THE BROWNS BOARD

Flash Is Back

MLD Woody

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is, indeed, good news.   He's still got some TC time before the season starts.  He's waaayy behind...but 2 weeks of preparation is better than none.

If he's right, then this is potentially awesome news, but if he's still the same old Josh then we're only in for more disappointment...... time will tell. 

This is great news. All we know is a talented player is coming back to his team, and while it's conditional, it's still a tremendous step forward. He's not suspended. He's not in trouble. He's a man with a terrible affliction. How long will it last? Who knows? All we know is he's back. And that's all that matters right now. 

As far as easing him back into the routine, that's nothing more than a formality. It's to give the Browns a chance to see his conditioning level, his state of mind, and his knowledge of the playbook. It'll last a week or maybe 2, and he'll be back practicing. When he plays might be a different matter, but if Josh truly is good to go, the most he'll miss is a game. Trust me, the coaches know only all too well that they cannot afford a slow start. If Josh can play, he's gonna play. 

59 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Can a team hire a chaperone?

I’m pretty sure the Bengals had one for Pac-Man Jones and the WR that flew out the back of the pick up truck while he was trying to beat his girlfriend. Worked 50/50 in that case. 

Dallas had one for someone at one point too I believe.  

If I’m Hue, I’d hire one or a whole team of guys. Even if it cost me out of my own pocket. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24408355/josh-gordon-returns-cleveland-browns

He is a difference maker. Here is hoping he is done with dope, and done being a dope.

So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

Didnt he get reinstated for the last 5 games last year? 

Did he do something in the off season that he has to be reinstated again?

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

So what’s the deal I’m reading that he might not be fully reinstated by the league. 

I don't fuking understand it either

Browns place him on non-football injury list and he cannot practice with the team yet. Can attend meetings, workouts and be at practice though.

Since #Brown WR Josh Gordon is still in jointly negotiated substance abuse program, he’s subject to certain conditions. Per @NFLprguy: “This part of the process. Can attend meetings, do conditioning. Can go to practice but not participate. No timetable on next step.”

6 hours ago, hx214 said:

Any player given “did not report”  status has to file for reinstatement. Standard procedure. 

6 hours ago, hx214 said:

As said, it's just a formality- as long as he's tested clean... 

Archived