THE BROWNS BOARD

Nike Commits Brand Suicide

Canton Dawg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Use Colin Kapperdick as the face of their brand. . .

F8FDC567-EDB4-4623-93EA-959A6E505101.jpeg

hey dumbass, who buys nikes? ole stosh warkowski from cleveland or............see where this is going? let me be clear i despise nike, but get a marketing degree than tell me all about how they missed their target demo here. 

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

hey dumbass, who buys nikes? ole stosh warkowski from cleveland or............see where this is going? let me be clear i despise nike, but get a marketing degree than tell me all about how they missed their target demo here. 

Ole Stosh happens to be a corporate fat cat along with his other friends that buy season tickets..... 

see where this is going?

2 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

Ole Stosh happens to be a corporate fat cat along with his other friends that buy season tickets..... 

see where this is going?

Corporate fat cats don't buy season tickets  - their companies buy club seats and suites to entertain guests and clients which they attend once or twice a year.  They dont give a flying Shmuck about the actual game or branding.  

Moving on...

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hey dipshit, let's keep an eye on their stock price.

Seems like a huge mistake to me but no doubt Nike thought this was a good business decision. We shall see how their sales go. They may even get a short term spike but how will it affect them long term?  The whole idea that Kaepernick sacrificed so much is laughable. He started his kneeling during the anthem after he had been benched. 

Name the thing he sacrificed. He was benched before he protested. He’s become far more celebrated and famous than his performance would justify. Now he’s got a lucrative ad contract. Ali sacrificed something. Kaepernick didn’t.

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure it's a bad business decision. Lots of people are going to buy these just because they like a holes. 

I'm surprised Isaiah Crowell doesn't have his own shoe. 

WSS

Young people will continue to buy Nike. I highly doubt this effects them. They are so culty about every business move that they make that I am sure they did months of market research before following through.

Reebok will have to come out with an American flag shoe with a raised toe that makes it hard to kneel.

lets see here, nike opened at 79 something, went up to 80 sonething now dropped back to 79 something. A cumulative drop of like a percent or 2. And only because of mincy faggot day trading culture warriors. The real investors arent going anywhere unless sales decline. Anyone see the people who wirship nikes, not buying nikes cause nigga kapernick all kneelin and sht......?????  anyone?

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I just don't see the upside for Nike to wade into this controversy. If I'm selling a product I would want to avoid any controversy like a plague. I would be trying to sell my product to everyone and offend no-one. 

Exactly, you don't politicize your brand.

id like nothing more than for them to fold but see ive educated myself about their pernicious marketing and business practices for years. To u assclowns they're only an awful company now because they put up an ad with colin fukking kaepernick. But they were fine when they paid little chinese children in kernels of rice while turning around and selling shoes to americans for 100000000% profit. THEN they were a great american company exploiting dark and/or slopey peoples around the globe while making stock holders wealthy.

Bet some of u worthless cnts even owned stock and made money off them. But now we're gonna get all principled and sht over cpt kneels alot? are u clownbags serious? 

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

id like nothing more than for them to fold but see ive educated myself about their pernicious marketing and business practices for years. To u assclowns they're only an awful company now because they put up an ad with colin fukking kaepernick. But they were fine when they paid little chinese children in kernels of rice while turning around and selling shoes to americans for 100000000% profit. THEN they were a great american company exploiting dark and/or slopey peoples around the globe while stock holders wealthy.

Bet some of u worthless cnts even owned stock and made money off them. But now we're gonna get all principled and sht over cpt kneels alot? are u clownbags serious? 

Then you should be supporting Trump trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to this country. The reason we lost so many manufacturing jobs were businesses moving out of the country for cheap labor. Also Trump is not wrong about the terrible trade agreements this country has signed onto.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Then you should be supporting Trump trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to this country. The reason we lost so many manufacturing jobs were businesses moving out of the country for cheap labor. Also Trump is not wrong about the terrible trade agreements this country has signed onto.

i beleive ive been saying here for now going on 2 years that trump is right on manufacturing. A small point of contention is that he makes his sht overseas but thats ok, thats donald, he's allowed to tell amerian companies they're unamerican for manufacturing overseas while he and ivankahoore make their sht overseas

and just fir the recird, not all manufacturing moves overseas are bad. If a certain skillset is better reoresented in laborers somewhere else, well than it is what it is. Not saying this was the case with nike, im just making a fen statement. But if u do move overseas, than pay people something. There were decades when no one paid attn that nike paid chinese wirkers less than chinese min wage. Nike could EASILY afford american min wage so that was inexcusable.

How a supposed god fearing  "christian" country let companies operate like that......essentially disproved the existence of their god. I know thats a concept u wont accept obf.......but it is trooooo

10 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i beleive ive been saying here for now going on 2 years that trump is right on manufacturing. A small point of contention is that he makes his sht overseas but thats ok, thats donald, he's allowed to tell amerian companies they're unamerican for manufacturing overseas while he and ivankahoore make their sht overseas

I don't disagree Trump was being hypocritical on that.

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and just fir the recird, not all manufacturing moves overseas are bad. If a certain skillset is better reoresented in laborers somewhere else, well than it is what it is. Not saying this was the case with nike, im just making a fen statement. But if u do move overseas, than pay people something. There were decades when no one paid attn that nike paid chinese wirkers less than chinese min wage. Nike could EASILY afford american min wage so that was inexcusable.

How a supposed god fearing  "christian" country let companies operate like that......essentially disproved the existence of their god. I know thats a concept u wont accept obf.......but it is trooooo

Didn't the new trade agreement that Trump just made with Mexico force Mexico to pay workers alot more? 

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Didn't the new trade agreement that Trump just made with Mexico force Mexico to pay workers alot more? 

i havent looked at that so no idea. If that was dibe it was to dissuade american companies from moving jobs there. If the pay disparity is closer than american companies will find less incentive to move. He doesnt give a sht tho what mexicans make

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

i havent looked at that so no idea. If that was dibe it was to dissuade american companies from moving jobs there. If the pay disparity is closer than american companies will find less incentive to move. He doesnt give a sht tho what mexicans make

I think it mandated Mexican workers make at least $15 an hour.

Archived