THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK

Dick Mellon

Neither PIT nor CLE is a finished product heading into week one. Big Ben has completed 11 passes in the preseason and looked rusty and off target.  Neither Antonio Brown nor Le'Veon have played at all in the preseason.  The PIT backups, who were substantially responsible for scoring 30 points per game (PPG) in the preseason, would do better than the rusty starters.   It was the backups who beat CLE in their last meeting, so PIT should play the backups again (wink).

CLE was #1 in the NFL on defense, allowing 11.4 PPG in the preseason. The defense looked scary good at times.

PIT was #1 in offense, #1 in points by passing and #1 in 2 point conversions, but their defense allowed nearly 24 PPG.

CLE was average on offense, scoring 19.2 PPG but had a point differential of nearly 2-1.

PIT's final 53 include a CB who made 1 INT last season, and a receiver who caught 2 passes last year.  Yes, that's Joe Hayden and Hayward-Bey.   The real tell-tale sign of weakness at CB is the retention of Coty Sensebaugh as a backup for the injury-prone Hayden. Hayden keeps things quiet on his side, but he gets hurt and Coty Sensebaugh gets targeted when he comes in for Hayden.  When Hayden limps off the field it's a game changing event.

The LB position is weak at PIT. They don't have a lot of talent there.  The D line is adequate.

Jessie James is the only TE on the roster who is not out due to injury at this time.

Todd Haley at OC for PIT had PIT score more points than they ever had in their 84 seasons.  Todd Haley has a track record of success when he has had the talent to work with.  CLE has the talent on offense but it will take a while for that new group to become productive.  CLE will win games this season but I'm not expecting a fast start. 

As for PIT at CLE, it's a tossup.  Neither team is ready for prime-time.  It will be like the 5th preseason game for both teams.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon,Avery,Devalve & Randall all back at practice today!! with Stripes..Chubb now wearing #24 jersey and all newbies are on the field.EJ Gaines is out, working on sidelines with Burgess.Hue & Bitonio presser later

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Gordon,Avery,Devalve & Randall all back at practice today!! with Stripes..Chubb now wearing #24 jersey and all newbies are on the field..

I honestly can't remember a RB wearing #24 for the Browns, ever. Pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Hell yeah!!!  Never too early to start the talk.

No Lev Bell...AB still a question mark.

VICTORY is at hand!!!

I got into a "discussion" with one of those steelerz dudes awhile back, pit holding on to the AFCN depended on the health and play of three things big ben, a. brown, bell all being there and good shape. If they all are OK they probably repeat, if not.......

I actually passed on a. brown in my first FL draft for another points machine, he might be good but is entering his 9th season and did miss some time last season.......hmmmmm.

GO BROWNS!

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I honestly can't remember a RB wearing #24 for the Browns, ever. Pretty cool. 

Has to be one... but actually the first Browns' #24 I think of is HB, Warren Lahr.

image.png.32b7c9d8d81ebfae51e0262e9cef1e40.png

Of course he was a Defensive HalfBack... ;)

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ben won 2 SB and is 22-2 versus the Browns. Only a jackoff believes that he even cares about preseason, let alone needs it to be "sharp".

Every year Browns the Hoortas get all excited by fabricating a bunch of meaningless, non-football factors that have absolutely nothing to do with football. Every year, it is the same thing, " The Steelers are done" The founder of "THE HOORTAS", Hoorta, makes a predictable, annual pilgrimage to TBB to tell EVERYONE how every other team is in trouble....how their player and coach losses will be detrimental, how their contract problems will bring them back to earth.....BLAH BLAH HOORTA BLAH................................... EVERYONE IS GETTING WORSE AND ONLY THE BROWNS..................VIA GENIUS THAT ONLY THE HOORTAS UNDERSTAND............ARE GETTING BETTER.

