On 10/20/2018 at 10:01 AM, mjp28 said:

Wow CCI Stingers, I must be getting old I think I remember when they first came out at the store I worked at. Amazing velocity out of those little suckers.

Nice pest/varmit loads.

God I miss the good ol' days shooting .22s in my backyard and fields.

Now I have irony of ironies. My daughter who does NOT want me to teach her son to shoot, does want me to teach her to shoot with my new 22. She was saying she would not be any good because she was not good in archery and I was saying if she'd give me 15 minutes I could cure that thought with such a fine shooting target pistol as the Ruger Hunter. She is taking me up on the offer. Go figure.😍

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Now I have irony of ironies. My daughter who does NOT want me to teach her son to shoot, does want me to teach her to shoot with my new 22. She was saying she would not be any good because she was not good in archery and I was saying if she'd give me 15 minutes I could cure that thought with such a fine shooting target pistol as the Ruger Hunter. She is taking me up on the offer. Go figure.😍

Wow, how enlightening for you both and a .22 is a great way to start even a slightly heavier gun but that would make any other transition even easier.

I always like to instruct new shooters....have fun!

when we teach kids how to ride an ATV... handle a gun... always with parents' okay -

it's all about safety. I emulate Mr. Miyagi - it's about safety, "wax on wax off" a lot until

they truly get it, and then we can teach them how to shoot. They nearly get blue in the face, but

they take it in stride. Our friend's son grew up, and went ATV riding at southern ohio with some buddies.

One of his buddies wanted to do something high speed way out back - they tried to talk him out of it,

told him it was not safe - but the kid did it anyways. Wrecked so badly he was months learning to walk again.

One of his friends in Michigan was being really stupidly unsafe with his 4x4 truck on a back muddy trail..

he died in the rollover. Safety is everything while you have fun, so the fun never ends in tragedy.

50 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

when we teach kids how to ride an ATV... handle a gun... always with parents' okay -

it's all about safety. I emulate Mr. Miyagi - it's about safety, "wax on wax off" a lot until

they truly get it, and then we can teach them how to shoot. They nearly get blue in the face, but

they take it in stride. Our friend's son grew up, and went ATV riding at southern ohio with some buddies.

One of his buddies wanted to do something high speed way out back - they tried to talk him out of it,

told him it was not safe - but the kid did it anyways. Wrecked so badly he was months learning to walk again.

One of his friends in Michigan was being really stupidly unsafe with his 4x4 truck on a back muddy trail..

he died in the rollover. Safety is everything while you have fun, so the fun never ends in tragedy.

Before we even go out the door she will be watching this first and foremost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Vrc2R1oGU