THE BROWNS BOARD

Jackson trying to look stupid?

Westside Steve

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/15/baker-mayfield-browns-hue-jackson-drew-stanton-quarterback-backup

Or after throwing the rookie quarterback Kizer in to the Fire last year he has some sort of a reason to dis Baker Mayfield? Trying to look tough in front of his offense of coordinator who seems like he would prefer to let the kid run with it?

Or just being a chode?

WSS

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/15/baker-mayfield-browns-hue-jackson-drew-stanton-quarterback-backup

Or after throwing the rookie quarterback Kizer in to the Fire last year he has some sort of a reason to dis Baker Mayfield? Trying to look tough in front of his offense of coordinator who seems like he would prefer to let the kid run with it?

Or just being a chode?

WSS

I think he is being a chode.

National media will have a field day with this.

Zombo

Come on guys, that's classic coach speak.

His exact quote:

"I've said from the beginning that I think experience is important,'' Jackson said, according to Cabot. "Right now, Drew still has that experience, and we'll see how that all unfolds as we go. I haven't made that choice just yet, but his veteran presence says a lot. He's played in a lot of games against a lot of teams that we are going to start off against and play against so I think that is important to definitely consider."

That doesn't mean anything, really. I get the "grabby" headline, but that's an incredibly different statement than what he's said about TT. No way if Tyrod goes down he throws Drew Stanton in there, I'd bet a hearty 12 pack on it.

I call it a bluff..They are playing Stanton in preseason to assure Brogan Bro-mountain gets to PS..Stanton will become the redshirt,inactive..🤞 

I think I am willing to let things play out as opposed to just calling for peoples head like some know it all.. considering this is a bit of a different team than we have seen then before. Hue is the only one on a short leash here. Some of you guys claim to be fans but it doesn't sound like it when I read this stuff on here.

And Stanton should be the 2 and I think Haley would have him the 2. Maybe that could change later on in the year if there is an injury or Baker really turns it on.

1 hour ago, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

I think I am willing to let things play out as opposed to just calling for peoples head like some know it all.. considering this is a bit of a different team than we have seen then before. Hue is the only one on a short leash here. Some of you guys claim to be fans but it doesn't sound like it when I read this stuff on here.

And Stanton should be the 2 and I think Haley would have him the 2. Maybe that could change later on in the year if there is an injury or Baker really turns it on.

So in one breath you are willing to let things play out... then in the next you are second-guessing the coaching staff on the depth chart. 

Interesting. 

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

"I've said from the beginning that I think experience is important,'' Jackson said, according to Cabot. "Right now, Drew still has that experience..."

So now we are starting Drew??? 😨

Here come the torches and pitchforks again lol. If Tyrod went down in an early game perhaps he’d send in Stanton. If something happened more long term it’s definirely Baker who would get the gig. This is coach keeping the rookies expectations in check. Likely also managing media and fan expectations. 

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Hue has a way of phucking up a wet dream....

Hue would cause mad hesteria at an Eskimo village because of the slight chance of all the ice melting because of his poor judgement skills.

52 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

If Tyrod went down in an early game perhaps he’d send in Stanton. If something happened more long term it’s definirely Baker who would get the gig.

That's where my mind's at.

They didn't pick a QB #1 overall to be 3rd string.  If Tyrod went down early in the season Stanton might be the one who plays....but not for very long.  Baker's work would get ramped up in practice and he'd be out there playing in two or three weeks.  

If Stanton starts the season as #2, then Baker would be dressed as the emergency QB.

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I wonder if Stanton "stopped the world" when Hue saw him practice like RG3 did. LOL. maybe Hue is trying to motivate Baker to work extra hard, but I wouldn't do it that way. Stanton is a class act, but Baker is the future and the kid is hungry.

Getting Baker ready to transfer to Hamilton so he gets more experience as the #2. Go Hueball!🙄

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Or just being a chode?

WSS

Hue doesn't have to try to look stupid.  It comes naturally.

I am not a Hue fan by any means and I didn't want them to keep him after last year's performance. But now that they have he has no excuse. As for Dutch's reply about Baker it's that I don't care what team or plan you have, you still have to play the best player available (if not you loose the team) and once he really learns the playbook if its him? Well, we got him as the qb of the future so it's going to be his team whenever he is ready for it... but throwing him to the wolves is the plan of a modern Browns managed team in my personal opinion.

the way I see it, later on, with Mayfield showing up great in the first exhibition game...

talking up Drew might help draw a nice trade pick later on, if someone has a big qb injury

and is trying to find a new qb to save their season.

That is where Drew would come in.

No harm, no foul. No big deal. Doesn't sound stupid at all.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

the way I see it, later on, with Mayfield showing up great in the first exhibition game...

talking up Drew might help draw a nice trade pick later on, if someone has a big qb injury

and is trying to find a new qb to save their season.

That is where Drew would come in.

No harm, no foul. No big deal. Doesn't sound stupid at all.

seriously ?  a nice trade ? what do you mean by nice

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not sure what universe eventual 3rd string Drew Stanton could garner a "nice trade pick"... 

An NFL quarterback who has a helmet, shoes and a pulse I guess. :mellow:

AWWWWW......................... Ghoolie blues again?

Like I told you at the fist possession of his first preseason game.... Hue should be fired.

HOWEVER.................... I also told you the offense would be not much different. HUE.................. Hot Haley calls the Offense. Hue calls the defense. THIS IS HUE'S TEAM.....

DINK AND DUMP   Get your Black Tarkenton, throw the wrong rookie into the QB job. THEN................ collectively scratch your ballsack because the team still sucks. LMAO. Coordinators  LMAO

Archived