THE BROWNS BOARD

Don't let this be fake news

Westside Steve

No. The kid has a very quick release. In that aspect, he is the best I have seen at QB since 1999. Preseason is a real pain in the butt. It is like a gorgeous, intelligent whore who has the Gongo. You buy in, and then it hurts to pee. For all the analytics, and what I call stretch logic ( If he did this against x, he is going to destroy y), nobody knows who is going to gel and who is going to flop.

I originally voted for it then I voted against it. What is that guy's name? Originally, Baker was my guy. Then I went cold and felt we should have taken Barkley and then whatever big QB was done at #4. Who knows?

Would Baker have been available at #4? Who knows? Who cares. We can talk about what a good guy Baker is, but you know as well as I do, we have had our hearts broken by nice guy flops?

This is the end of the worst time of the year for me. Football wasteland. We want preseason to mean something, we want it to be an indicator, but it never is. WTF is up with that? How do the Browns go 4 0  - then 0 - 16 ? Why is there absolutely no correlation between pre-season and real season?.

Baker looked good. Remember how good Eric Zeir (sp) looked his first showing? I thought he was sipe reincarnated. Then phhhhhhhhht. How do you see the Steelers opener? Just another game? A chance to come out of the gun like a terror? A game that could set the tone for another downward spiral?

As always, we face a lot of questions. If the Steelers are asss pounding us, does Baker get thrown in? I have nightmares about Detmer getting benched and Couch coming in to get destroyed.

Soon, we will have football, Good God have we entertained ourselves and waited long enough?

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

No. The kid has a very quick release. In that aspect, he is the best I have seen at QB since 1999. Preseason is a real pain in the butt. It is like a gorgeous, intelligent whore who has the Gongo. You buy in, and then it hurts to pee. For all the analytics, and what I call stretch logic ( If he did this against x, he is going to destroy y), nobody knows who is going to gel and who is going to flop.

I originally voted for it then I voted against it. What is that guy's name? Originally, Baker was my guy. Then I went cold and felt we should have taken Barkley and then whatever big QB was done at #4. Who knows?

Would Baker have been available at #4? Who knows? Who cares. We can talk about what a good guy Baker is, but you know as well as I do, we have had our hearts broken by nice guy flops?

This is the end of the worst time of the year for me. Football wasteland. We want preseason to mean something, we want it to be an indicator, but it never is. WTF is up with that? How do the Browns go 4 0  - then 0 - 16 ? Why is there absolutely no correlation between pre-season and real season?.

Baker looked good. Remember how good Eric Zeir (sp) looked his first showing? I thought he was sipe reincarnated. Then phhhhhhhhht. How do you see the Steelers opener? Just another game? A chance to come out of the gun like a terror? A game that could set the tone for another downward spiral?

As always, we face a lot of questions. If the Steelers are asss pounding us, does Baker get thrown in? I have nightmares about Detmer getting benched and Couch coming in to get destroyed.

Soon, we will have football, Good God have we entertained ourselves and waited long enough?

Tom, I'm going to have to replace my Directv receiver in the next week- it's sporadically for no reason losing it's Internet connection- (which seriously pisses off wifie when she's trying to order up a PPV movie. ) So I'll lose a lot of stuff I wanted to keep, or never got around to watching. You could make millions for figuring out an easy way to download all the stuff you've recorded to another hard drive. I'm going to seriously miss that game 7 Cavalier's win against Golden State when they won it all.

But back to my point- catching up on stuff I recorded. There was an episode on Baker on ESPN E:60, and it detailed what happened when he got busted in Arkansas. Yeah, he was drunk, and seriously mouthing off and cussing the cops. But I'll bet if he hadn't ran, it might have gone away, or nothing more than a drunk and disorderly. I still can't believe he didn't get a smashed face when the cops tackled him. But he was honestly remorseful that it happened- who hasn't done stupid sh*t when they're blasted? You can tell he's close to his family- he was almost crying when he said he had to call his mom he got busted. That was the reason he wasn't in Dallas for the draft. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tom, I'm going to have to replace my Directv receiver in the next week- it's sporadically for no reason losing it's Internet connection- (which seriously pisses off wifie when she's trying to order up a PPV movie. ) So I'll lose a lot of stuff I wanted to keep, or never got around to watching. You could make millions for figuring out an easy way to download all the stuff you've recorded to another hard drive. I'm going to seriously miss that game 7 Cavalier's win against Golden State when they won it all.

