THE BROWNS BOARD

The Predictive Model for Additive Analytics (PMAA)

Ghoolie

I found an interesting mathematical modeling approach that really applies to The Browns, and gives their fans some real meat and potatoes for assessing the value of the team they love so much.

Also called the 1 + 1 = 3 Statistical Model, as I read this, something that Flugel posted in another thread serves as the perfect starting point for understanding this team and assessing just how good it is. Flugel Posted that Greg Williams stated that Myles Garrett was within 1.5 steps of getting to the QB 22 times last year. The #1 pick, according to REAL Stats has 7 sacks in 2017. HOWEVER, when we recreate the model called PMAA sacks, we ask..............how many times did Garret get within 1.5 steps of a sack or better? Then the PMAA stat tells us that Garrett made 29 sacks last year.

Accordingly, in 2017 Deshone Kizer threw for 255 completions in 476 attempts, this gave him a pedestrian completion percentage of 53.6% However, if you do the PMAA numbers, Kizer had 56 passes dropped, and another 60 were within 1.5 yards of being catchable, Kizer's PMAA accuracy is 371 of 476 for a completion ratio of almost 78%

and you can apply this to a lot of things,

What was Corey Colemans PMAA catch percentage taking that his drops were almost caught?

Thins these PMAA figures are just a joke? Not really because it is the PMAA approach that may propel lardaxx Joe Thomass into the HOF.

• How many more sacks WOULD we have allowed IF we DIDN'T Have Joe Thomas?
  • How many less TD would we have had IF we DIDN'T Have Joe Thomas?
  • How horrible would our RB YCP be IF we DIDN'T Have Joe Thomas?

The Browns were 0 - 16 in reality, but in the PMAA universe? They were within 1 foot of making that score --- they make that TD and they win --- Take away that penalty and that's a win. The Browns PMAA record last year was 11 - 5. They were damn close.

There ya go jackoffs. More horse manure to help you believe that THIS is the year.

It applies to the Browns emphatically. That's all you jackoffs talk about is.... if only..............

I don't know what you've got against Joe Thomas.  What'd he ever do to you?  All he did was come here, play like a HOF'er at his position, be a great team mate and play every single consecutive snap until he couldn't play the game any more.  And you wanna blame our plight since the team's return on him.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't know what you've got against Joe Thomas.  What'd he ever do to you?  All he did was come here, play like a HOF'er at his position, be a great team mate and play every single consecutive snap until he couldn't play the game any more.  And you wanna blame our plight since the team's return on him.

Orion.......can you name me ONE HOF candidate who has LESS demonstrable evidence than JT?

What measurable quality of our team improved with him? YPC? points? yards per catch? time of posession, scoring?

Fuuck Joe Thomas,

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In the Key of F.😂

Vestapool. dgdgbd

Have you ever tried Nashville tuning on an acoustic? Remove the G, replace it ith a 9 or 10. tune it an octave higher at g.

Now play it like a regular guitar. YOU WILL LOVE IT

19 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Vestapool. dgdgbd

Have you ever tried Nashville tuning on an acoustic? Remove the G, replace it ith a 9 or 10. tune it an octave higher at g.

Now play it like a regular guitar. YOU WILL LOVE IT

I'm entertaining my grandchildren with my low F tuned harmonica, just making it up as I go along. But they love the sounds it makes and ask me to play it "again". Of course I just make up a new "tune" and we all have a fun time of it.😁

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Orion.......can you name me ONE HOF candidate who has LESS demonstrable evidence than JT?

So then, in your mind, NO offensive linemen should ever make it to the HOF.

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

What measurable quality of our team improved with him? YPC? points? yards per catch? time of posession, scoring?

Fuuck Joe Thomas,

Because without Joe, I predict around five more Browns quarterbacks would have been seriously injured by blindside hits? 

Or that Thomas made the Pro Bowl every year because the guys and coaches he was playing against thought he was one of the best OTs?

10 hours ago, Orion said:

So then, in your mind, NO offensive linemen should ever make it to the HOF.

I said Thomas has no fuuckking place in the HOF. I never said anything about OL in the HOF.

