoid a winless regular season, but  Browns wide receiver Corey Coleman dropped an 11-yard pass from QB DeShone Kizer on 4th and 2, and 1:46 left in the fourth quarter.

Pittsburgh leads Cleveland in the all-time series in today's 132nd meeting and game with a 73-58 record, including two postseason wins in January 1995 and 2003. Browns will try to end the Steelers 6-game winning streak between the teams today.

Greg Gumbel and Trent Green, as in the 2017 Browns Vs. Steelers home game, are announcing Sunday afternoon's game for The NFL On CBS,. They will also be joined by former Cardinals and NFL coach Bruce Arians, and  sideline reporter and interviewer Melanie Collins,

A mix of cloudy skies, rain and wind at  61 degrees, feels like 58 degrees, is the game forecast inside the new and improved FirstEnergy Stadium, along with 90% precipitation, 81% humidity, and eastern winds at 20 miles per hour.

NO injuries, win your first regular season game since defeating the San Diego Chargers  20-17 in Cleveland back in December 24, 2016, and GO BROWNS!!!!   BELIEVELAND!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018090901/2018/REG1/Steelers@Browns#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report/

https://506sports.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns-Steelers_rivalry

Fuck ... who are you?

You are supposed to wait until 12:01, it's not game day yet.

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Shmuck ... who are you?

Zombo

It already was in London, England. :)

OK 00:31 here,  GO BROWNS! 

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Shmuck ... who are you?

Zombo

LOL. By the way he writes and what he writes, he looks like a failed journalist for me.

Just like in any lecture there's someone who makes a long question which almost is a dissertation simply because he/she is a failed speaker, I don't know if I explain myself...

In other news, I am ready to beging the season in full gear! One of my friends got married this summer and I organized his bachelor party. He enjoyed it that much that he said that I would be rewarded. Two months later, in the wedding I was surprised with this gift, as he knows I'm a Browns fan.

Today my incipient NFL fans and I will watch the first Sunday gameday (no Tavern for me today) and I will finally be dressed up properly!! ;)

Go Browns!!!!!

1588406702_CamisetaBrowns1.thumb.jpg.b3f91bfa73bb530ed2180951d723d5f8.jpg

Camiseta Browns 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

"In gameday"???

Is that a typo?

Spain...I went there 35 years ago in high school.  Amazing country!!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

"In gameday"???

Is that a typo?

Spain...I went there 35 years ago in high school.  Amazing country!!

It's supposed to be "on gameday"?

As a Spaniard I have to tell (probably some or all of you have noticed) that we find difficult to know which preposition we have to use in English, as most of them translate to the same one in Spanish: "en".

22 minutes ago, Nero said:

As a Spaniard I have to tell (probably some or all of you have noticed) that we find difficult to know which preposition we have to use in English, as most of them translate to the same one in Spanish: "en".

Some of us don't even know what the hell a preposition is. I have an English teacher wife to translate that into Texanese for me though.👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Some of us don't even know what the hell a preposition is. I have an English teacher wife to translate that into Texanese for me though.👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

You should visit birmingham, ENGLAND....we definately can't speak english 😁

Anyway, I will have my new browns t-shirt on too, cheering them on.

Go browns!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Claret&Brown said:

You should visit birmingham, ENGLAND....we definately can't speak english 😁

Anyway, I will have my new browns t-shirt on too, cheering them on.

Go browns!!

Did y'all name that place after the one in Alabama?😁

• Haha 5

I've got my T-shirt for the opener... but in yellow.

I_HATE_THE_STEELERS_TSHIRT-1499-800.png

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Did y'all name that place after the one in Alabama?😁

We were here first and don't you forget it!

That goes for all y'all 😁

Morning, kids.   God bless anybody who went to the Muni, Burke, etc etc to tailgate.   Too cold and rainy for me at this point.  I'm not 18 anymore.   

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Chalk it up to "lost in translation" and forget it when it comes to idioms!

Oh wife and I went to Mexico City and Acapulco on our honeymoon and I was "conversational" end Español......but that was 37 years ago.:huh:

.......see what my spell check did, en Español, I love this tablet hate the checker, it goes wild sometimes. 

Edited by mjp28

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I've got my T-shirt for the opener... but in yellow.

I_HATE_THE_STEELERS_TSHIRT-1499-800.png

I'll be wearing my 'This Team Makes Me Drink' Browns shirt. 

I was more excited for this game than any opener I can remember. I thought we had a REAL chance to begin the season with a win in front of the home crowd. Now, I'm already furious and the game hasn't even started yet. Why? The weather. Both teams will be playing in absolute awful conditions, and not only does this make for a miserable viewing experience, it completely removes the home crowd noise advantage. There will be fewer fans in attendance (to some degree), fans won't be making quite as much noise because they'll be soaked, and while it's still considerably better than playing on the road, it kind of robs us from the raucous atmosphere we need as an advantage. 

I can make an argument for the weather giving either team the upper hand, but the fact is they are the Steelers, we are the Browns. The weather will hurt us, badly, and I fully expect to see fumbled snaps, dropped passes, turnovers, and basically no passing game worth mentioning. I think the Steelers will also turn it over once or twice, but for some reason theirs won't hurt them, whereas ours will be somehow devastating. Why the negativity from someone so optimistic? Well, I wouldn't call it negativity per say, I would call it "making a prediction based on historical precedent." 

I want more than anything to be wrong, but I don't think I am. We are the Browns, and that means two things:  Losing on opening day, and losing to the Steelers. Prove me wrong guys, I'd love nothing more. 

