THE BROWNS BOARD

New ccw

calfoxwc

I actually bought it, but the special tool to break in down was dumb and didn't work when I kept trying it, so I returned

it the next day - the original CCP.

Now on order:

Walther CCP M2 with built in Viridian Laser.

This gun is amazing, and I haven't even shot one yet. The sights are crap, but I can fix those, or order some fancy

new ones.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/204762/5080300vrl/walther-ccp-9mm-conceal-carry-pistol-with-viridian-red-laser

I still think the new plastic guns are ugly......but in general reliable good weapons.  I still like my snubbies.

Temporarily Out of Stock <---- see that a lot on online sites
  • $499.00   $379.99  Includes free shipping

Let us know how well the laser works. Will you be able to use it during daylight or is it primarily for night use? Looks like an excellent price for a 9mm with built in laser sight. The S&W 3.1 inch barrelled Shield 9mm with built in crimson laser runs around $440 here.

EDIT: The one you selected runs $457 at our local gun shop. Good price!

I got it for $452 including tax. My CCW instructor has a small business selling guns, etc, so he got me a deal...the earlier version with the stupid special takedown tool just feels excellent in my hand - the diversion chamber for the output gas

lowers the recoil, and you don't need as strong a spring. The takedown on the new one is outstanding and easy.

I love the gun. To buy that laser separately easily runs $100 +. The 3.5" barrel is the size I wanted. Seems that the 3.1 of the M&P shield is just a bit too short. We'll see how it goes when I start shooting it in advance training. Has a fixed barrel - is extremely accurate.

The red laser ...not so much in bright daylight. I hear green does better, but is far more expensive to build, bigger all around.

I have about 50 bales of bad hay (looks like straw), to make a long fancy shooting range out back.

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I got it for $452 including tax.

We have 8 1/2%  tax added to that price I showed so add about $39 to the $457, so he gave you a decent price. Ours is also very good compared to all the big stores that sell around here. Less overhead.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The study also showed that CCW permit holders are “extremely” law-abiding citizens.

No kidding!

Plus one of my favorite old sayings "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"......(mjp version) unless you just want to wait until the bad guy runs out of ammunition or the police arrive.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I got it for $452 including tax. My CCW instructor has a small business selling guns, etc, so he got me a deal...the earlier version with the stupid special takedown tool just feels excellent in my hand - the diversion chamber for the output gas

lowers the recoil, and you don't need as strong a spring. The takedown on the new one is outstanding and easy.

So when do you expect yours to come in?

BTW the takedown on the Ruger 22LR Hunter is now a simple one button operation. I had one of the 22LR Rugers back in the late 60s and it was a nightmare to take apart and put back together for cleaning.

Here is the comparison of the Mark IV (flat grips) with the older Mark III showing how easy the new takedown system works.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So when do you expect yours to come in?

BTW the takedown on the Ruger 22LR Hunter is now a simple one button operation. I had one of the 22LR Rugers back in the late 60s and it was a nightmare to take apart and put back together for cleaning.

Here is the comparison of the Mark IV (flat grips) with the older Mark III showing how easy the new takedown system works.

A couple of days. He works with a company closely - my hunch is, it's also veteran owned - they only have 75 of the new ones, and a lot of them are going out, he got one for me - it'll get here in about two days. 4.5 years in Special Forces, he has connections. I wasn't going to get the built in laser, but it was only 40 bucks, compared to 119 or so to buy it later. and it is easily removable, if I wanted to.

I've read great reviews over that Mark III. When I went to pay for my gun to be ordered, he showed me in his little shop a gun

he had for sale. He didn't use to have any. It's a Taurus semi-auto 22lr pistol. You don't rack it, you flip the switch, the barrel turns down and you put a shell in. Then you close it back up, and put your mag in. I think I'm getting that for my Wifie - it's a neat little gun. She can fire a 45, but doesn't like it.

I think I already told the story about teaching her how to shoot my .22 magnum rifle before we were married...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 9:23 PM, calfoxwc said:

My instructor was really impressed with it, can't wait to shoot it. Finally found and bought my perfect ccw.

Get that pistol in yet cal?

I will have $500 saved for my Ruger Hunter by next Friday. I'll have enough by early Nov./late Oct. to get it ordered.👍

sure, got it in two days - cleaned it the other night - brilliant engineering on the breakdown.

I already had a blackhawk holster that will work. Might order a custom holster later.

Haven't shot it yet - been too busy. I love the laser jobbie, but in pitch black darkness, you can't see the target without a flashlight. Interesting. lol The laser pinpoints into darkness, I chuckled at that.

Can't wait to take it out back. I have 50 old bales of hay to make a training area, goin to do that tomorrow.

Wife is in Texas - helping move her Dad into a brand new assisted living place. It is state of the art beautiful. Has it's own movie theater, chef, etc.

I'm keeping pretty busy dehydrating cherry tomatoes, etc.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What do you do with dehydrated tomatoes? Make a salsa or something?

Sun dried tomatoes sun, oven or dehydrator, ummmmm wife loves them.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What do you do with dehydrated tomatoes? Make a salsa or something?

