THE BROWNS BOARD

EJ Gaines Injury

LBC mike

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Injured at practise.  Carted off. Next man up?

Who's reporting EJ as done? Carrie/Jordan should be next man up

Let's get him off the Cleveland Clinic mri table before we say done;)..Zach Martin's knee looked bad to watch, but he could play if needed to.. Dorsey may make a move before done is even printed..

Callaway will have soft tissue injuries till football body catches up with a season off. Trainer's/nutrition coach will get him right. I also read Hyde may have left blocking shoulder bruising. Those only heel with rest or play with some real pain.

Groin injuries ,depending on the severity take a bit of time to heal.. He (Callaway).. Has youth on his side..

Give Hyde and Callaway  the rest of preseason off, get them ready for Pittsburgh.

I can see bringing Boddy-Calhoun back from Safety to be the fourth corner (Ward, Mitchell, Carrie).

Deron  Smith has looked good as a fourth safety option and special teamer.

Zombo

Let's be thankful for the depth we have now. It's a full team, with no glaring weaknesses.

Oline still in the gel stage, but that is to be expected.

The Browns ran the ball, just started to show what they can do. Chubb also started showing he

is the real deal.

These Browns are going to shock the heck out of the NFL. They are going to start winning early.

30 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Yes Mary Kay just said week to week ...knee sprain ...if Mary Kay says so it must be true :)

I don't trust one thing that broad says.. She doesnt do a thorough job of research...

Confirmed, knee sprain and "week-to-week".  I almost don't believe it.  There's not a lot a team can do to avoid the injury bug, and every team gets them every single season.  Some teams are luckier than others, and we need to be one of the lucky ones if we're going to have the type of season we all want.  We're thin at multiple positions, as you'd expect from a 0-16 team.  We're the most thin at OL and DE (pass rush).  I happen to think Ogbah is better than people give credit for, but he still has to prove it.  Garrett only needs to stay healthy and I'm virtually certain we'll get some nasty production.  Ogbah is a stud against the run, but we need to see a bit more of getting to the QB.  Apparently Genard Avery is REALLY turning some heads at practice, and coaches are experimenting with different lineups to take advantage of his skill set.  If you ask me, we're desperately trying to trade Jamie Collins.  It'd be a stupid move, but I could totally see us doing it.  It'd save us probably $11 million a year, but we're not getting fair value for a high paid player coming off major injury.  

In my dreams I have us trading Jamie Collins to the Oakland Raiders for Khalil Mack.  Obviously we'd have to include draft picks, but Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett on the same line seems absolutely terrifying.  Even if we part with a first rounder next year and Jamie Collins.

You know what's funny?  I remember hearing Denzel Ward's name being called when we made the 4th pick, and I was initially disappointed in not getting Bradley Chubb.  Now, I completely get it.  We desperately needed CB's, and we needed a CB that can be potentially great.  It would've been great to have Chubb, who I believe will be a very solid (if not potentially great) player, but we got Ward, who I think will be terrific in his own right.  Our defense gave up the single highest QB rating per game last year.  Think about that for a second.  An argument can be made that drafting an impact sack artist affects the passer more or the same amount as a CB, but we drafted a real winner in Ward.  I love his attitude, his ability, and how he carries himself.  He's physical, very fast, and can be something deadly in our defense.  

We have a little depth at CB, and we just need to hope Gaines comes back sooner than later.  I'm beyond thrilled that he's not seriously injured, and I'm betting he's even happier.  He went from thinking his season is over to getting new life.  Good for him!

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Confirmed, knee sprain and "week-to-week".  I almost don't believe it.  There's not a lot a team can do to avoid the injury bug, and every team gets them every single season.  Some teams are luckier than others, and we need to be one of the lucky ones if we're going to have the type of season we all want.  We're thin at multiple positions, as you'd expect from a 0-16 team.  We're the most thin at OL and DE (pass rush).  I happen to think Ogbah is better than people give credit for, but he still has to prove it.  Garrett only needs to stay healthy and I'm virtually certain we'll get some nasty production.  Ogbah is a stud against the run, but we need to see a bit more of getting to the QB.  Apparently Genard Avery is REALLY turning some heads at practice, and coaches are experimenting with different lineups to take advantage of his skill set.  If you ask me, we're desperately trying to trade Jamie Collins.  It'd be a stupid move, but I could totally see us doing it.  It'd save us probably $11 million a year, but we're not getting fair value for a high paid player coming off major injury.  

In my dreams I have us trading Jamie Collins to the Oakland Raiders for Khalil Mack.  Obviously we'd have to include draft picks, but Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett on the same line seems absolutely terrifying.  Even if we part with a first rounder next year and Jamie Collins.

What makes you think the Raiders would be willing to trade him? It is puzzling they've yet to work out a long term deal. They can franchise him next year too. Lol, if Collins is expensive, bet that Mack is looking for a break the bank Suh cap busting deal.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

how do you get "done" for only two weeks? lol

🛑 The Sky is falling reporting.. 

Good Luck EJ..   

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

What makes you think the Raiders would be willing to trade him? It is puzzling they've yet to work out a long term deal. They can franchise him next year too. Lol, if Collins is expensive, bet that Mack is looking for a break the bank Suh cap busting deal.

I honestly don't know if they want to trade him or not, but these disputes can be messy, and Gruden has already jettisoned several players upon arriving as coach. If the Raiders can get a favorable deal for Mack, I think they'd definitely look at it, but it's just an opinion. For instance, I believe I read that a trade for Mack could fetch as much as a future 1st rounder AND a 3rd. Depending on where that 1st and 3rd are thought to be next year, (THOUGHT to be, mind you).... then it could be a sweet deal. Of course, it also depends on the depth of the Raiders DE position, which I know nothing about. 

Archived