But back to my point- catching up on stuff I recorded. There was an episode on Baker on ESPN E:60, and it detailed what happened when he got busted in Arkansas. Yeah, he was drunk, and seriously mouthing off and cussing the cops. But I'll bet if he hadn't ran, it might have gone away, or nothing more than a drunk and disorderly. I still can't believe he didn't get a smashed face when the cops tackled him. But he was honestly remorseful that it happened- who hasn't done stupid sh*t when they're blasted? You can tell he's close to his family- he was almost crying when he said he had to call his mom he got busted. That was the reason he wasn't in Dallas for the draft. 

ever since directv changed were your recordings show up (movies,sports,t.v shows) a lot of them go missing 

I have to record the game tonight and will be pissed if it doesn't show up

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I have it as mp4 on my ild laptop occasionally when I get drunk I watch it after the bar closes if I'm not getting laid. Maybe I could set a dummy Dropbox or something so you can download. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Larry, do you know that I know none of this about Baker? Now that you enlightened me? I won't likely remember it. I have things in my character that I wish I could tame, and others that I am proud of. People here were blasting me for my hard line on Gordon, but they don't know me, get me, and only see my harshness in 2 dimensions. Unforgiving? Me? Bro, my wife shakes her head at some of the people I hire. My plant guy is a tattooed, ear-expanded white-supremacist-looking-guy who had legal troubles most of his adult life. My web guy is a liberal; gay, dyslexic Millennial who agrees with me on very little in this world, but who is as loyal and brilliant as a pal can be.

It isn't the mistakes that cause me to go Sergeant Carter on people, it is the insincerity and total abandonment of doing the right thing, and then blaming shortcomings on someone or something else. Case in point, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump both porked a ton of women while married. When the women realized they were being cast off like a snake's old skin, they go public. Why can't people just say, "yes, I did it, I had some of the best sex of my life?" THen the only story is one's morality, which 9 out of 10 people don't want to hear. Then the story dies.

So to my mind, it sounds like Baker owned up to it.

As far as his actions? Larry, you and I are getting long-in-the-tooth. The set of mores and standards we take for granted and abide by are just lost on most young people today, and even to a higher percentage among pro athletes. I would venture to say more kids would have duplicated Baker's behavior than would have behaved rationally. RIght? Wrong? Jeez man, we could start a new message board just for this crap.

What the kid did doesn't bother me because looking at it, it is not out of line for his generation. 

What I saw in game one, he looked to have a release much quicker than Tyrod. Other than this, I have no magic to predict his career. Maybe Larry, the best philosophy for us to all settle on is, "sooner or later, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn". I hope this kid is what we are all hoping for. I am never one to say that fans deserve anything, but, I am in your corner on this. No fans, nowhere, never in any time in the history of professional sports are like Browns fans. Toughest fans? LOL, we have a lot of homos here, but seriously, what manner of glue could a franchise buy to hold a fan base together over 1- 31? There is none.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

No fans, nowhere, never in any time in the history of professional sports are like Browns fans. Toughest fans? LOL, we have a lot of homos here, but seriously, what manner of glue could a franchise buy to hold a fan base together over 1- 31? There is none.

Well said Tom. And it's why I stayed here and was elated last night for these fans to see what they really got with a healthy, full speed Zumba instructor. The LT and the QB for for Philly got tired out from their lessons and quit about the same time. 4 turnovers and zero points by the 1st team of the SB Champs? That is no longer a 1-31 team we're looking at. Get that OL fixed and we're on our way.

I am Garretts BIGGEST proponent. Nobody wants him to be the sack badaxx more than me. But he isn't Jim Brown, Kelly, Kosar, etc. yet.....he doesn't get to be revered. He needs to show me something, he needs to make up for that video BS. So even if I see him in person, I will tell him he needs to grow a set and give to the Browns what we have given. I was proude of him, but I ain't posting it. Well, I did. SO there you go, he is on the right path.

57 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am Garretts BIGGEST proponent. Nobody wants him to be the sack badaxx more than me. But he isn't Jim Brown, Kelly, Kosar, etc. yet.....he doesn't get to be revered. He needs to show me something, he needs to make up for that video BS. So even if I see him in person, I will tell him he needs to grow a set and give to the Browns what we have given. I was proude of him, but I ain't posting it. Well, I did. SO there you go, he is on the right path.

That is the same position that all the rest of us have taken ever since he was picked.   That he needs to prove himself, that he needs to produce to garner respect.  Yet you clearly had prejudged him and now counter your own previous statements.  

So, I think your act of eating your words is actually premature.  He still has not proven himself nor gained the respect that hopefully he will have one day. 

You are being like Mr. Pecker of the National Enquirer.....(literally and figuratively)....you have become a TV show starring a Dolphin:  Flipper.

I never said I am sold on him, you dead nipple collector. I just said he may have had a moment that helped him grow. Dude, don't you have a trivia poll or something to create?

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I never said I am sold on him, you dead nipple collector. I just said he may have had a moment that helped him grow. Dude, don't you have a trivia poll or something to create?

I do, here we go:

1. Which patron on here is most like a 1960s TV show which featured a fish?   (yea, I know, Dolphins are mammals)

2. What IS a dead nipple collector?

3. Which patron on here is the biggest Steeler FRAK?

4. Which patron on here has a screen name that represents one of the greatest football players in history?

5. Which patron on here has a screen name that represents an undead necrophiliac?

6. Who put the bop in the bop shebop shebop?

7. Who was the very first commander of the very first vessel known as the USS Enterprise?  (real life, not science fiction)?

8. How do you make babies?

9. Where have all the flowers gone?

10. Why do fools fall in love?

Archived