The cherry tomatoes, dehydrated...I snack on them over the winter, rehydrate them and put em in salads.

Dad and I spent many years learning the very best varieties to grow.

I grow sunsugar cherry tomatoes. Those were the best seller at the farmer's market by far, even to kids who

don't like tomatoes. Sungold are really good, too, but they tend to crack a lot if you get a huge rain, after being in the sun for days.

Tried a new one - sunpeach - which is also excellent.

and the good old sweet millions, which reminds me, I need to go save seed.

Sliced whole tomatoes - yep - you can rehydrate them and make salsa, add them to chili in the winter, add them to soups,

salads, but they don't keep their texture to put them on sandwiches.

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The cherry tomatoes, dehydrated...I snack on them over the winter, rehydrate them and put em in salads.

Dad and I spent many years learning the very best varieties to grow.

I grow sunsugar cherry tomatoes. Those were the best seller at the farmer's market by far, even to kids who

don't like tomatoes. Sungold are really good, too, but they tend to crack a lot if you get a huge rain, after being in the sun for days.

Tried a new one - sunpeach - which is also excellent.

and the good old sweet millions, which reminds me, I need to go save seed.

Sliced whole tomatoes - yep - you can rehydrate them and make salsa, add them to chili in the winter, add them to soups,

salads, but they don't keep their texture to put them on sandwiches.

Well I'll see those cherry tomatoes and raise you one bag of peanut M&Ms.😋

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Is that the Ruger lc9? Nice little gun.

and I couldn't read what the second one was, but it looks bigtime classy.

Shouldn't you be out stacking those hay bales some place? I wanna know how well that new-fangled Walther of yours shoots.😁

yes, I should. But the Wifie is still in Texas til Sat, and I'm working at the flip house taking down walls, etc etc etc, driving 45 mins a few times to pickup fancy doors and a tub surround outfit in our pickup, and there isn't any air conditioning in the house yet, and it's only 89 degrees so far today, was 95 or so, and I am trying to go get some trees out of our old farmer friend's field for him with our tractor/front end loader, dehydrating more cherry tomatoes, etc etc etc.

But the bale jobbie needs to get done later today.

you need edumatcated. You are talking about "flop house".

A flip house is when you buy a fixer-upper, and completely redo it - take out walls, empty the entire kitchen, replace with all new design,

same thing with bathrooms, lights, add a big deck, new doors, new garage doors, etc etc etc.

It's a lot of work.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

you need edumatcated. You are talking about "flop house".

A flip house is when you buy a fixer-upper, and completely redo it - take out walls, empty the entire kitchen, replace with all new design,

same thing with bathrooms, lights, add a big deck, new doors, new garage doors, etc etc etc.

It's a lot of work.

No wonder. As a retired person with zero mechanical skills or interests, I'm allergic to that kind of work. I have trouble enough using these damn smart phones to call someone to come fix "stuff".😁

I do still mow my yard without the use of a mowing tractor though.🤣

I have to be careful with the work. I still got it, and showing off for my wonderful cute Wife just comes naturally.

although, I've gotten banged up a few times.

One time, I was taking out a wall, at a flip house, and was hammering studs off the framing, and popped those 2 x 4's like I was still 35.

I got to the last one, and for good measure, I really slammed it with the sledge, and ended up on the floor. The top of the stupid stud wasn't nailed in like all the others, and the top swung around and down and hit me in the head.

Okay, that isn't funny, dammit. Some years ago, I showed her that I still had it , I could STILL "work ALL day long" - and it was ten PM, I was working in the garden....but I had to quit because it started to rain. But as I left the garden, I slipped in some mud, and fell directly on my elbow, and completely tore a rotator cuff ligment. So, I got inside, and tried to stay quiet and not let her know. But, she came in fast from her computer, and even before she came around the corner, she was asking how I got hurt.

Amazing. She said she knew I was hurt because I was so quiet. So, had surgery to put it back together again, and I can still throw hay bales.

Life is wonderful.

• Haha 1

You've got a keeper there cal.

EDIT-BTW speaking of still got it, I have noticed that my siblings and daughter are becoming more concerned about my long hikes in RMNP on my own. Hearing things like "go with other people" (None of them can keep up with me), "buy a GPS locator", "do you think you should stay off those higher trails", etc. My standard answer is that I still am capable of playing 2-3 hours of an aerobic sport 6 days a week 2-3 hours at a time and that I have always taken a preventative aspirin just in case as well as carry some with me. More recently I told them I take a couple of very lightweight O2 bottles along if I start to feel dizzy or experience any chest pain. I now also tell them exactly which trail I am taking and for what distance and an approximate time to expect me to return. 

But they don't seem to get it that at 71+ life is short and I'm squeezing every last drop of enjoyment out of it just like I have always done (ex-skydiving jumpmaster, ex-infantry) and that there are far worse ways to die than on a long hike up in the outdoors that I love. A nursing home scares me far worse than dropping dead on a long wilderness hike. I've worked on a nursing home unit at the VA. Just f'n shoot me!