THE BROWNS BOARD

would any of u make an offer for KHALIL mack?

Clevfan4life

purely intellectual excercise, i personally would not and im a big fan of his. I desperately wanted pettine to draft him. Issues for me are he'll likely want 20m+ next year and it would cost us our 1st rounder. And i would rather have a chance at drafting a bosa and not fork over 20m.

Thst being said. IF the browns could work out a deal with him prior to the trade where he'd accept less, i dont have any reason to suspect he'd be apt to give clev a discount....but if something like that could be done, wut would u guys part with?

second scenario, he might play out his contract with the raiders and then go FA next year. Do we go after him next year and not have to potentially give up a 1st? for me thats the only scenario to get mack in cleveland, but again 21m has me shakin my head if he still wants that next year. 

He's a little old but I bet he still has some gas in the tank, and the way Chubb ran last week, we can use all the help we can get at RB. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

purely intellectual excercise, i personally would not and im a big fan of his. I desperately wanted pettine to draft him. Issues for me are he'll likely want 20m+ next year and it would cost us our 1st rounder. And i would rather have a chance at drafting a bosa and not fork over 20m.

Thst being said. IF the browns could work out a deal with him prior to the trade where he'd accept less, i dont have any reason to suspect he'd be apt to give clev a discount....but if something like that could be done, wut would u guys part with?

second scenario, he might play out his contract with the raiders and then go FA next year. Do we go after him next year and not have to potentially give up a 1st? for me thats the only scenario to get mack in cleveland, but again 21m has me shakin my head if he still wants that next year. 

He'll almost certainly get the franchise tag, not worth speculating over....   

25 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

because it wasnt obvious which mack i was referring to. 😏

Kevin Mack? :huh:

Teams with 2 1st round picks are holding for McKenzie to answer the phone. Thought we could have helped Oakland with taking Donald Penn off their books & stick him at LT? Than I saw Penn was like age 34..Oakland made a new deal on Penn & he will start at RT seeing if Colton Miller don't hit the rookie wall at LT..Was not Gruden traded once? heck try that,Khail won't mind whos money he got;)

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Don't put all of your eggs in the Bosa basket. There are going to be A LOT of elite DL this draft. One of the best potentially classes ever. That might deter going all in on DL now

Things can change, but the upcoming draft does appear to potentially be a fantastic one for OLine and DLinemen. 

Hopefully we aren't diving head-first into draft talk by the end of September like last season, though.... 😁

10 hours ago, D Bone said:

He's a little old but I bet he still has some gas in the tank, and the way Chubb ran last week, we can use all the help we can get at RB. 

I know this isn't the right thread, but Its the Offense line guys.  Carlos Hyde looked the same when he ran his only play.  Without Zeitler, we have no running game.  And we certainly need a left tackle, Bitonio will not get it done. I heard someone say that Dayes looked better than Chubb.  Dayes came in with 3rd stringers, don't compare that to starters.  

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Don't put all of your eggs in the Bosa basket. There are going to be A LOT of elite DL this draft. One of the best potentially classes ever. That might deter going all in on DL now

i agree, for now. We have to see how bosa's progressed this year. If he has a season like joeys 2nd to last, im sprung. 

that being said, im somewhat optimistic we might not have the 1st pick again

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This is just ignorant Hate  by a MichiShmucker. Bosa is considered the number one pick in the draft coming up.Ed

Archived