THE BROWNS BOARD

Tex, what the fugg

DieHardBrownsFan

14 hours ago, wargograw said:

They get wildly overrated every single summer then blow up in glorious fashion. 

My football coach son and I every year say WTF when we see Texas get rated in the top 25 to start every ridiculous Little 10 season. I mean who the hell calls themselves the Big XII after chasing off the best schools and downsizing to 10? Only the jackasses in Asstin.

UT a very prominent college football program, Maryland has a better coach now but not exactly a top BIG TEN program, what another letdown for the state of Texas. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

UT a very prominent college football program, Maryland has a better coach now but not exactly a top BIG TEN program, what another letdown for the state of Texas. 

It’s a letdown for them. The rest of us feel just fine. 

On 9/2/2018 at 7:12 PM, wargograw said:

It’s a letdown for them. The rest of us feel just fine. 

Every Texas loss is a win for Aggie fans, regardless of the sport. Selfish bastards screwed the Big XII and chased off the best teams. OU would have gone to the PAC 12, but they were too loyal to OkSt which the PAC 12 refused to take along with OU.

I think it's hilariously ridiculous that they still call it the Big XII when in reality it is the II + little viii. New math XII - IV + II = XII. 🧐

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Every Texas loss is a win for Aggie fans, regardless of the sport. Selfish bastards screwed the Big XII and chased off the best teams. OU would have gone to the PAC 12, but they were too loyal to OkSt which the PAC 12 refused to take along with OU.

I think it's hilariously ridiculous that they still call it the Big XII when in reality it is the II + little viii. New math XII - IV + II = XII. 🧐

There is a lot of pure horseshite in this:   Texas A&M left for what it perceived would be a lot more money by playing in the SEC.  Colorado left for the same reason to go to the Pac 12.  Nebraska left for the same reason:  more perceived revenue playing in the Big Ten.  

Don't scapegoat Texas because your school and these others got greedy.

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There is a lot of pure horseshite in this:   Texas A&M left for what it perceived would be a lot more money by playing in the SEC.  Colorado left for the same reason to go to the Pac 12.  Nebraska left for the same reason:  more perceived revenue playing in the Big Ten.  

Don't scapegoat Texas because your school and these others got greedy.

Texas failed to disclose that they were not going to share revenue for the Longhorn Network and then the announced they would be showing recruits games live on it (NCAA shut that down but the final damage was done). Colorado & NU saw it coming (as did OU), but the Aggies and Mo. hung in until that last insult by DeLosser Dodds. Had the PAC XII accepted OkSt, OU was gone too.

EDIT: And just for the record A&M had already turned down the SEC, but went back to them when Texas announced they would be showing potential recruits games.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Texas failed to disclose that they were not going to share revenue for the Longhorn Network and then the announced they would be showing recruits games live on it (NCAA shut that down but the final damage was done). Colorado & NU saw it coming (as did OU), but the Aggies and Mo. hung in until that last insult by DeLosser Dodds. Had the PAC XII accepted OkSt, OU was gone too.

EDIT: And just for the record A&M had already turned down the SEC, but went back to them when Texas announced they would be showing potential recruits games.

Sounds all like cop outs.  Dog ate my homework excuses. Money, money, money is why they all left.    Big bad Texas did us dirty.  Weak.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

When I was in Bryan/College Station/Hearne and then down to Houston the areas for a visit way back with an old corporation in the 1980s I kind of noticed a lot of interstate rivalry in Texas.

And the BIG TWO, little eight was the name of the BIG TEN years back.....still somewhat is todayl

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sounds all like cop outs.  Dog ate my homework excuses. Money, money, money is why they all left.    Big bad Texas did us dirty.  Weak.

As I said the A&M announced plan was to stay Big XII even after Texas pulled their Non-revenue sharing Longhorn Network. If it was ALL about money Texas A&M would have taken the first offer, full revenue sharing and all, from the SEC commissioner. They gave Texas another chance even though it would cost financially. That is when Dodds announced the recruits on their TV network plan just months later. It was only then that A&M had had enough abuse and went begging back to the SEC to reconsider. Those are facts. Mo. came along at that time because the offer was for one to each division of the SEC. Mo. alone would not have been taken.

NU and CU, both prior Nat. Champs, did not like the arrogant ways of Dodds and did see better $$ elsewhere as a full partner, not as Texas minions.

