Desmond Harrison is Left Tackle

Zombo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, darren15 said:

Solid again today .......

I'd say "serviceable"...

And since Suggs gave Joe T. the most problems of any opponent I can remember, I'd say, "Well done, Mr. Harrison."

yeah our o line has magically gotten better since #6 came in on a thursday in sep. I get some blitz reads were on tyrod...but how do u get beat so badly 1v1, why does the qb behind u matter when its just u and the other guy. Our line was losing alot if straight up 1v1 against 3 and 4 man pressurs

On 10/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, Comeonman said:

Suggs beat him a couple times. Nothing too terrible that I remember 

Yeah, Suggs beat him a few times, but we're talking about a first ballot Hall of Famer, so I'm not about to lambaste the kid for that. Desmond definitely fell victim to Suggs' nasty bull rush, but hey...he's a rookie and I really think this kid has a chance to be very good for us for a long time. Honestly, one full year in an NFL weight training program, and that bull rush might not be as effective. I'm thrilled to have this kid on our team, and I love his nasty streak. Also, watch the Higgins touchdown reception. I believe this is the play where Harrison literally throws his defender on his azz. There's also a play against the Raiders where Desmond threw his guy 20 feet into the blue yonder that was simply awesome. 

One thing I want to say is....I sure miss Joe Thomas. Just about every time I hear him talk about this team, I can hear the sadness in his voice. The longingness of wanting to play for a team that has a chance each week. If he could snap his fingers and gain the 50 pounds back, I promise he'd suit up. 

He’s doing ok but you don’t stop looking because he’s there. Protecting Baker needs to be priority #1 because with that little extra time he’s going to find someone down the field 

Upgrade ASAP

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

He’s doing ok but you don’t stop looking because he’s there. Protecting Baker needs to be priority #1 because with that little extra time he’s going to find someone down the field 

Upgrade ASAP

I think if we could upgrade we would have done so by now. I don’t think we can land someone who is any better. 

14 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I think if we could upgrade we would have done so by now. I don’t think we can land someone who is any better. 

Well....if there is to be an upgrade....it would likely be in the draft. 

But we are not allowed to talk about the draft.....and I think that they may look at DH  as a young talented guy who will only get better with some tutelage.....ergo....the "upgrade"  will simply be by him gaining experience and knowledge of the position.  That does not mean, however, if the BPA in the draft is an OT that you don't take him.

Huge difference in the move to Baker is that now when he takes a sack, we trust that it is of the coverage variety. Before we did not know what to think...

And it seems that we are seeing fewer and fewer free runners at our QB since the change. Improved OL play or better ID by a better QB??? Probably a little bit of both...

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, Suggs beat him a few times, but we're talking about a first ballot Hall of Famer, so I'm not about to lambaste the kid for that. Desmond definitely fell victim to Suggs' nasty bull rush, but hey...he's a rookie and I really think this kid has a chance to be very good for us for a long time. Honestly, one full year in an NFL weight training program, and that bull rush might not be as effective. I'm thrilled to have this kid on our team, and I love his nasty streak. Also, watch the Higgins touchdown reception. I believe this is the play where Harrison literally throws his defender on his azz. There's also a play against the Raiders where Desmond threw his guy 20 feet into the blue yonder that was simply awesome.

Agree... he has a chance.

Stronger? Yes, but not bulkier. Harrison's best attribute are his quick feet and I don't want him to lose those.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Huge difference in the move to Baker is that now when he takes a sack, we trust that it is of the coverage variety. Before we did not know what to think...

And it seems that we are seeing fewer and fewer free runners at our QB since the change. Improved OL play or better ID by a better QB??? Probably a little bit of both...

Agree... he has a chance.

Stronger? Yes, but not bulkier. Harrison's best attribute are his quick feet and I don't want him to lose those.

I remember Joe Thomas saying he (Joe) was probably one of the "weakest" OTs in the NFL but, quoting Joe,..."It's all about the footwork".

Mike

4 hours ago, Comeonman said:

I mean long term not right now but saying that we are about to be coming up against some teams with good pass rushes. 

I fear both tackles will struggle but we’ll see 

Walk-on's love pulling for the under dawgs! I remember reading up on this Des guy back around Senior Bowl. https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/1/31/16954008/desmond-harrison-2018-nfl-draft-prospect-profile   Savage invited Harrison to the senior bowl knowing Des was coming off a knee injury. After Des had the flu the week before the senior bowl Des still went. Des was not able to play due to knee but also hurt his draft status by only weighing in at 279lbs. after flu. Browns met with Des at Senior Bowl. Des got to Combine weighing 292lbs.(+13lbs.) Des tweaked his knee again only running the 40..But Des ran it in 4.90.11th fastest since 2006 for a tackle..Des left the combine with a prospect grade of 5.72 which grades as a 'chance' to become NFL Starter. 4th -5th round projection..Dorsey drafted this kid in the 8th round..Des allowed 1 sack & 1 holding call against T.Suggs.. Excited to see if Des can lock this position..   

