THE BROWNS BOARD

Nike Commits Brand Suicide

Canton Dawg

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u mean the company that diesnt make golf clubs anymore?

"Nike will soon stop making golf equipment, will focus on shoes and apparel. If and when Tiger Woods ever returns to the PGA Tour, he'll be doingit with another company's clubs in his bag. ... “Nike Golf will transition out ofequipment — including clubs, balls and bags,” the company said in a statement.Aug 3, 2016"

Your info is from 2016. . .

To be sure, Nike boasts No. 1 in market share for golf apparel in the U.S. and is actively seeking to make more significant inroads in golf footwear. At the Masters — the season’s first major championship – 13 of the 94 players are Nike sponsors. Chief among them are world No. 2 Rory McIlroy, who has worn the iconic “swoosh” since 2013, and No. 3 Jason Day, who signed a 10-year apparel contract with world’s biggest sporting goods manufacturer in September that ESPN reported is worth more than $100 million.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are out of the club making business tho right? so how these sponsorships work is if u sign up with calloway ir ping or whatever, ur usually obligated to wear their shymt too. They allow some leeway with balls because thats a major comfort issue. I think tiger plays bridgestone balls but i dont think he uses their clubs. In any case, once nike got out of clubs theres no reason to keep tiger onboard and the "exhorbitant" cost he commands....just so he wears their shoes and shirts

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

they are out of the club making business tho right? so how these sponsorships work is if u sign up with calloway ir ping or whatever, ur usually obligated to wear their shymt too. They allow some leeway with balls because thats a major comfort issue. I think tiger plays bridgestone balls but i dont think he uses their clubs. In any case, once nike got out of clubs theres no reason to keep tiger onboard and the "exhorbitant" cost he commands....just so he wears their shoes and shirts

Ping bought out Nike’s club, bag, and ball business.

However, they’re still numero uno in golf apparel including shoes.

I don’t follow golf, but I did see the following he had on the course last week after his win.

Archived