This isn't Bullschidt....................it is Hoorta Schidt 

Here is all you need to know. The Steelers turn recruits into football players. They have always had a revolving door of people coming in and out. The Steelers have perennially been game ready based on tougher players, discipline, consistency of football philosophy, and a more cohesive family structure. Oddsmakers give the home team 3 points. They also make divisional rivalries closer than other games. So, the Steelers are 5.5 point favorites even with the Browns having all the home field advantages.

I will be the first to admit that on paper the Browns have much more scoring potential than ever before in the V 2.0 era. Since the defense seems to be stingy, a couple big plays could get the Browns close to a win, or actually winning. I hope that is the case. However, history and logic weigh in heavy.

• Ben is a Browns crusher 22-2
  • The Steelers own the Browns at home, and have the ability to take over the stadium, especially if Ben takes the fans out of it early
  • The Steelers historically have never been slowed by players showing up at the last minute. 
  • The Steelers scrubs STILL beat the Browns best
  • Hue Jackson's teams tend to be penalty and mistake-prone. Watching Hard Knocks, I don't see that this has changed or even been addressed
  • Hue Jackson's offense has yet to break out of the dink-and-dump reputation. Defenses salivate and benefit from this

Ghoolie's Prediction   Steelers 20 - Browns 17

Also, look for Hoorta to get kicked out of his house for bringing up Ghoolie at the dinner table and bedroom.

Who wants to hear from a Frak khunt. No one here 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ben won 2 SB and is 22-2 versus the Browns. Only a jackoff believes that he even cares about preseason, let alone needs it to be "sharp".

Every year Browns the Hoortas get all excited by fabricating a bunch of meaningless, non-football factors that have absolutely nothing to do with football. Every year, it is the same thing, " The Steelers are done" The founder of "THE HOORTAS", Hoorta, makes a predictable, annual pilgrimage to TBB to tell EVERYONE how every other team is in trouble....how their player and coach losses will be detrimental, how their contract problems will bring them back to earth.....BLAH BLAH HOORTA BLAH................................... EVERYONE IS GETTING WORSE AND ONLY THE BROWNS..................VIA GENIUS THAT ONLY THE HOORTAS UNDERSTAND............ARE GETTING BETTER.

Here is all you need to know. The Steelers turn recruits into football players. They have always had a revolving door of people coming in and out. The Steelers have perennially been game ready based on tougher players, discipline, consistency of football philosophy, and a more cohesive family structure. Oddsmakers give the home team 3 points. They also make divisional rivalries closer than other games. So, the Steelers are 5.5 point favorites even with the Browns having all the home field advantages.

I will be the first to admit that on paper the Browns have much more scoring potential than ever before in the V 2.0 era. Since the defense seems to be stingy, a couple big plays could get the Browns close to a win, or actually winning. I hope that is the case. However, history and logic weigh in heavy.

• The Steelers own the Browns at home, and have the ability to take over the stadium, especially if Ben takes the fans out of it early
  • The Steelers historically have never been slowed by players showing up at the last minute. 
  • Hue Jackson's teams tend to be penalty and mistake-prone. Watching Hard Knocks, I don't see that this has changed or even been addressed
  • Hue Jackson's offense has yet to break out of the dink-and-dump reputation. Defenses salivate and benefit from this

Also, look for Hoorta to get kicked out of his house for bringing up Ghoolie at the dinner table and bedroom.

Every year Ghoolie predicts water runs downhill. Not too hard when the Browns have stunk for so long. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He doesn't get paid to be one of us... 

I get that. But the draft and this week is all we get most years to go out of our minds with positivity and what could be, and no need to prematurely ejaculate on parades. Your ground work has been laid dude. Your “l told ya so’s” will still be waiting for you. But for now, right now, be a damn fan.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am virtually certain you posted within the last couple of months that we would beat the Steelers in the opener 

10 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I called Hue Jackson out before his first preseason game was over. You plastered me with article after article about how I was full of schidt, about how I didn't understand football. You gave me the same "expert" horseschidt then that you are now, which is I am not smart enough to see what is going on. Yes, here you are, now agreeing with me, as if you too, knew Hue sucked. You didn't Larry, you LOVED the guy. You GUARANTEED me success. You assured me that Sashi and DePo combined with Hue was FINALLY the winning combination.