Again, you guys love to talk numbers. Please, if you are going to have a conversation with me, stick to the topic and don't add schidt that I never said.

Video archives show Hickerson many times leading Brown on devastating power sweeps.

It shows Kramer blowing holes for Taylor and Horngung. It shows Kramer moving Jethro Pugh out of the way for Starr to sneak into the endzone in the ice bowl.

Webster and Kolb over and over blowing holes and pancaking opponents.

Same.thing with Parker, Krumrie, Munoz, and even our own Baab.

Thomas is not this caliber of OL.

Common sense tells you that if you are lucky enough to sing a HOF player, the guy will change the fortunes of your team.

Thomas changed nothing. Under his guard the Browns lead the NFL in injured QB s. I say it again, you cannot point to one singe offensive stat that improved under his watch. You cannot point to a OL reputation or characteristic that his era OL was known for.

Joe Thomas had 2 strengths.

1) A great personality that lead players to nominate him to the pro bowl

2) Longevity

Give the fuuckking guy a perfect attendance award. But the HOF? Hickerson was denied how many years? You want to put JT in on 1 ballot?

WTF is wrong with you people? Has the lack of quality players sunk your values this low as to pollute sacred things with a whore?

If you want Joe Thomas in the HOF buy him a fuucking ticket like everyone else.

I said Thomas has no fuuckking place in the HOF. I never said anything about OL in the HOF.

Again, you guys love to talk numbers. Please, if you are going to have a conversation with me, stick to the topic and don't add schidt that I never said.

Video archives show Hickerson many times leading Brown on devastating power sweeps.

It shows Kramer blowing holes for Taylor and Horngung. It shows Kramer moving Jethro Pugh out of the way for Starr to sneak into the endzone in the ice bowl.

Common sense tells you that if you are lucky enough to sing a HOF player, the guy will change the fortunes of your team.

Thomas changed nothing. Under his guard the Browns lead the NFL in injured QB s. I say it again, you cannot point to one singe offensive stat that improved under his watch. You cannot point to a OL reputation or characteristic that his era OL was known for.

2) Longevity

Give the fuuckking guy a perfect attendance award. But the HOF? Hickerson was denied how many years? You want to put JT in on 1 ballot?

WTF is wrong with you people? Has the lack of quality players sunk your values this low as to pollute sacred things with a whore?

Joe Thomas isn't on the same level as Mike Baab.

Goddamn, it's like you've literally ran out of ways to troll. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Because without Joe, I predict around five more Browns quarterbacks would have been seriously injured by blindside hits? 

Or that Thomas made the Pro Bowl every year because the guys and coaches he was playing against thought he was one of the best OTs?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Here comes BULLSCHIDT LARRY out of hibernation with the old.............................. OH YEAH... IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN WORSE WITHOUT JOE THOMAS. 

CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF STUPIDITY. EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. 1 + 1 = 3

Look Hoorta, you are like a Demoncrat. Reality has no use in your life. You have a fuucking narrative that Joe Thomas is the best Browns player of all time. And when you can't defend your fantasy childish hero worship, you pull out the ol' "IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE WITHOUT HIM" Learry, how come after Joe Thomas got hurt, the OL was no worse for the wear? I mean certainly when you lose a " HOF" player, your team should suffer, right? But his loss was transparent, insignificant... MEANINGLESS................

ONLY in your world of horseschidt fabrication fantasy is Joe Thomas worth anything more than a good wet schidt.

According your brand of Mental Masturbation......................

• The Browns went 1 - 31  but it sure would have been a hell of a lot worse if it wasn't for Hue Jackson, He's a HOF er
  • The Browns couldn't run the ball for schidt, but it would have been even worse if we didn't have Willie Green
  • The 2018 Browns couldn't move the ball into the end zone, BUT, if it wasn't for DeShone Kizer it would have been a lot worse.

Same jackoff logic Larry. You don't want to talk about football, you want to lick fuzz off of Joe THomas's nutsack. BLAH BLAH BLAH you schidt statistics and analytics.......but when it comes to Joe Thomas? You can't name one fuucking accomplishment the caulksucker achieved OTHER THAN  Perfect attendance, and a great personality.