Now you can go do your research and see if I'm right about A&M first backing away from the SEC offer for several months before that stunt forced reconsideration.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The initial greedy group was UT with the Longhorn Network. That’s pretty common knowledge. You’re not really familiar with this situation. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As I said the A&M announced plan was to stay Big XII even after Texas pulled their Non-revenue sharing Longhorn Network. If it was ALL about money Texas A&M would have taken the first offer, full revenue sharing and all, from the SEC commissioner. They gave Texas another chance even though it would cost financially. That is when Dodds announced the recruits on their TV network plan just months later. It was only then that A&M had had enough abuse and went begging back to the SEC to reconsider. Those are facts. Mo. came along at that time because the offer was for one to each division of the SEC. Mo. alone would not have been taken.

NU and CU, both prior Nat. Champs, did not like the arrogant ways of Dodds and did see better $$ elsewhere as a full partner, not as Texas minions.

Now you can go do your research and see if I'm right about A&M first backing away from the SEC offer for several months before that stunt forced reconsideration.

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

The initial greedy group was UT with the Longhorn Network. That’s pretty common knowledge. You’re not really familiar with this situation. 

Familiar enough to know that UT was smarter than TAMU apparently, in their way to make Money, money, money.   A good song by a good band applies here:

15 hours ago, wargograw said:

Way to switch criticisms when it’s convenient. 

What switch?  All y'all are trying to put the burden of all these teams moving out of the Big 12 on little ole Texas U, because, according to you, they didn't play fair and share their ball.    But the fact is they all moved for money.  And all y'all are jealous because Texas was smarter than y'all.   We here all heard similar excuses out of Art Modell.  He moved for the money, and you goat ropers moved for the money.  Plain, simple.

That’s not true to begin with but even if it was, how then is Texas not just as liable for criticism since they were just as greedy, and not only that, but they were greedy first? 

You wont find a college football analyst worth his salt that says Texas was smart through all this. But you go ahead and keep digging in. 

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

That’s not true to begin with but even if it was, how then is Texas not just as liable for criticism since they were just as greedy, and not only that, but they were greedy first? 

You wont find a college football analyst worth his salt that says Texas was smart through all this. But you go ahead and keep digging in. 

Maybe, maybe not.  But I have never heard anyone say TAMU and the others were smart, per se.  Just that they followed the cash.

But, if you are saying that Texas got to keep all that money for themselves, and all y'all are continuing to whine and cry over it, then the conclusion must be that they were smart to do so. 

Then you really haven’t looked very hard. I practically found this article with my arms tied behind my back. Try harder.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/07/the_5-year_impact_of_texas_am.html

We’re not whining and crying over it. We left. It’s over. You’re the only one still bringing it up. 

And now A&M makes more from conference revenues than Texas. So your whole “they were smart” angle kinda gets blown up too. But I’m excited for your next desperate attempt. 

22 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Then you really haven’t looked very hard. I practically found this article with my arms tied behind my back. Try harder.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/07/the_5-year_impact_of_texas_am.html

We’re not whining and crying over it. We left. It’s over. You’re the only one still bringing it up. 

And now A&M makes more from conference revenues than Texas. So your whole “they were smart” angle kinda gets blown up too. But I’m excited for your next desperate attempt. 

You WERE whining and crying about it.    Bitch, bitch, bitching about the fact that they kept all the money....and that they showed some recruits some kind of movie?  WTF?   

And honestly, I really don't care enough about either school to worry about myself.  

The only question to be asked is:   When are they going to start playing each other again......or has the SEC  aversion to playing anything but creampuffs in their non conference schedules infected you?

“Showed some recruits some kind of movie.” Wow. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Yes it’s clearly infected us since we’re playing the number 2 team in the country in a non conference game this weekend. We’d crush Texas like a bug.

Not your brightest hour here. 

20 hours ago, wargograw said:

“Showed some recruits some kind of movie.” Wow. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Yes it’s clearly infected us since we’re playing the number 2 team in the country in a non conference game this weekend. We’d crush Texas like a bug.

Not your brightest hour here. 

Keep ducking the subject. TAMU  left the Big 12  out of greed and jealousy. Plain and simple

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:46 AM, The Gipper said:

Keep ducking the subject. TAMU  left the Big 12  out of greed and jealousy. Plain and simple

I just saw this. Texas was the greedy ones in the whole deal. Until you admit that, you're not being honest. But then, that would be no surprise.

9 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I just saw this. Texas was the greedy ones in the whole deal. Until you admit that, you're not being honest. But then, that would be no surprise.

Translation:   Texas was smarter than we were and were able to devise it so that they could make more money than we were, and they wouldn't share,  and we had a temper tantrum over it so we took our ball to another playground.

It is like saying that  so and so made millions of dollars off some invention he made, and he wouldn't share his royalties with any of us. 

So, OK, if you are so into mandatory sharing.....I will PM you my address so you can send me a check.

Archived