How is that water running downhill? You admitted many times that when I told you in 1995 that Bill Belichik would be an SB winning HC before the Browns ever made the playoff,  I was absolutely visionary. Who else predicted that back then, Larry? Tell me? I told you after the FIRST PRESEASON GAME that Crennel and Sewage would total schidt and would never have success. I wanted them fired in the preseason. You and Flugels went on and on about how Belichik and Ozzie were going to fall apart without what you called the real genius behind the scenes. So save your water downhill bullschidt for someone else. I missed Lynch (maybe), but that's all ya got.

Look, you are a very intelligent guy, and I still consider you a pal. You are one of the most well-read Browns experts I have ever met. HOWEVER.....you have a severe shortcoming when it comes to understanding human nature and the way things in the real-world work. The Browns have indeed satisfied my cry for better skilled players, still not impressed at QB, but it's possible. The OL crap is meaningless because it only takes a week to put together an acceptable OL.

However, this franchise is still disorganized, mistake-prone and without focus. That, in my mind makes them a 4 - 12 team at best.

Dude, get over yourself. You aren't that good. You try to make yourself out to be a genius about everything, including the game of football. If you are smart about anything football related, it would be in making some predictions, which has not one iota to do with the game. All that shows is that you might be good at gambling or fantasy football. Music, sure. Water, you betcha. But you have not shown at ALL a knowledge of the game.

Now, as for your predictions, sure you have gotten some things right, but you give yourself a handicap with you constant posting and multiple predictions. You cant be a genius and better than others by giving yourself multiple chances. And there are multiple examples of this from you.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you want any kind of reaction from people on here. You want to brag when you get something right, and want to ignore or give yourself some kind of excuse when you are wrong. If you didnt want the reaction, you wouldn't post the amount you do on here, and say things to get a reaction. And you change your story so many times on here and predictions that I believe you do it because you know it will elicit a reply. 

You come off as incredibly narcissistic and refuse to admit to anything negative about Ghoolie. Not when you make a bold prediction about Hue being bad after 1 preseason game, no you then say he will be gone after 1 year. When he is not, oh I never said that. Paxton Lynch will be the best QB in this draft. After he shows to have not been, you says he deserves more time, but others who you didnt pick dont after far less time. But then in this very post, you cant even admit to Lynch, saying I was wrong about Lynch (maybe). But whatever, it is you, it is your internet genius, toughest man alive persona and schick. Go for it.

But dont come on here and give guys a hard time because they have any kind of hope or love for something. No, Ghoolie or Tom or Harry doesnt get to decide that for anybody. You try to act at some point like you have some hope, and dont get the same kind of response as your hate filled posts so you go back to the trash. And when you have no response to any kind of issue you result to that same trash to try and deflect from any real substance. So you rattle out some racist, homophobic, childish rhetoric. 

I dont care about the thing from a year ago or so about a first fight with whoever it was. Violence doesnt solve anything. What I would love to see though is some kind of bet between you and whoever it is that you get into the most with about a prediction on wins, heck even an over under. Pick the cost.

If you really wanted to be an actual fan, or show how smart you are, why not actually start a thread with some real talk. Not some kind of trivia, heck not even something about how the ins and outs about how football really works, but SOMETHING substantial. Not insult after insult, but a REAL topic.

We know you wont do it, because it doesnt go along with Ghoolie and may not further your agenda. You will just keep hijacking threads about how smart you are, and nothing substantial.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I was not getting good vibes about the Steelers winning the opener, giving the edge to the browns.

You being one of the most intelligent football minds on this forum has me on the fence again.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Bro, I AM one of you, but you know, look at it from my perspective. I go back to Jim Brown hugging me at Hiram in 1962. I walked next to Clark, Hick, Fiss, Gain, Rode Groza's shoulders at Hiram and shared hot dogs that my Dad bought for us three after a Hiram practice. I don't need to prove anything to douchebags here, Now YOU............. different story. You are capable of being a Browns fan and also a human being. So, I get it. You are pumped up, this is your team, and you would like to have an old fart cheering alongside you. Admirable of you, you are a real fan. and most likely, one hell of a guy (kid?)

