Sign in to follow this  
mjp28

NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE for steaks and chops or as a side dish

This is more a fine dining dish than a GAMEDAY dish so I put it here, thought I had it up once before......even hoorta has to like this one. ;)

(here is one of my favorite mushroom dishes ;) edit add....oh NJ is my wife, a great scratch cook )

NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE for steaks and chops or as a side dish, serves 4

In a one quart sausepan:
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flour 
Cook together in saucepan stirring often until lightly browned 

Dry ingredients:
1 1/2 Tbsp minced onions or shallots
1 Tbsp minced dry pasrley
1 Bay leaf
1/4 tsp thyme crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper

Add dry ingredients to the butter and flour
Then slowly stir in:
10 1/2 oz. Beef broth
3/4 cup good red wine

Increase heat to medium high; cook stirring constantly until thick; remove Bay leaf

Add sauce to mushrooms that have been sautéed in butter; add snipped Parsley to garnish
1 cup Portabella mushrooms (a very large, rich-flavored cremini mushroom, often grilled, broiled, or sautéed)
1 cup Button mushrooms (a young unopened white mushroom)
1 cup Shiitake mushrooms (a large, meaty, black or dark brown mushroom)

*edit - adding a crushed clove of garlic to dry ingredients is optional....and also pretty good

And when I saw part of the title to click on I was sure I was going to see something about a bordello in NJ where they offer some kind of special mushrooms as part of the package deal.🍄👸

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And when I saw part of the title to click on I was sure I was going to see something about a bordello in NJ where they offer some kind of special mushrooms as part of the package deal.🍄👸

No, this is an awesome steak or chop sauce or I like it better slightly thicker as a side dish......mmmmmushrooms!

.........edit add, this is basically a rue I like mine thicker like my old favorite steak house here used to make, it's not on the menu now but my favorite waitresses used to make it for me almost like a thick soup, some like it like a steak sauce. To each his own.

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1