THE BROWNS BOARD

Nike Commits Brand Suicide

Canton Dawg

33 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

is this a nascar question?

cuz im pretty sure you might get tarred and feathered if you are caught kneeling at Bristol or Charlottesville

during the anthem..

Rhetorical.  

Point being that viewership and attendance is down in the NFL, MLB, Nascar etc etc.  Politics has little to nothing to do with it. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullship to anybody who supports kaeperdick because he's black and finds fault with ALL of America until

his racist, whineyass liberal demands are met.

This asswhole disrespected out Anthem and our Flag, and our COUNTRY. It's fake bs, this picking ONE BITCH and then dissing out entire COUNTRY because little kaeperdickwad has a little sissy bitch to show "how black he is".

His "concerns" are just excuses for being a "look at me" scumbucket.

I'm a veteran too. But I respect Kyle's Widow's opinion about it, and it has nothing to do with race.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/09/05/taya-kyle-wife-of-slain-navy-seal-has-scathing-response-to-nikes-colin-kaepernick-ad-campaign

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

why is nascar down? are people finally wising up to how stupid it is to watch cars make nothing but  left hand turns for 6 hours?

NASCAR has been on the slide since Bill France handed the reigns to his brain damaged son.

Brian France is the genius behind the COT, "The Chase", and moving races out of the SE United States to places like California.

The attendance and viewership decline has been going on for over a decade...nothing new here.

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Rhetorical.  

Point being that viewership and attendance is down in the NFL, MLB, Nascar etc etc.  Politics has little to nothing to do with it. 

yawn -

viewership / attendance is down ...got any more 20/20 hindsight wisdom?

You wont commit to forward thinking on this, ok

Ole Stosh still has something to say  and will delight in his /  its ability to bring down the hydra nfl

they nfl brand will be kneeling in prayer when this is over

As much as I hate what Nike did and would love to see them take a financial hit over Kaepernick I don't think it will happen. This was not an impulse decision made but calculated and probably well thought out. They believe it is good business and I'm sure they analyzed a lot of data before making the decision with Kaepernick. I listened to a Nike shareholder on television and he was pleased as punch with what Nike did for financial reasons even if he didn't agree with them using Kaepernick. Nike is not just selling shoes and apparel in the United States but worldwide. Sometimes the best laid plans go awry though and I'm still holding out some hope this will backfire on Nike but I think they knew there would be some backlash and were prepared for it believing they will come out ahead in the long term. Nike won't miss too much any of their shoes I won't be buying but I am not in their target demographic customer base.

53 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

yawn -

viewership / attendance is down ...got any more 20/20 hindsight wisdom?

You wont commit to forward thinking on this, ok

Ole Stosh still has something to say  and will delight in his /  its ability to bring down the hydra nfl

they nfl brand will be kneeling in prayer when this is over

Your widsom is the NFL will suffer for this - I'm pointing out prominent sports in general are suffering with little to do of politics.  

Much like Nike, the NFL isn't going away. 

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

trump might have gotten some run out of this kneel8ng thing last year, but u watch, if he keepsvit up this year people who supported him last year are gonna start turning. At some point we just want everyone to stfu so we can watch football.

No doubt that is what the NFL wants but Nike threw a monkey wrench into the works days before the seasons started with Kaepernick.

look how nike has u all twisted. srsly. Some of you all's minds are not ur own anymore, its owned property of something else. Look at the power you've given a stupid shoe company. a company liberals infact have been castigating since the 80's for its exploitative labor practices. But before this colin kap ad, they were a great capitalist american company paying "fair local wages" and lifting people of impoverished countries out of the slums. 🙄

34 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

look how nike has u all twisted. srsly. Some of you all's minds are not ur own anymore, its owned property of something else. Look at the power you've given a stupid shoe company. a company liberals infact have been castigating since the 80's for its exploitative labor practices. But before this colin kap ad, they were a great capitalist american company paying "fair local wages" and lifting people of impoverished countries out of the slums. 🙄

I heard one of the reasons Nike went with Kaepernick was to placate liberals (and maybe get a pass from the libs for their labor practices?). It is not like the left has not shown itself hypocritical about this. For example the Pope has been accused by credible sources of covering up the sex scandals in the church and sure it has gotten some coverage but not nearly the coverage it should have and the reason is this Pope is a Marxist lefty who seemingly cares more about global warming then babies being killed through abortion.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I heard one of the reasons Nike went with Kaepernick was to placate liberals (and maybe get a pass from the libs for their labor practices?). 

no, no, no and no. They give no fuks about placating anybody if it dont make them munnehs. Its about $$$$$......why is this concept so hard to understand? 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

no, no, no and no. They give no fuks about placating anybody if it dont make them munnehs. Its about $$$$$......why is this concept so hard to understand? 

If it gets some of the libs off their back on their labor practices that comes back to $$$$

48 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I was baptised and raised a catholic thru communion.  I find the church now hard to follow.  I believe in God but the Pope and the priests I can do without.

I left the Catholic church years ago over some of their doctrine but really many of the problems in the Catholic church are found in other churches too. I think the biggest mistake the Catholic church makes is demanding the priests not to marry and not only has that kept out many potential good priests but has invited too many bad ones to become priests. The Apostle Paul clearly said not all men could live a celibate life like he did and that they should marry. The apostle Peter we know through the bible was married. I don't believe the Catholic church would have near the problems they are having if they allowed priests to marry. JMO.

19 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're probably right.  On the other hand,  many evil women out there also to take advantage of a young naive priest.

The bigger problem though is the Catholic Church has had too many priests preying on people in their own congregations and it gets covered up and the priests involved get shipped to another Parrish where they continue to be sexual predators. That has been allowed to go on within the Catholic church for way too long. These sexual predator priests should have been turned over to the authorities instead of the church trying to sweep their deeds under the rug. I feel sorry for the good priests though who shouldn't be lumped together with the bad ones.

Actually I heard some guy, a guest on Fox, who was fine with Nikes decision. For stockholders he pointed out the fact that Nike is getting more publicity from this than they've gotten from any advertising campaign in the history of the product. Said the actual number of fux that Nike gives about civil rights or whatever these players pretend to care about equals 0, but the any publicity is good publicity and this is free apart from Kaepernick's huge fee. PS for those of you who cry crocodile tears over poor mistreated Kaepernick remember there are dozens of other players across the league who kneel and are still playing. Why? Because they don't suck, or at least don't suck enough to dump.

Also I admittedly don't know how many people are whose hobby is collecting very expensive sneakers but I would guess it's more a black thing.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

sales up 31% in the last couple days. 

#brandsuicide

They are indeed laughing all the way to the bank. Every time somebody makes a parody meme with some distasteful character a swoosh and a just do it it's another free shout out. And the people who love overpriced sneakers are probably the same people who think Kaepernick is cool.

WSS

Archived