You see, for me, this team, I see it as a fake Browns, an imitation, certainly V2.0. The ides of me just whoring myself and giving unadulterated support to this box of dog-schidt doesn't sit well. It just doesn't. 

Most of the dumber, mentally one-dimensional people here, like mjp28, Dumb Oven, Hoorta and Gip, think that when the Browns start winning I am going to pretend like I have supported them all along. But that isn't me, it has never been me, never in my life. Winning has absolutely nothing to do with this. I didn't abandon my team or blast them in the Nick SKorich and Phipps era because the Browns were something special and the players bought into it.

Garrett making a tape about wanting to be a Cowboy? Gordon not getting to camp? Joe Thomas laughing on the sideline while the team is getting butt pounded? A new, multi-million dollar regime not even having an OL in place 7 days before the Steelers? You go back and watch Kosar getting murdered, Brown getting gang tackled, the faces on the fans at the last home game............. when THIS team behaves like they understand and respect that? Then I will pay some respect. Will I ever love the Browns V 2.0? I seriously doubt it. If they won the SB this year, I would be glad, but it's not the same as the real Browns winning it.

WIsh I could meet you closer in the middle man. I really do.

I know. It is like rooting for a big stinky dog turd most days. But there are days, few and far between, where you look at that turd, and you’re standing just far enough away to avoid the smell, and the sun is hitting it just right and it has a shiny sheen to it, and you think “That’s one healthy turd. That dog must be eating right. Good for that dog!”

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I know. It is like rooting for a big stinky dog turd most days. But there are days, few and far between, where you look at that turd, and you’re standing just far enough away to avoid the smell, and the sun is hitting it just right and it has a shiny sheen to it, and you think “That’s one healthy turd. That dog must be eating right. Good for that dog!”

Over time turds nourish the soil. The nourished soil supports sprouting a seed that is a small tree. Over time the tree grows into a tall strong oak that defies all the calamity nature can throw at it. Our turd is turning the corner into that tree. 

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

Over time turds nourish the soil. The nourished soil supports sprouting a seed that is a small tree. Over time the tree grows into a tall strong oak that defies all the calamity nature can throw at it. Our turd is turning the corner into that tree. 

Of course it could just be a pumpkin vine again.🎃

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Bro, I AM one of you, but you know, look at it from my perspective. I go back to Jim Brown hugging me at Hiram in 1962. I walked next to Clark, Hick, Fiss, Gain, Rode Groza's shoulders at Hiram and shared hot dogs that my Dad bought for us three after a Hiram practice. I don't need to prove anything to douchebags here, Now YOU............. different story. You are capable of being a Browns fan and also a human being. So, I get it. You are pumped up, this is your team, and you would like to have an old fart cheering alongside you. Admirable of you, you are a real fan. and most likely, one hell of a guy (kid?)

You see, for me, this team, I see it as a fake Browns, an imitation, certainly V2.0. The ides of me just whoring myself and giving unadulterated support to this box of dog-schidt doesn't sit well. It just doesn't. 

Most of the dumber, mentally one-dimensional people here, like mjp28, Dumb Oven, Hoorta and Gip, think that when the Browns start winning I am going to pretend like I have supported them all along. But that isn't me, it has never been me, never in my life. Winning has absolutely nothing to do with this. I didn't abandon my team or blast them in the Nick SKorich and Phipps era because the Browns were something special and the players bought into it.

Garrett making a tape about wanting to be a Cowboy? Gordon not getting to camp? Joe Thomas laughing on the sideline while the team is getting butt pounded? A new, multi-million dollar regime not even having an OL in place 7 days before the Steelers? You go back and watch Kosar getting murdered, Brown getting gang tackled, the faces on the fans at the last home game............. when THIS team behaves like they understand and respect that? Then I will pay some respect. Will I ever love the Browns V 2.0? I seriously doubt it. If they won the SB this year, I would be glad, but it's not the same as the real Browns winning it.

