THE BROWNS BOARD

Desmond Harrison is Left Tackle

Zombo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Let's hope this is like  Cody Risien taking over for Doug Dieken who took over for finger Shafrath who took over for Lou Groza.   Harrison takes over for JT and stays there at a Pro Bowl level for the next 10-12 years.

And any team could have had him for a 7th round choice ...

How bout we start being the team that makes those little moves that become big surprises.

Zombo

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

LMAO .......................... A WALK ON........LMMFAO.

I HAVE TOLD YOU ALL ALONG OFFENSIVE LINEMEN ARE A DIME-A-DOZEN. THE EASIEST GUYS IN THE WORLD TO FIND AND REPLACE. THE LEAST TALENTED ATHLETES IN ALL OF PRO SPORTS. MAYBE THE BROWNS ARE FINALLY GETTING SMART, FOR SURE THEY AGREE WITH
GHOOLIE ON THIS.

THE "GREAT" (PHONY) JOE THOMAS JUST GOT REPLACED BY A WALK ON.....................

I PROMISE YOU, THE GUY WILL BE EVERY BIT AS GOOD. PROBABLY BETTER SINCE THOMAS WAS SCHIDT AT THE RUN.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

LMAO .......................... A WALK ON........LMMFAO.

I PROMISE YOU, THE GUY WILL BE EVERY BIT AS GOOD. PROBABLY BETTER SINCE THOMAS WAS SCHIDT AT THE RUN.

One of the few times I hope you finally got it right.🤣

How can someone claim to know so much about football make such an ignorant statement that Joe Thomas is anything but exceptional.   And if this kid comes in and is as good as Joe Thomas, it's because the consensus of nearly all NFL scouts is that this kid was a top 5 pick in the draft had he not had the off field issues he had...

I like this move as it puts Bitonio back at his natural position and will allow Harrison to gel with the O-line from game 1.. I think with the torrential rain predicted for Sunday, his immense size and speed will help with the run game and he won't have to protect TT nearly as much as he would on a perfect day...  It's all coming together...  Great move Coaches!!

Bob Pound!

7 minutes ago, syd said:

I would imagine that we will see a lot of fells on the left hand side of the line come sunday

He might be OK between Fells and Bito. Let's hope no penalties. We have our best interior together, that is for sure.

Expect a lot of quick hitters to Landry and company in the first half while kid gets his feet wet.

Zombo

48 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

How can someone claim to know so much about football make such an ignorant statement that Joe Thomas is anything but exceptional.   And if this kid comes in and is as good as Joe Thomas, it's because the consensus of nearly all NFL scouts is that this kid was a top 5 pick in the draft had he not had the off field issues he had...

I like this move as it puts Bitonio back at his natural position and will allow Harrison to gel with the O-line from game 1.. I think with the torrential rain predicted for Sunday, his immense size and speed will help with the run game and he won't have to protect TT nearly as much as he would on a perfect day...  It's all coming together...  Great move Coaches!!

Bob Pound!

Come on Bob.  Claiming to know something is certainly not the same as actually knowing something.  ( I mean, we can look to another venue to see that certainly is not the case). It is usually those who claim to know so much about some things that actually know very little. 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Well that's a vote of confidence 😩

This is actually the prudent move, albiet the timing rather sucks cause he missed so much time.

Dupree sucks, watt has hammy issues iirc and has been limited, so their edge rush is kinda pathetic ATM. Heyward and tuitt, tho, can get after it, so as Z said, we have our best interior against their strength...wait till y'all see how bad Pitts linebacking corps is 😂

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Well that's a vote of confidence 😩

lol... He may well develop, but:

• he faced no challenge in school;
  • plays high, and
  • tends to drag defenders to the ground.

I put his holding O/U at 2.5 and am inclined to take the Over...

2 minutes ago, choco said:

This is actually the prudent move, albiet the timing rather sucks cause he missed so much time.

Dupree sucks, watt has hammy issues iirc and has been limited, so their edge rush is kinda pathetic ATM. Heyward and tuitt, tho, can get after it, so as Z said, we have our best interior against their strength...wait till y'all see how bad Pitts linebacking corps is 😂

Big hole in the middle fer shure...

I think they'll offset and our Mr. Harrison sees a fair amount of Mr. Heyward... just a hunch.

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns are replacing a future Hall of Fame left tackle with an undrafted rookie free agent.

Well then, that certainly gives ME peace of mind.  

The rookie #1 overall pick in the draft should sit because he plays QB.  But for LT, an undrafted FA can start.  

The ONLY way to interpret that is that we are VERY strong in the QB room....and VERY weak with LT candidates.  

I'm still a bit testy that the Browns were caught virtually blindsided by a Joe Thomas retirement that anyone with a half a brain knew was going to happen at any time.

Did they think he was the Bartolo Colon of Left Tackles? 

I like what Williams says about Myles helping Desmond on seeing everything there is from a DE against him in practice that has made him not only better, but prepared for everything that can be thrown at him because of all the things Myles can show even in one practice.

18 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/09/b115b6f19c9490/browns-lt-desmond-harrison-the.html

Great write up on the upside potential of Harrison... God I hope this kid pans out.

See MKC can write a column if she sticks to what other people quote;)..Desmond fell to Georgia State on his own doings. Getting recruited by the whole state of Texas is no easy task..This kat just seems crazy tough enough to pull this off? a easy underdawg watch for me..💪

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm still a bit testy that the Browns were caught virtually blindsided by a Joe Thomas retirement that anyone with a half a brain knew was going to happen at any time.

Did they think he was the Bartolo Colon of Left Tackles? 

I don’t think they really were blindsided by his retirement, but l think the timing of the announcement was a bit of strategery on the Browns’ part to give them more leverage in negotiations with free agent tackles.

10 hours ago, Orion said:

The rookie #1 overall pick in the draft should sit because he plays QB.  But for LT, an undrafted FA can start.  

The ONLY way to interpret that is that we are VERY strong in the QB room....and VERY weak with LT candidates.  

There many other ways to interpret that...the least of which is the positions they play. I'm sure you're aware that LT does not lead the offense? 

Sorry, don't see any real logic in this terrible and misinformed conclusion

11 hours ago, Orion said:

To me it means that they feel the learning curve at QB is far steeper than at LT. Add to that our need at LT to start the season is more dire than our need at QB. Note that JT says Harrison is a starting LT for the next 10 years. 

Archived