• Haha 1

I LOVE IT!! The guy who starts the game day thread is from the UK. He has upped the ante this season.. 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Standard time means we are going to have to wake up(or not go to sleep) pretty early..

I went to England this time last year. And when I got off the underground in Piccadilly station, expecting crumpets and tea and I was welcomed by people wearing NFL jersies and NFL banners everywhere.. It was the NFL Sunday in England day... Guy in a Steelers jersie walks past me and i yell Shmuck THE STEELERS.. GO BROWNS!!   He looks at me like I kicked his dog.. I then had to explain to him.. I asked him his favorite football team(Soccer) and asked him who their arch rivals were.. Then he got it...

LET"S WIN THIS ONE FOR OUR OVERSEAS FRIENDS!!  And our new friends from Texas who stuck around even after Johnie Football went away... They deserve this as much as us old shits who've been waiting since the 90's for a winning team..

GO BROWNS!!

Boswell can't kick a FG to save them late.Browns up by 4 & AB this time can't save them either..!7-13 Browns!! W00F!!

4 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I was more excited for this game than any opener I can remember. I thought we had a REAL chance to begin the season with a win in front of the home crowd. Now, I'm already furious and the game hasn't even started yet. Why? The weather. Both teams will be playing in absolute awful conditions, and not only does this make for a miserable viewing experience, it completely removes the home crowd noise advantage. There will be fewer fans in attendance (to some degree), fans won't be making quite as much noise because they'll be soaked, and while it's still considerably better than playing on the road, it kind of robs us from the raucous atmosphere we need as an advantage. 

I can make an argument for the weather giving either team the upper hand, but the fact is they are the Steelers, we are the Browns. The weather will hurt us, badly, and I fully expect to see fumbled snaps, dropped passes, turnovers, and basically no passing game worth mentioning. I think the Steelers will also turn it over once or twice, but for some reason theirs won't hurt them, whereas ours will be somehow devastating. Why the negativity from someone so optimistic? Well, I wouldn't call it negativity per say, I would call it "making a prediction based on historical precedent." 

I want more than anything to be wrong, but I don't think I am. We are the Browns, and that means two things:  Losing on opening day, and losing to the Steelers. Prove me wrong guys, I'd love nothing more. 

I feel the same way. I am REALLY pissed at this weather. I have waited since draft day for this day to arrive. Like you I haven't been this excited about an opening day in ages... And what do we get, a freaking post tropical storm dumping on the stadium as we speak. I live in Toledo just down the road from Cleveland.. And it has been raining since 2pm yesterday. Radar show that it has been raining there since around 4pm yesterday without a break.. And it will only increase as kick off time gets here. Possibility the rain will stop by the half time.. 

This will really put the multi-million dollar drainage system to the test.....

BobPound!

• Like 1

Well dang it! I was hoping the rain wasn't as bad as predicted, but now we have boots on the ground telling it like it is. And I don't care HOW good that drainage system is, we're in for a soggy, splashy, miserable day of football (unless we win, of course. Lol). Be prepared for a BUNCH of punts and Carlos Hyde runs up the middle. This could be the game where one errant pass that squirts through the hands of a receiver and into the hands of a DB...could be the difference. 

Also, our special teams absolutely TERRIFY me. Our kick coverage, punt coverage, FG's, and whatever else...scare me. Remember the blocked punt last year in the opener? That memory is refusing to go away. 

It'll be interesting how this weather affects the field conditions today and for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if the Browns have to completely re-sod the entire field. 

Even with Landry in the slot now, and Hyde and Chubb in the backfield ... I have a sneaking suspicion that DUKE JOHNSON will star today ... I am getting a Greg Pruitt/Eric Metcalf vibe from him settled in with a new contract and a defined role ... Watch out for Duke.

Zombo

Just now, Zombo said:

Even with Landry in the slot now, and Hyde and Chubb in the backfield ... I have a sneaking suspicion that DUKE JOHNSON will star today ... I am getting a Greg Pruitt/Eric Metcalf vibe from settled in with a new contract and a defined role ... Watch out for Duke.

Zombo

I have Landry, Duke and Njoku on my FL here and no room for Duke! My flex position is full similar to the Browns in their short receiver corp. Good problem to have....I guess. I can't wait to see how the deeper routes work vs the pit LBs and DBs. 

1 hour ago, BobPOUND! said:

I went to England this time last year.

Kinda early weren't you? Game wasn't until late October. ;)

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Kinda early weren't you? Game wasn't until late October. ;)

Fall time I meant.. Still a surreal experience.. 

I am a weather junkie and I am making my final weather prediction.. Here in Toledo over the past hour the rain has nearly stopped even though radar is showing it supposedly solidly raining here.. The same Sheet hitting us will be in cleveland in the next 2 hours..

PREDICTION.. Light to nearly no rain at game time and off and on very light drizzle for the duration of the game.... The heaviest storms are slipping south more towards the south and east of the stadium.... TWO HOURS and 15 minutes till kick off..    

I can't wait.  Working around the house trying to kill time and not think about it to much.

BobPound!

• Like 1

QUICK SURVEY..

How many are watching at home versus at a bar or at a kick off party?  I haven't decided yet... Stay at home where I can swear and scream with no worry about looking like a crazy person.. Or enjoy our first win with other Browns fans...

#Firstworldproblems :):)

BobPound!

• Like 1

For decades it was bars, parties, clubs with big deals, spreads, big screens, block pools almost but not quite super bowl stuff, especially when the steel mills were open.

Now at home, maybe a few friends stop over.