WIsh I could meet you closer in the middle man. I really do.

One of the few times I've ever nearly completely agreed with you and shared your sentiments.

I was there at the old stadium shoulder to shoulder in Sheet seats, peaking around that Shmucking column. When they had to cart the sound system out with a little trolley so you could hear the announcers. I was there when we played the Patriots in 94 and won the wild card only to lose to the Shmucking steeler's yet again.. But we were contenders back then, even when our team sometimes sucked.

We were never laughing stocks.. .It is so damn hard to be a Browns fan. And spending all this money on new looks and new banners and new sayings means NOTHING if you can't beat the AFC North opponents. And I agree, it means NOTHING if you don't respect the past of this organization... My kids are now 19 and 17 and they have seen the Browns make it to the playoffs once and get beat.. 

They have lost an entire generation of fans..

13 hours ago, Tacosman said:

I think it is rather telling that we call it steeler week and the steelers definately aren't going around calling it browns week.....

Over on the steelers board they definately dont think of this as a rivalry or special game at all

Yes, it must be something official.

I titled this thread as, "PIT at CLE," and it was changed my an admin, so it must be official.  That's fine.  I'm only a guest here and I'm from Pittsburgh, which makes me a very low life form here, and ummm, yeh, we don't call it Browns Week in Pittsburgh.

I dunno what they think at the Steelers boards. This is the only sports board that I belong to.  Mike Tomlin takes the Browns very seriously and he needs to get his team to take this game seriously as well or they will lose.

As for CLE, I see that they don't even know who will play what position on the O-line as of yet. It's starting to get a bit late to try to decide that.

From the Browns website: " Jackson said he’ll wait until later in the week to announce his plans for the makeup of Cleveland’s starting offensive line."

13 hours ago, StinkHole said:

I was not getting good vibes about the Steelers winning the opener, giving the edge to the browns.

You being one of the most intelligent football minds on this forum has me on the fence again.

At least you are not  a frak whore, I don't believe.  You are, however, one terrible judge of character and intellect.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, I believe that comment belongs on the Poly board.😘

I was referring to his assessment of Glommie.   

By the way...that brings something up:  while Z is under instructions from Stan to not ban Ghoolie, I do not think that that means that Z cannot change the screen name of that troll.....like he does with many of the others on here:  Vagitron, Steelerfag backwards, boo fagley, etc.  Why can't Z give him a troll name?  We have certainly provided enough options on here for him to choose, no?

4 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

One of the few times I've ever nearly completely agreed with you and shared your sentiments.

I was there at the old stadium shoulder to shoulder in Sheet seats, peaking around that Shmucking column. When they had to cart the sound system out with a little trolley so you could hear the announcers. I was there when we played the Patriots in 94 and won the wild card only to lose to the Shmucking steeler's yet again.. But we were contenders back then, even when our team sometimes sucked.

We were never laughing stocks.. .It is so damn hard to be a Browns fan. And spending all this money on new looks and new banners and new sayings means NOTHING if you can't beat the AFC North opponents. And I agree, it means NOTHING if you don't respect the past of this organization... My kids are now 19 and 17 and they have seen the Browns make it to the playoffs once and get beat.. 

They have lost an entire generation of fans..

