THE BROWNS BOARD

Jackson contemplating retooling the OL

Ghoolie

3 minutes ago, Flugel said:

What do you mean that's it? 

After killing the batteries on my bullshittt detector in your first 3 sentences - I was waiting to read how you were the only guy in Memphis earning more cake than the Pressley family because of the income this board is paying you. 

Does that make me the biggest Rich Kotite fan you've ever seen for at least the next 15 years You Black Fran Tarkenton Hatin-Meathead's Doing My Daughter Under My Roof Cryin-Terry Bradshaw Groinal Warming-Paxton Lynch Is My Football Messiah Mother Phucker?

Oh yeah this gets better by the minute. https://venngage.com/blog/how-much-do-writers-make/

A guy with a 7th grade vocabulary is paid to write anything? :lol: I think he'd be at the very bottom of that "profession" and that's freelance writing and not this drivel. (Or am I way off base here and don't know I'm writing about? )

Screenshot_2018-09-02-07-52-44.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Flugel said:

Oh Dear God!   Please tell me we're not going to learn Ghoolie's First Lady is also Heading Up a Campaign against cyber bullying.

How about the proliferation of cyber bullsh1t. :lol:

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah this gets better by the minute. https://venngage.com/blog/how-much-do-writers-make/

A guy with a 7th grade vocabulary is paid to write anything? :lol: I think he'd be at the very bottom of that "profession" and that's freelance writing and not this drivel. (Or am I way off base here and don't know I'm writing about? )

Not that this thread has been cozy with the word true but here goes.  True story, Zombo once posted that Ghoolie spends all day giving his threads views from his cellphone to make it look like he gets the most views.

If you go to other Cleveland Browns boards though - the most cynical fans get the most attention.  People complain about how the media continues to look for the negatives; but that's what people prefer to read.  This is the culture in recent years that had people questioning why don't the stars ever want to play here.  Now that we've landed some - many are still choosing to feed the negative culture the Tony Grossi types are proud to have instigated...

Nothing against a passionate fan like Opal; but the first thing she did (as Canton Mike questioned) was completely excuse a FO for the selection of Coleman (because of something Hue said about his fondness for Kessler, not to be confused with Coleman).  No wonder why Mary Kay Cabot has such job security in Cleveland. She's been trained on what sells every bit as much as Ghoolie has.  When he posts this team is finally exciting him he doesn't get nearly the same reinforcement from us to rinse and repeat it that he gets from the persona.  I'm guilty of that feeding that persona too. 

So, what are we doing immediately after pre-season?   Preparing to bury another season concluding Hue has done a HORRIBLE job in his first season being a HC instead of OC/QB Coach/Part Time HC.    The Coordinators are coaching their units and he's not interfering. Is he a ham in front of the cameras?  He's no different than Jon Gruden and many others.  Look, we were 0-16 and trying to replace a 10 time Pro Bowl LT following a draft that was weak at the position so there was going to be a gigantic hole that involved some trial and error and mixing and matching.  It's not like Bitonio lacks experience at LG working in tandem with our C if he returns to the niche.  Who here has attended all the practices enough to be certain Bitonio at LG can't work well in tandem with the LT the Line Coach, OC and HC agreed gives us a best case scenario on the blind side.  And what if this year's QB doesn't have 2 blind sides?  Parts of this team look way better like any RB carrying the football in particular.  The defense. The number of play makers.  But let's make Mary Kay's future way more important than the future of our favorite team by all means. 

If you're watching Hard Knocks - is Hue neglecting to bring up the penalties costing us?  Is he neglecting to show examples of guys that aren't hustling on film? The empowered coaches need to resolve that right?  Which is it? Do you want him interfering with the coaching/empowerment of or getting in the way of it?   Folks, this should be where we want Hue - patting fannies and fist pumping while the Coordinators handle the time pressured gridiron chess match.  If he keeps hearing/reading he's not fixing stuff like penalties and other things - guess what a guy that had trouble with empowerment during 1-31 football is going to revert back to... The Control Freak feeding the media agendas and causing too much of the sicka-sucky around here.

