THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Allen's first start was.. not good. Shocking!

Unsympathetic

Out there with the starters, Allen's stats: 6-12, 34 yards, 5 sacks.  His near-concussion at the end of the first half was described as the best play he made all day.

Someone named Nathan Peterman came in and immediately went 16-21/200 with the same players.

Mayfield was the right choice..

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

But what if we really like inaccurate QBS with cannon arms? 

Hey he still might have a future, let's see......

....... well there's the discus, shot put well maybe not javelin he might kill somebody. :lol:  (just kidding all you Allen backers)

43 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Out there with the starters, Allen's stats: 6-12, 34 yards, 5 sacks.  His near-concussion at the end of the first half was described as the best play he made all day.

Someone named Nathan Peterman came in and immediately went 16-21/200 with the same players.

Mayfield was the right choice..

I have no problem with Mayfield, but at least admit that Allen had no protection at all.  The oline play was horrible in the first half.  Bengals had their way with him.  In the previous game, you could see his talents.  McCarren would've had the same problem with that pass rush.  

2 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I have no problem with Mayfield, but at least admit that Allen had no protection at all.  The oline play was horrible in the first half.  Bengals had their way with him.  In the previous game, you could see his talents.  McCarren would've had the same problem with that pass rush.  

McCarren may have had the same problem, but Peterman played with the same line against the same team.. and didn't have a problem.

26 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

McCarren may have had the same problem, but Peterman played with the same line against the same team.. and didn't have a problem.

Would it have been the same?   I mean, by the time Peterman came in he would have been playing against the third stringers, no?

Man watching that game yesterday though one can't discount that their interior OL especially blows. Atkins is an elite player but holy moly, between our game with 'em and yesterday they have some serious issues.

That being said you can easily see the growing pains that will be associated with Allen, that's for sure. Those pains I definitely think are too big to grow out of.

30 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'm not sure that's right. Peterman technically came in late first half with the 1's, but played the 2nd half with their back-ups against the Bengals back-ups. He was also the 3rd QB on the field the first two games so, if anything, he was not playing against the opposing 1's on defense.

57 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Future Hall of Famer Corey Coleman's stats? 2 catches, zero yards, two plays where he lined up wrong.  I think we actually won that trade..

I am such a fahking Troll. Can you believe I called him a wasted draft pick on draft day?

Seriously, who would have ever thought that a puny, tiny, weak homosexual WR from a school that played in a touch football league, A WR who dropped passes at an NCAA high rate inside the numbers would not have been worth a good schidt?

Regarding Josh Allen, I would cut him. Preseason means everything. 4 - 0 guarantees 0 - 16.   Blo ROd and Baker really lit it up las week, didn't they?

In fairness the sacks weren't all on Allen.

Watched him Week 2 and his performance came in thirds... one-third PDG... one-thrid OK-ish... one-third dogsh!t. ANd the PDG part included some nice touch passes.

I still don't like him as a potential franchise QB, but the book ain't closed on him yet.

Bills O-line a mess right now. Peterman probably will, and should start. McCarran can probably be had for a 7th rounder is someone needs a backup.

Allen will get his chance this year, but I agree he will have struggles.

I was one of those who didn't have Allen in the same zip code as Darnold, Baker and Rosen ... but not ready to gloat yet, the list of all-time greats who struggled early is staggering.

Zombo

Allen looked a bit lost, overwhelmed because of the oline, but did run nicely just shy of a first down.

Meanwhile,

Josh Rosen has excellent stats the last three games. Completed all of his passes....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3886377/josh-rosen:rolleyes:

Josh Allen definitely looked like a rookie, but it'd be foolish not to address the poor performance of his OL, too.  I mean, the Bengals' defensive line completely crushed the pocket numerous times, and there really isn't much a guy can do when he gets pressure right up the nose.  We know that pressure all too well, and it wasn't too long ago we had to watch Geno Atkins pimp-slap Cam Erving into oblivion.  Allen also threw a nice long ball to Benjamin, but he couldn't make the play.  Would've been a tough catch over perfect defense, but that's what Benji does.  Anyways, I'm not making excuses for the kid, but he looked like a guy who didn't have a whole lot of weapons to choose from, and he couldn't really drop back to pass without getting chased almost instantly.  Honestly, I didn't expect Allen to look as good as he does.  I figured it would take him the longest of all the young QB's to become NFL ready, and that doesn't appear to be the case.  The biggest problem in evaluating QB talent is that the preseason is NOT the regular season.  It's just not even close.  