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well serviceable is a step in the right direction in the post Joe era.

WSS

He handled Suggs well with Baker moving to help on that key throw to Willies in OT. That makes him a keeper.  
👍

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He handled Suggs well with Baker moving to help on that key throw to Willies in OT. That makes him a keeper.  
👍

Joe Thomas was just talking about Desmond again, and said the only area he really struggles with is bull rushing, which is fair. He explained that he struggles a bit with "dropping his anchor", but he'll likely get better at this with experience and strength. I couldn't be happier with finding this kid, and I think my only real concern is the off the field type stuff that followed Desmond in his youth. Hopefully he's past all that because he's got the right stuff. He moves so cleanly and fluidly. When he gets beefed up a bit...watch out. He gonna be a rich man. 

Desmond dealing with the bull rush does involve being stronger. But that isn't just it.  Center of gravity, footwork, initial punch and anchoring better go a long away as well.   These things will come in time provided Des puts in the work.   The potential is there and this line could really be something by this time next year.    Honestly I would be more concerned upgrading RT in time. 

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Honestly I would be more concerned upgrading RT in time.  

Ditto... it's why I listed "OT" and not "LT" in Gipper's weekly survey.

Every bit as good as Joe Thomas on pass blocking. Far better on running plays, and actually doing something meaningful downfield

Funny isn't it? The Browns are the only team in the history of the NFL who can lose a HOF player, and not show any visible degradation. In fact, the offense is much better without him. Joe Thomas was an average player, at best. He doesn't belong in the HOF. .

56 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Every bit as good as Joe Thomas on pass blocking. Far better on running plays, and actually doing something meaningful downfield

Funny isn't it? The Browns are the only team in the history of the NFL who can lose a HOF player, and not show any visible degradation. In fact, the offense is much better without him. Joe Thomas was an average player, at best. He doesn't belong in the HOF. .

Ancient Terrell Suggs bullrushed him all day long last Sunday. He may be very good one day but he's nowhere near Joe Thomas' level now.

4 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Ancient Terrell Suggs bullrushed him all day long last Sunday. He may be very good one day but he's nowhere near Joe Thomas' level now.

Disagree completely. Already better running game, more efficient on 3d downs, less sacks. JT was way over rated

Good job Browns never listened to me ....I used a 5th round pick for him in our draft, Browns got him as an UFA ...... I did draft Calloway in the 6th tho :)

1 hour ago, EastSideDawg said:

please leave your lost and joe T will be a first ballot HOF'er then you will eat Pooo

And forgetting the new team, QB, RBs, new passing targets, play calling, etc. etc. And as someone pointed out 3 of their biggest runs were by Chubb when Tyrod was the QB.

AND virtually, no every sports person I've heard says JT should be a first ballot pick. AND gool the fool said JT was the worst 1st round pick ever in the history of the NFL. :lol:

Oh brother, consider the source. ;)

Joe Thomas is at best, a flim flam man. He was at best, an average lard azss OL.

He never improved one, single offensive analytical, and had more QB hurt under his guard than any other NFL team. Joe Thomas was a concussion machine. When he went down last year, there was no change in the OL. Thomas is pedestrian. He does not belong in the HOF, and his 1- 31 record will keep him out of the HOF for a long time. He will most certainly NOT make it on the first ballot. Cry, whine, and biitch all you want. The guy fooled a lot of people with his gregariousness, but he was not a great LT. He was absolutely useless on running plays. In fact, during his time at Shitsigan, the college had record sacks and a horrible YPC running game.

CHECKMATE...... No HOF for this lardaxss.

17 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Joe Thomas is at best, a flim flam man. He was at best, an average lard azss OL.

He never improved one, single offensive analytical, and had more QB hurt under his guard than any other NFL team. Joe Thomas was a concussion machine. When he went down last year, there was no change in the OL. Thomas is pedestrian. He does not belong in the HOF, and his 1- 31 record will keep him out of the HOF for a long time. He will most certainly NOT make it on the first ballot. Cry, whine, and biitch all you want. The guy fooled a lot of people with his gregariousness, but he was not a great LT. He was absolutely useless on running plays. In fact, during his time at Shitsigan, the college had record sacks and a horrible YPC running game.

CHECKMATE...... No HOF for this lardaxss.

He was an "average lard azss OL". YOU are just a below average lard azss lol

And you showed EXACTLY how much knowledge you have, "during his time at Shitsigan" well seeing as though he went to Wisconsin.

Dumb troll at it again. 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

And you showed EXACTLY how much knowledge you have, "during his time at Shitsigan" well seeing as though he went to Wisconsin.

Dumb troll at it again. 

lol... that was too easy.

Archived