And these accusations of him being soft with resting players.  How many teams are playing their best players very much if at all throughout the pre-season?  Like Jigs and Tour mentioned, we're starting to cut good players other teams need. That's a huge sign the back part of our roster is good enough to handle an injury volume for the first time in a long while.  Can we at least get to the regular season with this much improved roster before we throw in the towel?  Last year at this time we were heading into the season hoping to beat teams while attacking them exclusively with pawns.  This year the gridiron chess table has a lot more attack pieces to make life easier on the QB. 2 of them were voted into the NFL's top 100 players by their opponents/peers.  We also got the upgrade at OC our fan base seemed to be longing for unless Kurt Warner's praise of Haley was just a lie.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Not that this thread has been cozy with the word true but here goes.  True story, Zombo once posted that Ghoolie spends all day giving his threads views from his cellphone to make it look like he gets the most views.

If you go to other Cleveland Browns boards though - the most cynical fans get the most attention.  People complain about how the media continues to look for the negatives; but that's what people prefer to read.  This is the culture in recent years that had people questioning why don't the stars ever want to play here.  Now that we've landed some - many are still choosing to feed the negative culture the Tony Grossi types are proud to have instigated...

Nothing against a passionate fan like Opal; but the first thing she did (as Canton Mike questioned) was completely excuse a FO for the selection of Coleman (because of something Hue said about his fondness for Kessler, not to be confused with Coleman).  No wonder why Mary Kay Cabot has such job security in Cleveland. She's been trained on what sells every bit as much as Ghoolie has.  When he posts this team is finally exciting him he doesn't get nearly the same reinforcement from us to rinse and repeat it that he gets from the persona.  I'm guilty of that feeding that persona too. 

So, what are we doing immediately after pre-season?   Preparing to bury another season concluding Hue has done a HORRIBLE job in his first season being a HC instead of OC/QB Coach/Part Time HC.    The Coordinators are coaching their units and he's not interfering. Is he a ham in front of the cameras?  He's no different than Jon Gruden and many others.  Look, we were 0-16 and trying to replace a 10 time Pro Bowl LT following a draft that was weak at the position so there was going to be a gigantic hole that involved some trial and error and mixing and matching.  It's not like Bitonio lacks experience at LG working in tandem with our C if he returns to the niche.  Who here has attended all the practices enough to be certain Bitonio at LG can't work well in tandem with the LT the Line Coach, OC and HC agreed gives us a best case scenario on the blind side.  And what if this year's QB doesn't have 2 blind sides?  Parts of this team look way better like any RB carrying the football in particular.  The defense. The number of play makers.  But let's make Mary Kay's future way more important than the future of our favorite team by all means. 

If you're watching Hard Knocks - is Hue neglecting to bring up the penalties costing us?  Is he neglecting to show examples of guys that aren't hustling on film? The empowered coaches need to resolve that right?  Which is it? Do you want him interfering with the coaching/empowerment of or getting in the way of it?   Folks, this should be where we want Hue - patting fannies and fist pumping while the Coordinators handle the time pressured gridiron chess match.  If he keeps hearing/reading he's not fixing stuff like penalties and other things - guess what a guy that had trouble with empowerment during 1-31 football is going to revert back to... The Control Freak feeding the media agendas and causing too much of the sicka-sucky around here.

And these accusations of him being soft with resting players.  How many teams are playing their best players very much if at all throughout the pre-season?  Like Jigs and Tour mentioned, we're starting to cut good players other teams need. That's a huge sign the back part of our roster is good enough to handle an injury volume for the first time in a long while.  Can we at least get to the regular season with this much improved roster before we throw in the towel?  Last year at this time we were heading into the season hoping to beat teams while attacking them exclusively with pawns.  This year the gridiron chess table has a lot more attack pieces to make life easier on the QB. 2 of them were voted into the NFL's top 100 players by their opponents/peers.  We also got the upgrade at OC our fan base seemed to be longing for unless Kurt Warner's praise of Haley was just a lie.

Good read, completely agree.

Browns 37 Steelers 7. Woof

Wow, 7 days before playing the 6 (soon to be 7) time Superbowl champion Steelers and your coaches STILL can't decide who their best 5 offensive linemen are?

Factory of sadness was the best descriptive phrase for the Clowns ever created in sports.

It may be over 4 yrs before this team has enough total wins to break the double digit mark.

LMAO!

Can't wait until next Sunday.

