THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Anthem is not the problem. Our Flag is not the problem.

calfoxwc

Children raised in fatherless homes, especially black children, are far more likely than children raised in two parent homes to engage in criminal behavior and thus, have contact with police. So when they father a child with a woman to whom they are not married - or at least living with - they are contributing to the problem against which these football players are taking a knee.  If you look at many of these players' records on out-of-wedlock children, you find that they are contributing significantly to the problem against which they are protesting. 

For example, Antonio Cromartie has 12 children by 9 different women.  Apparently the NFL had to shell out $500,000 before he could even play football for them.   Travis Henry has 11 children by 10 women, Willis McGahee has 9 children by 8 women, Derrick Thomas has 7 children by 5 different women, Bennie Blades has 6 children by 6 women,  Ray Lewis has 6 children by 4 women and Marshall Faulk has 6 children by 3 women.    They forgot to include Adrian Peterson.  11 kids from 7 different women? 

Before these guys take a knee they should take a good look in the mirror. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It's easier for many people to protest and blame all the problems in the world on someone else instead of looking into a mirror to see if they are part of the problem.  

You're exactly right.

Not for why you think.... but you're right

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It's easier for many people to protest and blame all the problems in the world on someone else instead of looking into a mirror to see if they are part of the problem.  

Condoning bad behavior among any group you consider yourself to be a representative of makes other groups who participate in less of that behavior dislike you.

WSS

7 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

so is that same standard here ur applying on the colored boys also the same standard u apply to people who short yellow bus it from one end of the country to the other in order to protest some statues being moved?

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

so is that same standard here ur applying on the colored boys also the same standard u apply to people who short yellow bus it from one end of the country to the other in order to protest some statues being moved?

It would be the same standard with an apples to apples comparison. If someone is going around the country protesting statues being removed and they have fathered numerous children with a host of different mothers they need to be taking care of their responsibilities as a father and  bringing those children into the world instead of going around the country protesting anything. 

Two things. First I have trouble enough with just one woman, so why would I do that to myself. It's self abuse.😂

Second, there IS a major problem with the national anthem. The damn thing ranges so far up and down the musical scale it's damn near impossible to sing, especially for someone like me that can't even sing most church songs. Let's substitute America the Beautiful.🤠

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Two things. First I have trouble enough with just one woman, so why would I do that to myself. It's self abuse.😂

Second, there IS a major problem with the national anthem. The damn thing ranges so far up and down the musical scale it's damn near impossible to sing, especially for someone like me that can't even sing most church songs. Let's substitute America the Beautiful.🤠

"First and most obvious, the Star Spangled Banneris a song composed with a fairly extensive vocal range. When performed in the key of 'B flat', the melodic range of the song is from a 'B flat' below middle 'C' to a high 'F'. The total range of the piece is an octave and a half."

Child's Play.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

"First and most obvious, the Star Spangled Banneris a song composed with a fairly extensive vocal range. When performed in the key of 'B flat', the melodic range of the song is from a 'B flat' below middle 'C' to a high 'F'. The total range of the piece is an octave and a half."

Child's Play.

WSS

I'm 71. Proved my point.🙄

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Child's Play.

WSS

in my heart, I sing it just fine. And wherever my old half note harmonica is, I could play those notes with no problem... at least until it fell out of my shirt pocket getting out of the canoe, and I had to fish it back out of the edge of the lake. After that, it never sounded right. lol

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm 71. Proved my point.🙄

I'm 67. I knew you were an old fart - that explains your cranky politics....🙄

48 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No excuses.

WSS

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

in my heart, I sing it just fine. And wherever my old half note harmonica is, I could play those notes with no problem... at least until it fell out of my shirt pocket getting out of the canoe, and I had to fish it back out of the edge of the lake. After that, it never sounded right. lol

I just took up harmonica recently and already play a harmonized three hole at a time "Day Is Done" (Taps). I'll start working on the NA for Steve. 💥

Cal I just left a note for Hoorta on the game day foods thread for you to endorse.

which reminds me of a story. Back in tech school, biloxi mississippi, AF, a bunch of us guys in our squadron got tired of playing

ping-pong (some of the guys were actually good at it), and were just telling jokes. It got quiet, and a guy asked my harmonica playing friend who played the blues outstandingly, to play. He has me join in on a few, and we were horsing around, it was great fun.

He asked me about a few songs, and hey, I'm an amateur bigtime, and I didn't know em. But I asked him if he knew this one -

and proceeded to play a song that started out slow, and ended up like a speeding coal train. He was laughing and asked what song that was, and I said I wrote it myself - "Bears humping in the woods".

Yeah, some of the guys actually Rolled On the Floor, Laughing. Well, there wasn't a tv in the whole place, ya know.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

which reminds me of a story. Back in tech school, biloxi mississippi, AF, a bunch of us guys in our squadron got tired of playing

ping-pong (some of the guys were actually good at it), and were just telling jokes. It got quiet, and a guy asked my harmonica playing friend who played the blues outstandingly, to play. He has me join in on a few, and we were horsing around, it was great fun.

He asked me about a few songs, and hey, I'm an amateur bigtime, and I didn't know em. But I asked him if he knew this one -

and proceeded to play a song that started out slow, and ended up like a speeding coal train. He was laughing and asked what song that was, and I said I wrote it myself - "Bears humping in the woods".

Yeah, some of the guys actually Rolled On the Floor, Laughing. Well, there wasn't a tv in the whole place, ya know.

LOL! I've been messing around with my new low F tuned "Big River" Hohner and played up and down for my grandson just making it up as I played it. He loved it and wanted me to repeat it. Of course I was just fooling around and there was no way I could repeat every note, so I just did it again and he seemed satisfied with the "new" song. It does sound really good if you blow and draw through 2 or 3 holes up and down the scale at one time. I got it in low F so it had the lower notes that my Vietnam impaired hearing can hear best. Upper range gets into the ringing in the ears and hearing loss range,  LOLOL!🤣🔇

On 8/20/2018 at 6:16 PM, Clevfan4life said:

I think a large part of the problem is that nearly everyone, both right and left, but especially left, holds those "colored boys" to a lower standard than what they would expect from those on "short yellow buses"

On 8/21/2018 at 10:26 AM, Clevfan4life said:

some of u fawkers really were around the last time the browns were champs. 

We were around pre-Superbowl and Pre-NY Jets/AFL, etc.

And we were around for the Maris/Mantle days of the NYY.🤩

Archived