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey he still might have a future, let's see......

....... well there's the discus, shot put well maybe not javelin he might kill somebody. :lol:  (just kidding all you Allen backers)

LOL, ya know, I never thought of that one.  Allen can try out for the Olympics in javelin if he doesn't make it in the NFL. Might throw it so far, could kill someone in the stands.   

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Bills O-line a mess right now. Peterman probably will, and should start. McCarran can probably be had for a 7th rounder is someone needs a backup.

Allen will get his chance this year, but I agree he will have struggles.

I was one of those who didn't have Allen in the same zip code as Darnold, Baker and Rosen ... but not ready to gloat yet, the list of all-time greats who struggled early is staggering.

Zombo

And to think Hueball Cueball wanted to trade a second? for McCarron? Sashi fell on the sword for that one- and us Browns fans can thank him profusely for not caving in to Hue.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

LOL, ya know, I never thought of that one.  Allen can try out for the Olympics in javelin if he doesn't make it in the NFL. Might throw it so far, could kill someone in the stands.   

And to think Hueball Cueball wanted to trade a second? for McCarron? Sashi fell on the sword for that one- and us Browns fans can thank him profusely for not caving in to Hue.  

When we win the Super Bowl, I want statue commissioned of Sashi falling on sword outside the stadium.

Zombo

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Future Hall of Famer Corey Coleman's stats? 2 catches, zero yards, two plays where he lined up wrong.  I think we actually won that trade..

Ah, you forgot the block in the back on a decent pass play. It wasn't even done well.👎😁

On 8/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, Ghoolie said:

I am such a fahking Troll. Can you believe I called him a wasted draft pick on draft day?

Seriously, who would have ever thought that a puny, tiny, weak homosexual WR from a school that played in a touch football league, A WR who dropped passes at an NCAA high rate inside the numbers would not have been worth a good schidt?

Regarding Josh Allen, I would cut him. Preseason means everything. 4 - 0 guarantees 0 - 16.   Blo ROd and Baker really lit it up las week, didn't they?

OK, take a bow for calling it on Coleman. But how about that Paxton Lynch feller you wanted us to draft- currently third string on the Broncos- behind "Mr. Irrelevant" last pick in the draft Chad Kelly.  :D  

EDIT: Man- you really called it on Paxton-  Lynch has pretty much been the opposite. (of Kelly) The former first-round pick struggles reading defenses, owns poor pocket presence, consistently misses receivers, and instills little confidence.Lynch, who has a 42.6 QB rating, completing just 14 of 29 passes for 102 yards and one interception and 3.5 yards per attempt in three preseason games, will finish out Thursday tussle with the Cards.

Regarding Tyrod and Baker, I call it "scoreboard".  

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

The D was not the same for Peterman:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/9570f0a6673813/bills-vs-bengals-josh-allen-ru.html

Please read more on Peterman's scoring drives where it states it was against Bengals 2nd stringers.  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, take a bow for calling it on Coleman. But how about that Paxton Lynch feller you wanted us to draft- currently third string on the Broncos- behind "Mr. Irrelevant" last pick in the draft Chad Kelly.  :D  

Regarding Tyrod and Baker, I call it "scoreboard".  

Last I looked Lynch was still collecting an NFL salary as an NFL QB. Last time i looked our former #1 QB picks are all history. Lynch is a good kid. I'll take heat for liking him. He owuld have been a far better pick than the dildo we drafted last year. At least Lynch never orchestrated a 0 - 16 season.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I'll take heat for liking him. He owuld have been a far better pick than the dildo we drafted last year

I'm not sure a guy who can't beat out Trevor from Best Buy's Geek Squad [and is still being talked about in trades to Buffalo bc McCarron suffered a hairline collarbone] is really someone you want to keep crapping out trying to support..

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Lynch is a good kid. I'll take heat for liking him.  At least Lynch never orchestrated a 0 - 16 season.

Yawn, Colt McCoy is a good kid, Deshone Kizer is a good kid. Too bad they're not very good quarterbacks- like Paxton Lynch. 

Well, the maestro of that 0-16 season was Hue Jackson. Only coach I can recall who was so disorganized he had to call a time out before his team ever ran a play. That goal line screwup with no timeouts and seconds left in the half was really another epic fail too. 