Bob, any time some Southerner blasts my fanship,  I show them a picture of me and Brown at Hiram in 1962 and I tell them the stories of why I am a Browns fan. I don't blast their team, nor do to try to equate the old championships with the new. Instead, I illustrate why I love the Browns. To a man, every fan gets it, and they lay off. Gipper likes to throw the work FRAK around, as if he is a model Browns fan, with honors. Frankly, to me, the despicable fan is the one who urinates on what once was and automatically equates this V 2.0 schidt as being worthy of the name Browns. These caulk suckers have done nothing to win such loyalty. Do you believe they have? Dropped passes, penalties, self-promotion during asss kickings, excuses, missed assignments, penalties, arrests, and basic lack of respect for the fraternity. These asssholes don't get to come into the frat house just because some rich bastard spent blood money to acquire the name. Fauhk that. his team should NEVER have been named the Browns............They should have been given a new name and they should have had to earn loyalty the way Paul Brown, Lavelli, Kelly, Wooten, Renfro and the rest of them did. Had this team been named something like the Cleveland Bulldogs, the stadium would have started out largely vacant, but I promise you, the drive to riches would have produced a much better team. I think the fake Browns, V 2.0 don't care about any of this. I believe they without character, and for that reason believe the Steelers will again prevail. We will see. I hope they prove me wrong.

25 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Ahhh yes........................ don't stand on your own. You cannot match me intellectually,

You are right, I cannot match you intellectually.   I have NO clue how to be so stupid.

so you take your bloody nose and liberal flabby asss tatooed with my size 14 to Zomblow............ CRY CRY CRY................. CRY EVEN MORE  "Worlds Toughest Fan".............................. CRY CRY CRY for Zomblow to help you get the best of Ghoolie.

No, nothing like that.   I just know that Z has a penchant for changing the names of Steeler fan trolls.    So, tell us this:   why should you not be considered one of those?   Make your argument for why you should be exempt?

Let me explain something to you, caulk-sucker, people like you are cancer to humanity. You cry foul at everyone else being a bully, yet it is YOU who run to big brother crying like a yeast-infected vagina for help. Boycott, protest, cry, whine, and do whatever you have to do so that no words that you ever disagree with can ever cross your miserable, small-minded, cowardly, piece-of-dung existence.

I will match my life's accomplishments against yours any day...without any real concern about coming up short.

I am the king of this board.

Within the confines of that smegma that you call brain cells, I suspect that you are the king of a lot of things besides just this board.

I am hear because Zomblow reached out to me on facebook and asked me to come back and post. I was not banned at the time, I just joined RIch4Eagle in not posting anymore. I was NEVER banned. Not by Zomblow, not by Stan. That you have to change a person's screen name is pathetic.

Why are you boring us with this recitation, which you seem to have on cut and paste every time you post? I am not advocating that you be banned, or asking you to not come here and post.  I have never said that about ANY patron, not even the true Steeler fans......and not even about the FRAK Steeler fans like you.  You can post all you want.  I only ask why if Z does it for other Steeler fan fags, why cannot he do it with you.  On the other hand, I guess, if you would admit that you are IN FACT a Browns fan....and not a Steeler FRAK, that could change things.  However, I basically doubt that you have the courage, integrity and character to do that.   To remain loyal. You prefer to play the field.  You prefer to glom on to the winning side.  You would have been calling out Sieg Heil toward the end of 1940. You have declared yourself a Quisling.  A turncoat. A Benedict Arnold.  At least have the guts to admit that is what you are.  And to be acknowledged as such with your own troll name.  Hell, if you had the kohones, you would do it yourself.

That you are such a small minded cuunt to not see how weak and feeble you are is even more pathetic.

It is the small, weak minded, insecure mind that has to declare himself king of something.  This is America.  We have had only one King....and your name ain't Elvis.

I am Ghoolie. That's how it is. You are subordinate to me. In life, and here. Now, shut your pie hole and go make a trivia post. 

I am subordinate to you in life all right.  If by that you mean that I would want no part of your miserable existence; that I would want no part of your fungible character;  that I would want no part of your craven loyalties; that I would want no part of your pusillanimity or your apostatism,  you are right.  I am far below possessing those  traits. They certainly are characteristics, the burden of which I could not bear. 

As to the trivia,  I may if fact get one done here.   But we know darn well that you will not be capable of playing or answering them, given that you have already displayed your complete lack of knowledge of the history of the game.  Face it....you just are not smart enough, or you are too lazy to learn about football for you to participate in the trivia.

Archived