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Oh Dear God!   Please tell me we're not going to learn Ghoolie's First Lady is also Heading Up a Campaign against cyber bullying.

no, theres a poster or two over there that at one point was starting maybe 10-15 threads a day, amd sometimes more. We always wondered what kind of board spam nonsense is this sht. I always suspected there was some monetary renumeration involved but not coming from this board. 

2 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

Wow, 7 days before playing the 6 (soon to be 7) time Superbowl champion Steelers and your coaches STILL can't decide who their best 5 offensive linemen are?

Factory of sadness was the best descriptive phrase for the Clowns ever created in sports.

It may be over 4 yrs before this team has enough total wins to break the double digit mark.

LMAO!

Can't wait until next Sunday.

Call us when you catch up to our 13 halfwayCall us when you catch up to our 13 halfway

3 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

I'm impressed somebody from Pittsburgh can count to 7.  That's breakthrough stuff!   

Now for the bad news. We already had 7 Pro Football Championships in the trophy case in our 10th season as a franchise.  We got the 8th in our 18th season.  What's taking you squids so long?    

12 hours ago, Flugel said:

I'm impressed somebody from Pittsburgh can count to 7.  That's breakthrough stuff!   

Now for the bad news. We already had 7 Pro Football Championships in the trophy case in our 10th season as a franchise.  We got the 8th in our 18th season.  What's taking you squids so long?    

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Call us when you catch up to our 13 halfwayCall us when you catch up to our 13 halfway

LMAO, glad you guys are happy about those. Glad they keep you satisfied (even though the franchise who won those actually resides in Baltimore now) while going 1-31.

In any case thanks for the 2 wins this year.

Pittsburgh appreciates your yearly contribution to our win total.

LMAO In any case thanks for the 2 wins this year.

We knew you'd just hand those 2 wins right over to Jacksonville at Heimlich Field.  If it's not NE deeming your regular season meaningless - now it's Jax. That's why you've reduced yourself to talking trash to fans of an 0-16 team.  You are 1 confident little feller... 

https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/31/hue-jackson-considering-another-shakeup-to-left-side-of-offensive-line/

Another article on the matter. Mentions my swapping Corbett for Watford idea as a sleeper possibility. 

I think the only reason this is a discussion is because Corbett just ain’t ready. He really didn’t outplay Drango in the preseason, and Drango got cut. I get not wanting to give up on your recent high 2nd round pick, but he’s a liability right now.

25 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/31/hue-jackson-considering-another-shakeup-to-left-side-of-offensive-line/

Another article on the matter. Mentions my swapping Corbett for Watford idea as a sleeper possibility. 

I think the only reason this is a discussion is because Corbett just ain’t ready. He really didn’t outplay Drango in the preseason, and Drango got cut. I get not wanting to give up on your recent high 2nd round pick, but he’s a liability right now.

The fact that we are bandying about ideas about who is going to play on the left side of the OL in six days against the 13-3 Steelers and characters include a guard we just picked up off of the waiver wire and an undrafted free agent whose three year resume includes only 9 starts at West Georgia ... is a little unsettling. 

Maybe we shoulda went a little harder after Andrew Whitworth?

Zombo

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

We knew you'd just hand those 2 wins right over to Jacksonville at Heimlich Field.  If it's not NE deeming your regular season meaningless - now it's Jax. That's why you've reduced yourself to talking trash to fans of an 0-16 team.  You are 1 confident little feller... 

I'd rather lose to someone in the playoffs, even annually, than to only sniff the playoffs ONCE in 2 decades.

I'd rather lose to someone in the playoffs than to have only sniffed them once in the last 2 decades.

Hey, just wanted to ask, who'd you lose to in that only playoff appearance again?

12 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

I'd rather lose to someone in the playoffs than to have only sniffed them once in the last 2 decades.

Who are you trying to convince me or you?  You flushed a 13-3 season down the toilet with a 1 and done playoff exit to a team that already beat your team at home in the regular season. That's why the only place you can take that epic disappointment is to the fans of a team that went 0-16.   Sorry kid, Dollar Store cologne isn't going to remove the stink of gagging on a 13-3 record which you should have already learned when NE made your team gag on 15-1. 