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Last I looked Lynch was still collecting an NFL salary as an NFL QB. Last time i looked our former #1 QB picks are all history. Lynch is a good kid. I'll take heat for liking him. He owuld have been a far better pick than the dildo we drafted last year. At least Lynch never orchestrated a 0 - 16 season.

D'UH Kizer didn't orchestrate a 1-15 followed by a 0-16 season, part of yes but completely his fault no way not even close. 

And the BROWNS were a lucky missed FG from 0-16 and 0-16 seasons......oh yeah Kizer was still at ND on the first one, his fault too? (edit add  2nd Round (#52): QB DeShone Kizer, not even a 1st round pick).

Truth is (and it hurts) the BROWNS have become a quarterback graveyard, no good FA QB really wanted to come here and the cupboard was bare from disastrous previous picks......but go ahead blame Kizer, hey he's in GB and born again. :lol:

But hope springs eternal in Cleveland, GO BROWNS 2018!

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yawn, Colt McCoy is a good kid, Deshone Kizer is a good kid. Too bad they're not very good quarterbacks- like Paxton Lynch. 

Well, the maestro of that 0-16 season was Hue Jackson. Only coach I can recall who was so disorganized he had to call a time out before his team ever ran a play. That goal line screwup with no timeouts and seconds left in the half was really another epic fail too. 

Hue Jackson didn't play in one of those games. Your future HOF piece of schidt JT was part of most of them. As were your heroes Coleman and the Zumba Homo.

And remember Larry, according to you and Flugel Fallafal, it is the COORDINATORS who lost all those games, After all, according to your jackoff logic, COORDINATORS are hired to help the owner combat a bad head coach.

Dude, you live in a weird, weird world.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

D'UH Kizer didn't orchestrate a 1-15 followed by a 0-16 season, part of yes but completely his fault no way not even close. 

And the BROWNS were a lucky missed FG from 0-16 and 0-16 seasons......oh yeah Kizer was still at ND on the first one, his fault too? (edit add  2nd Round (#52): QB DeShone Kizer, not even a 1st round pick).

Truth is (and it hurts) the BROWNS have become a quarterback graveyard, no good FA QB really wanted to come here and the cupboard was bare from disastrous previous picks......but go ahead blame Kizer, hey he's in GB and born again. :lol:

But hope springs eternal in Cleveland, GO BROWNS 2018!

Kizer, JT, Coleman,  and The Zumba Homo played those games. Hue didn't take a single snap. HOF OL ( Worthless piece of schidt), and two PHENOMENAL #1 picks...... remember, you dildoes RAVED about these picks. GARBAGE Talent. Shill have garbage talent.

14 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Hue Jackson didn't play in one of those games. Your future HOF piece of schidt JT was part of most of them. As were your heroes Coleman and the Zumba Homo.

And remember Larry, according to you and Flugel Fallafal, it is the COORDINATORS who lost all those games, After all, according to your jackoff logic, COORDINATORS are hired to help the owner combat a bad head coach.

Dude, you live in a weird, weird world.

Until you put the bottle down, I'll speak for myself.   First, we didn't hire an OC until this year.  Second, you're the one that couldn't wait to post hw much you thought Gregg Williams sucked to the extent you called me out for it.

Then again, when have you ever remembered what you posted in your incoherent states. 

You fight Steeler fans 1 day.  You're their biggest fan the next.  You wanted a QB only with our first pick 1 day.The next, you only had eyes for Barkley. My favorite was when I read Gipper posting you wanted Bosa after you managed to fool him into thinking your hind sight 20/20 erased your only football messiah in that draft was Paxton Lynch.

And this crap about Garrett suddenly getting confidence he's never had after labeling him a pussy is just more ignorance of a guy that's never played an organized contact sport to understand what it means to play injured.  You'd never understand how tough Garrett was playing through a high ankle sprain that got re-aggravated weekly.  That's 1 tough SOB you're not worthy of understanding just like Joe Thomas in an ignorant world where your only football messiah is Paxton Lynch.

"You fight Steeler fans 1 day.  You're their biggest fan the next."

i get the feeling this jekyll and hyde act is directly proportional to the amount of booze he imbibes.  emotional trainwreck, seeking confirmation. 

Allen will be fine if he doesn't get shell shocked from that o line.  i think people forget sometimes how nasty AFC north defenses are, cincy's pass rush is legit with lawson and adkins. remember how manziel looked in his first game against Cincy ? 

this is the main reason Baker shouldn't start this year rookie= confused sometimes holds on to the ball to long = taking hits from cincy, balt, pitt D = injured QB

Archived