THE BROWNS BOARD

Desmond Harrison is Left Tackle

Zombo

On 10/10/2018 at 11:15 AM, tiamat63 said:

Desmond dealing with the bull rush does involve being stronger. But that isn't just it.  Center of gravity, footwork, initial punch and anchoring better go a long away as well.   These things will come in time provided Des puts in the work.   The potential is there and this line could really be something by this time next year.    Honestly I would be more concerned upgrading RT in time. 

You totally nailed it. I'm way more worried about RT than LT now, and Hubbard needs to get it together. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, Tour2ma said:

Huge difference in the move to Baker is that now when he takes a sack, we trust that it is of the coverage variety. Before we did not know what to think...

And it seems that we are seeing fewer and fewer free runners at our QB since the change. Improved OL play or better ID by a better QB??? Probably a little bit of both...

Agree... he has a chance.

Stronger? Yes, but not bulkier. Harrison's best attribute are his quick feet and I don't want him to lose those.

Totally. That guy moves like a gazelle for being his size. It's a good point about the coverage sacks. They've happened a few times and I can remember the commentators saying there was nobody open. Sometimes you just have to protect the ball and take the sack 

For the most part, Baker has done an exceptional job of identifying correct protections and such, but he did get fooled on a very important 3rd down when we were driving in the 2nd quarter I think. We were just about in FG range (for most kickers, lol) and Baker got sacked by Weddle who had come up to the line. Normally Weddle bluffs the blitz, but this time he came and was untouched as he sacked us out of FG range. And Baker was extremely lucky he didn't fumble the ball because he never saw the hit coming. It would've likely been a defensive TD because Ravens had someone else there to scoop it up and score. 

Obviously Baker has been right more than wrong. I can guarantee you he's ticked about that play because in a game like that one, every point matters. Man, can't wait for next game!

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The bottom line is..... again, I have taught you jackoffs.

I always told you the QB makes the OL, OL are a dime a dozen. And with the emergence of Baker, the EXACT SAME OL that you said was horrible, is now one of the best. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE QB. Offensive linemen are the least talented athletes in ALL of pro sports. They are the easiest to find and replace.

The Browns suffered nothing when Bloejob Thomas got injured, and they are even better without him. Joe Thomas is a blowhard. He is in the past. He brought no improvement when he played, and caused no hardship when he got hurt.

Fukck Joe Thomas.

Of course you wont reply to me. Ghoolie has been schooled way too often, he ignores when he is called out for his dumb statements just to say something else wrong.

He may have not brought any wins, or as you say no improvement. But you absolutely bring nothing to anything. At least know SOMETHING before you try to act like a know it all. 

Dumb troll. 

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'd be interested to see how much yardage we are averaging running right behind Zeitler and Hubbard ... I think it is pretty damn good.

Zombo

And I'd like to see us run Hyde behind them in short and goal situations. Just f'n run it down their throats dammit!

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I'd like to see us run Hyde behind them in short and goal situations. Just f'n run it down their throats dammit!

You don't like Haley's double reverses in short and goal situations? 😉

On 10/11/2018 at 6:17 PM, Ghoolie said:

Joe Thomas is at best, a flim flam man. He was at best, an average lard azss OL.

He never improved one, single offensive analytical, and had more QB hurt under his guard than any other NFL team. Joe Thomas was a concussion machine. When he went down last year, there was no change in the OL. Thomas is pedestrian. He does not belong in the HOF, and his 1- 31 record will keep him out of the HOF for a long time. He will most certainly NOT make it on the first ballot. Cry, whine, and biitch all you want. The guy fooled a lot of people with his gregariousness, but he was not a great LT. He was absolutely useless on running plays. In fact, during his time at Shitsigan, the college had record sacks and a horrible YPC running game.

CHECKMATE...... No HOF for this lardaxss.

It takes a flimflam Man to know a flimflam ManIt takes a flimflam Man to know a flimflam

Archived