Hey, you want to fellate him, you want to let him come ravage your wife, you want to tattoo his number on your FUPA, by all means, have at it. Just Shut Your Fahking Pie HOle with this HOF bullschidt. It degrades all the past players that actually have accomplishments worthy of acceptance.

I CAN SEE IT NOW........... WE NOMINATE JOE THOMAS INTO THE HOF BECAUSE WITHOUT HIM THE BROWNS WOULD BEEN EVER WORSE.

Idiots.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Joe Thomas isn't on the same level as Mike Baab.

Goddamn, it's like you've literally ran out of ways to troll. 

No, it's like you stopped to take a breath between JT fellatio sessions. Baab was 100 times the player JT was. Not even close.

39 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

No, it's like you stopped to take a breath between JT fellatio sessions. Baab was 100 times the player JT was. Not even close.

I would honestly feel bad for someone whose life is apparently so void of any purpose that it needs to be filled by saying idiotic things to strangers on a message board in a pathetic attempt to get attention, but I don't. 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

That was back in the days of, You played defense if you weren't good enough to play offense.  

Now-a-days the defense is as big, strong and fast as the offense.

Was JT a road grading LT?  No, he was a terrific pass blocking LT.  Which is what the nfl is, a pass league.

Leading up to his draft I saw a clip from is previous college season where there were two guys rushing on his end.  He blocked one, then let him go to block the other, giving his QB that extra half second to get the ball off.....for a completion in the end zone.   I remember thinking, That was the best play I ever saw a LT make.  -  Too bad we never got him the right guys to throw and catch the ball.

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

That was back in the days of, You played defense if you weren't good enough to play offense.  

Now-a-days the defense is as big, strong and fast as the offense.

Was JT a road grading LT?  No, he was a terrific pass blocking LT.  Which is what the nfl is, a pass league.

Leading up to his draft I saw a clip from is previous college season where there were two guys rushing on his end.  He blocked one, then let him go to block the other, giving his QB that extra half second to get the ball off.....for a completion in the end zone.   I remember thinking, That was the best play I ever saw a LT make.  -  Too bad we never got him the right guys to throw and catch the ball.

You do know that he's trolling, right? 

You are wasting your time debating someone who knows that saying Joe Thomas sucks will piss people off. That's the entire point of his stupid, lame existence on here. 

Stop feeding the troll. 

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I predict- without Stan having your back- you'd be permanently banned Ghoolie. That's a fact. 

Yes, because you jackoffs are sissies. You have a narrative and can't discuss anything that shoots your billschidt down. You have no statistical data to support your fellatio of Joe Thomas so you come up with....."We would be much worse without him". If anyone needs to be banned, it is you.

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You do know that he's trolling, right? 

You are wasting your time debating someone who knows that saying Joe Thomas sucks will piss people off. That's the entire point of his stupid, lame existence on here. 

Stop feeding the troll. 

Trolling would be if there was no factual basis behind my post. What is happening here is that I am totally destroying your narrative that Joe Thomas is a HOF caliber player.

All I am asking you to do is to be consistent with your own style and process on this board. Now, if the only reason I didn't like JT was because I didn't like him? Yeah, I can see why some would be mad. But that isn't what I am doing. I am slamming him based on FOOTBALL PERFORMANCE and STATS.

The only come back you people can deliver is...

• It would be worse without him
  • Everyone likes him
  • He was voted to the pro bowl
  • He played 10,300+ snaps without a miss

My position is that NONE OF THAT qualifies a person for the HOF.

Hall of fame players are difference makers. I have to hear over and over how important OL men are. Okay, so then demonstrate it to me. How the hell does an IMPORTANT HOF OLman not make a difference? You can't have it both ways. If this guy was so great, why didn't the Browns look any different after he got hurt? Just follow the logic, dudue.

1. OL men are crucial
  2. JT is one of the best
  3. We would realy suck without him
  4. JT got Hurt
  5. The OL played equally well without him

WTF man? None of your assinine argument holds water.

The only schidt you can come up with is, " We would really suck without him".