Geee, what a way to celebrate another day nobody wants to play with you in the trailer park.  No wonder why nobody wants to be around you there.  They're trying to set the bar on NE and Jacksonville while you're only setting it on a winless football team.    You're welcome! 

5 hours ago, Gafreleets said:

LMAO, glad you guys are happy about those. Glad they keep you satisfied (even though the franchise who won those actually resides in Baltimore now) while going 1-31.

In any case thanks for the 2 wins this year.

Pittsburgh appreciates your yearly contribution to our win total.

We are as happy about our ancient history titles as you are happy about your ancient history titles and that’s all your titles are,ancient history ,as much is the Browns titles are

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We are as happy about our ancient history titles as you are happy about your ancient history titles and that’s all your titles are,ancient history ,as much is the Browns titles are

Lol 10 yrs since our last Superbowl win...... when was your last Superbowl title?

Hell, when was your last playoff win?

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The only ones that count are the last one and in the next one       everything else is history be it10 years ago 20. 50 whatever

Lol, so ours was 10 yrs ago....in the modern NFL....

And our franchise never took itself to another town along with any titles it ever won.

The Browns organization which currently resides in Cleveland has no history beyond 1999 and has won NOTHING.

EVER.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:44 AM, Flugel said:

What do you mean that's it? 

After killing the batteries on my bullshittt detector in your first 3 sentences - I was waiting to read how you were the only guy in Memphis earning more cake than the Pressley family because of the income this board is paying you. 

Does that make me the biggest Rich Kotite fan you've ever seen for at least the next 15 years You Black Fran Tarkenton Hatin-Meathead's Doing My Daughter Under My Roof Cryin-Terry Bradshaw Groinal Warming-Paxton Lynch Is My Football Messiah Mother Phucker?

That was a bald faced lie Flugs. I know Z well enough that if it was up to him Goolie would be permanently gone, backed up by all the other Mods. Too bad Stan thinks his Alzheimer's, (can't remember what he posted) bipolar, flip flopping, flamebaiting trolling has some redeeming social value.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

That was a bald faced lie Flugs. I know Z well enough that if it was up to him Goolie would be permanently gone, backed up by all the other Mods. Too bad Stan thinks his Alzheimer's, (can't remember what he posted) bipolar, flip flopping, flamebaiting trolling has some redeeming social value.

Ya think?   😄    Can you imagine if they room his asss with George Jefferson JR in one of the inner city Memphis old folk homes?   They're gonna need Nurse Ratchid on steroids to break up the cat fight after the first Black Fran Tarkenton comment flies or not... As you saw in that 1 thread yesterday Larry, I almost had to break up a fight between Ghoolie on January 5th and Ghoolie on September 2nd.  They were ready to kill each other.  I was quietly rooting for "Just Call Me Tom."

19 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Ya think?   😄    Can you imagine if they room his asss with George Jefferson JR in one of the inner city Memphis old folk homes?   They're gonna need Nurse Ratchid on steroids to break up the cat fight after the first Black Fran Tarkenton comment flies or not... As you saw in that 1 thread yesterday Larry, I almost had to break up a fight between Ghoolie on January 5th and Ghoolie on September 2nd.  They were ready to kill each other.  I was quietly rooting for "Just Call Me Tom."

Or is his problem multiple personalities?   

Lol 10 yrs since our last Superbowl win...... when was your last Superbowl title?

We won all our Pro Football Championships when the game was actually better than the commercials.  No Professional Football franchise has ever participated in 10 consecutive Pro Football Championships and won 7 of them in their first 10 years of existence.

You won your first 4 when your team got just as much credit for starting the steroids era in Pro Football.  But congrats anyway... So now that there's NFL drug testing your last 9 trips to playoffs ended with a Heimlich.  Gee, nobody saw that coming... 

Is there any question which dynasty was more impressive? That's why you're trying too hard here kid when you should be at football practice with other kids your age.

Lol, so ours was 10 yrs ago....in the modern NFL....

The modern era of the NFL began in 1920

And our franchise never took itself to another town along with any titles it ever won.

Neither did I hours unless you’re talking about the Rams

The Browns organization which currently resides in Cleveland has no history beyond 1999 and has won NOTHING.

The Browns franchise begin in 1946 you can look that up dip Sheet the whole week

EVER.       13 championships call us when you catch up halfway

Archived