THE BROWNS BOARD

*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

mjp28

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2018 at 4:18 PM, Tour2ma said:

Besides the bad drop he had issues blocking their 3rd-stringers. Fells lessons did not make it onto the field.

Goes with jiggins' thought on Orchard... we're cutting/stashing... even trading... more talented players now than we have in some time.

I would've agreed with you until our latest cuts and signings. We let Meder and Nassib go for two defensive bozos I've never heard of. One was a 2017 7th rounder from the Vikings. Uhhhhh. Why? These are the type of moves that make basically no sense. It's GM's trying to show how smart they are and I HATE THAT. The team loved Meder and Nassib. They were productive (especially Meder) and I don't see the benefit of cutting them for experimental players that won't be on a roster next season. Nassib and Meder will be immediately picked up and probably play significant time this season. Whereas the nobodies WE got instead will probably do nothing. Maybe I'm wrong, but right now it's looking super dumb. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I would've agreed with you until our latest cuts and signings. We let Meder and Nassib go for two defensive bozos I've never heard of. One was a 2017 7th rounder from the Vikings. Uhhhhh. Why? These are the type of moves that make basically no sense. It's GM's trying to show how smart they are and I HATE THAT. The team loved Meder and Nassib. They were productive (especially Meder) and I don't see the benefit of cutting them for experimental players that won't be on a roster next season. Nassib and Meder will be immediately picked up and probably play significant time this season. Whereas the nobodies WE got instead will probably do nothing. Maybe I'm wrong, but right now it's looking super dumb. 

TBD for sure...

I trust that Dorsey thinks he's improving the team with these moves and with the DL moves I think he has in some aspects, e.g., Odenigbo is a better pass rusher than Nassib. But in total? TBD.

And Meder wasn't all that... nice player to be sure, but Davis is very stout against the run.

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

TBD for sure...

I trust that Dorsey thinks he's improving the team with these moves and with the DL moves I think he has in some aspects, e.g., Odenigbo is a better pass rusher than Nassib. But in total? TBD.

And Meder wasn't all that... nice player to be sure, but Davis is very stout against the run.

And I get that, but is Davis better than Meder, especially considering Meder has been in our system and would have nothing to learn? There has to be a learning curve, even for DL, right? Obviously Dorsey knows more than I do, but sometimes I feel like GMs just make moves to make moves. And isn't there a teamwork element here? Meder and Nassib were said to be well liked and and genuinely appeared to be part of the "family", ya know? The difference in talent seems so marginal to me, and bringing in new people to supplant two mainstays just seems odd. But...as you said....to be determined. 

16 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

And I get that, but is Davis better than Meder, especially considering Meder has been in our system and would have nothing to learn? There has to be a learning curve, even for DL, right? Obviously Dorsey knows more than I do, but sometimes I feel like GMs just make moves to make moves. And isn't there a teamwork element here? Meder and Nassib were said to be well liked and and genuinely appeared to be part of the "family", ya know? The difference in talent seems so marginal to me, and bringing in new people to supplant two mainstays just seems odd. But...as you said....to be determined. 

I get where you’re coming from. My main issue with going into this season was that half the team would be new to each other and the learning curve to develop chemistry and all that. Add in to that the “1-2-3 family!” rah rah bullshìt in camp and trying to create this atmosphere where everybody has everybody else’s back, and then within a day axing a family member for the prospect of greener pastures. 

I guess if the talent difference is that significant l get it, as long as the majority of the rest of the “family” sees it and believes it. But if not all it does is make some guys wonder if they’re next and whether the elder members of the family truly believe in them.

37 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Well Nassib did give questionable investment advice... so there's that. But seriously... even after HK... I don't have the sense that either was close to being the heartbeat of the team... no where near like Landry and Baker and Kirk...

As for a DT learning curve... not all that steep for 1st and 2nd down run-gap D as I recall.

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

How dare you sir...

Very easily... ;)

Archived