Barry Sanders is HOF material. When he was not in the game, the quality of the Lions play was severely diminished. Joe Thomas? You couldn't even tell. Now, if you are going to argue with me that an OL doesn't touch the ball, can't catch, run, kick or tackle...................YES YES YES................... then you ahve made my point.....Offensive linemen are a dime-a-dozen and they don't really make a difference.

But you can't tell me that OL are great athletes, that they are important, that Thomas was one of the best............and THEN tell me that the reason the browns didn't diminish when he got hurt is because an OL doesn't make that much difference.

You can't have it both ways. Either OL, as I say are the least talented players on the field, OR, JT was just not that good. I am okay either way, but you have to pick one.

Look, you guys are just like democrats hating on the President. The truth, and data do not mean anything to you, UNLESS they support your narrative that JT is a HOF caliber player.

But he had done nothing remarkable in his career. He went out 0 - 16. So................ if a HOF OL cannot make a difference on an 0 - 16 team, he either blows the penis, or he is a dime-a-dozen player.

Joe Thomas is a phony. 

Trolling would be if there was no factual basis behind my post. What is happening here is that I am totally destroying your narrative that Joe Thomas is a HOF caliber player.

All I am asking you to do is to be consistent with your own style and process on this board. Now, if the only reason I didn't like JT was because I didn't like him? Yeah, I can see why some would be mad. But that isn't what I am doing. I am slamming him based on FOOTBALL PERFORMANCE and STATS.

The only come back you people can deliver is...

• It would be worse without him
  • Everyone likes him
  • He was voted to the pro bowl
  • He played 10,300+ snaps without a miss

My position is that NONE OF THAT qualifies a person for the HOF.

Hall of fame players are difference makers. I have to hear over and over how important OL men are. Okay, so then demonstrate it to me. How the hell does an IMPORTANT HOF OLman not make a difference? You can't have it both ways. If this guy was so great, why didn't the Browns look any different after he got hurt? Just follow the logic, dudue.

1. OL men are crucial
  2. JT is one of the best
  3. We would realy suck without him
  4. JT got Hurt
  5. The OL played equally well without him

WTF man? None of your assinine argument holds water.

The only schidt you can come up with is, " We would really suck without him".

Barry Sanders is HOF material. When he was not in the game, the quality of the Lions play was severely diminished. Joe Thomas? You couldn't even tell. Now, if you are going to argue with me that an OL doesn't touch the ball, can't catch, run, kick or tackle...................YES YES YES................... then you ahve made my point.....Offensive linemen are a dime-a-dozen and they don't really make a difference.

But you can't tell me that OL are great athletes, that they are important, that Thomas was one of the best............and THEN tell me that the reason the browns didn't diminish when he got hurt is because an OL doesn't make that much difference.

You can't have it both ways. Either OL, as I say are the least talented players on the field, OR, JT was just not that good. I am okay either way, but you have to pick one.

Look, you guys are just like democrats hating on the President. The truth, and data do not mean anything to you, UNLESS they support your narrative that JT is a HOF caliber player.

But he had done nothing remarkable in his career. He went out 0 - 16. So................ if a HOF OL cannot make a difference on an 0 - 16 team, he either blows the penis, or he is a dime-a-dozen player.

Joe Thomas is a phony. 

So why is Jerry Jones in the HOF? $$$$$ Biggest phony.   

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

2) Longevity

Palpable ignorancePalpable ignorance

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

So why is Jerry Jones in the HOF? $$$$$ Biggest phony.   

SO, you AGAIN make my point. You cannot discount any of my FOOTBALL points because they are valid arguments.................NOW...your justification for putting Joe Thomas in the HOF is that if they let Jerry Jones in, then JT should be in.

Dude, you are a child. You are stomping your feet, throwing a tantrum until someone buys you that toy you are demanding. Reality doesn't matter to you Larry. Like Hillary believes she should be President right now, you just want JT in the HOF. Waaaaa  Waaaaaaa......."If he is in, why can't Joe be in? Waaaaa Waaaaa

But hey, you added ANOTHER stupid HOF introduction talking point............................

Dear friends, we are nominating Joe Thomas because not only did he have perfect attendance, but Jerry Jones is in the HOF.

Dude, you need to find a new form of self-immolation. You have truly left yourself as a mass of ashes.

Archived