*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

mjp28

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tour2ma said:

Random thoughts after tonite's game...

• Our 2's acquitted themselves well.
  • How can a team who looked so well drilled, so well prepared draw so many penalties?
  • Cajuste did not help himself.
  • After seeing both Dayes and Hilliard, I'd get Duke in the WR room STAT!
  • I like Robeck... the kid has something... and with TT providing the vet presence in the QB room and Baker taking the #2 slot in hand... Stanton is a luxury. Ship Drew... Keep Brogan.
  • Even after his JJ Watt impersonation, I think Orchard is toast.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:57 PM, calfoxwc said:

well, Tiam, all that should be gleaned from your nonsense criteria of "better" is your fave is the second year player, with a 2.6 career average per carry, only a third down back with a lack of strength to break a tackle...

got that, Tiamsies? analyze that, bigshot. They are different players - Chubb is a powerful three down back, while Dayes is a third down back that lacks strength.

different types of players, Tiam. Your little Tiam critique is crapola 

*watches game vs lions* 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree about the 2's. We wanted to increase our depth talent and we've done that to some degree. 

The penalties are crazy, especially on punt/kick returns. I saw us literally push people in the back directly in front of the refs. Really guys? How many times last year did we see flags on returns? 75% of the time? Maybe that's exaggerating, but it seemed like it. 

Cajuste did ok, although I admit to not watching him specifically. Besides that one drop, did he make mistakes? And that drop wasn't the easiest play. The defender made an excellent play getting the ball out. Does Cajuste need to snatch that ball and bring it in quickly? Of course. But it wasn't like he just channeled his inner Quincy Morgan and clanged it. 

I like Dayes, always have. I especially like his acceleration and speed. He hit the hole and just FLEW on the touchdown run. Very impressive. Hilliard does the most with his opportunities, and he's got some wiggle. 

I've always heard Robeck had an arm, and even the coaches were on film speaking highly of the kid. It was obvious Robeck's timing was a bit off, but once he settled in he made some big time throws. I loved seeing that TD throw! It was a special moment for him, and you could tell how happy everyone was for him and the receiver. Robeck to practice squad? 

Orchard is toast, but only from our team. That incredible play may not have been enough to make OUR team, but Orchard will catch on somewhere else. I know it. He's been around the QB so much, he'll make the plays eventually. 

10 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd like to keep the backup center, Reiter.   And I kinda' like the way that Roback kid throws the ball.

I was going to create a thread about this. I thought the kid seemed special ed to me on the HBO show. But good God does he have an arm.... I feel better about him sitting behind Baker than Stanton.. Keep 3 QB's  Taylor, Baker Roback..

Also how the Shmuck is that Dayes kid???  Where did he come from. he was killing it last night.

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

*watches game vs lions* 

giphy.gif

lol. exhibition game, ya? I said I like Dayes, you dissed Chubb, and I said they were different type players.

Personally, I haven't watched the first half of the Browns Lions game yet, but I think it's a tough call between

Dayes and Hilliard. Duke goes WR. Dayes is still a veteran, though, and Chubb is a rookie. Say, how about Chubb's vision you don't like, eh?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/nick-chubb-dances-through-defenders-for-fourth-down-td

BTW, I believe Hilliard is a meaner blocker by far - I don't know how the Browns don't agonize over some of these cuts.

Like McKinnon and Rice, dbs. I wouldn't be able to cut them. Too much talent.

I thought Hilliard looked kinda' slow last night.   Dayes might latch on because of special teams.

We have to bare in mind that last night's game was against the Lions backups and backups to the backups.  We had some OLinemen playing who are/were starters for us (Reiter being one of 'em).

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

I thought Hilliard looked kinda' slow last night.   Dayes might latch on because of special teams.

We have to bare in mind that last night's game was against the Lions backups and backups to the backups.  We had some OLinemen playing who are/were starters for us (Reiter being one of 'em).

Reiter is not a starter for us.  He is the backup OC to JC Tretter.   The only starter was Zeitler, and that was because he needed the work, not having played yet this season.  Otherwise the Browns had all backups playing on both offense and defense, and perhaps even some special teams. (I know the return men were backups)

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Duke is not moving to WR.

Dayes is 4th RB and Special teams if he survives the bubble.

Zombo

Duke will be listed as a RB.  Where he lines up on the field is another matter. 

Edit: Reiter has some game to him.  I feel very comfortable with him backup up Tretter.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

He started games for us.  And Corbert played.

He has started one game in his career, two years ago:

Games

Year Age
Career
2016 25
2017 26
2018 27
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS AV

Career

And, are you saying that Corbett is going to be a starter?  Has that been determined?

2016 25 CLE c 62 1 1 0
2017 26 CLE   62 16 0 1
2018 27 CLE   62 0 0  

35 minutes ago, syd said:

coach Haley handed over the play calling duties to coach Kitchens last night this is a reach   but hell yes could this spell doom for hue as coach Haley takes over and then tells hue to get the fuk off my bus

So if Kitchens is writing the plays, does that mean every game we’ll be throwing the Kitchens ink at them?

Dayes has some speed

Mayfield has the quickest release and most fearless gun of any QB the Browns have had since returning as V 2.0

I don't think the pass rush is going to be all that.

The Sears and Roebuck kid looks as sharp as Mayfield

TieRod Tylor needs to do his thing and be gone in 4 weeks. The Browns need to build around Mayfield. I have no idea why they even signed that jackoff. He surely won't teach Mayfield anything. Why let him start?

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Big IF, but IF they are able to trade for Mack, our pass rush would rival Denver's.

Agreed. However, the Browns trading for big names is not exactly high probability.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:35 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Cajuste did ok, although I admit to not watching him specifically. Besides that one drop, did he make mistakes? And that drop wasn't the easiest play. The defender made an excellent play getting the ball out. Does Cajuste need to snatch that ball and bring it in quickly? Of course. But it wasn't like he just channeled his inner Quincy Morgan and clanged it.

Orchard is toast, but only from our team. That incredible play may not have been enough to make OUR team, but Orchard will catch on somewhere else. I know it. He's been around the QB so much, he'll make the plays eventually.

Besides the bad drop he had issues blocking their 3rd-stringers. Fells lessons did not make it onto the field.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, calfoxwc said:

the Browns are going to have one hell of a tough time, with losing guys off their practice squad now.

Goes with jiggins' thought on Orchard... we're cutting/stashing... even trading... more talented players now than we have in some time.

Archived