THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon stepped away from team days after child support order in heated case

Canton Dawg

So....if he misses his August payment he gets 30 days....which will mean he'll miss September's payments and get 60 more....then 90 more.  The season is over and Josh didn't earn a penny.  

sounds like he played around drunk or high.

big responsibility.

the momma will be driving around in an expensive new car, have an expensive new tv, expensive new apt....

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

sounds like he played around drunk or high.

big responsibility.

the momma will be driving around in an expensive new car, have an expensive new tv, expensive new apt....

Don't forget the expensive new phone...

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

Don't forget the expensive new phone...

I guess that's the way it is in the NBA, NFL, MLB and anywhere rich young jocks hang out hunting or getting hunted by beautiful babes. Starts in college and maybe earlier sometimes. 

They do try to lecture these young kids on the pitfalls of professional sports life.

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Think about it...how many game checks has he cashed in the last 3 years?

About none. For those who were following he was below the threshold where he didn't even need to file an income tax return. That's $10,400 bucks. Sub minimum wage.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, Clevfan4life said:

No woman needs 81k for one child, thats absurd. I dont know the particulars here tho....if this was a long term relationship thst he bailed on and the woman had the kid with him thinking he was gonna be with her long term....ok, i start to see it. If this was some nfl groupie he smashed off in a couple times?......no uh uh

Again... not a matter of "care"... matter of quality of upbringing.

19 hours ago, wargograw said:

Soooo why doesn’t he just pay?

Bingo!

If he's really that strapped that case should have been made to the judge deferring some support until he cashes his next contract... assuming there is a next contract.

While some here will say that Gordon has done well of late to get himself back in the NFL and back in a good place, I think getting himself involved in yet another distraction by knocking up some chick is yet another example of him being someone you cannot depend on. This has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with him once again doing something that will cause a distraction (as shown) to him getting back to being one of, if not the best WR in the NFL. 

He's back, which is great. 

I'm not holding my breath. 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

About none. For those who were following he was below the threshold where he didn't even need to file an income tax return. That's $10,400 bucks. Sub minimum wage.

He’s supposed to make $800,000 and has an agent. I think he can get a loan. 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

While some here will say that Gordon has done well of late to get himself back in the NFL and back in a good place, I think getting himself involved in yet another distraction by knocking up some chick is yet another example of him being someone you cannot depend on. This has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with him once again doing something that will cause a distraction (as shown) to him getting back to being one of, if not the best WR in the NFL. 

He's back, which is great. 

I'm not holding my breath. 

To be honest, if I could bang as many chicks and the quality of those fine young things  as he has access to I might have a few extra kids floating around as well, just saying, glass houses and all

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

To be honest, if I could bang as many chicks and the quality of those fine young things  as he has access to I might have a few extra kids floating around as well, just saying, glass houses and all

Get the temptation, don't get the sheer amount of kids these athletes crank out.

Shawn Kemp shouldn't be anyone's template. 

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

what was he pulling in during his suspension?

As I alluded to- he was getting nothing (at least from the Browns) while he was suspended. Didn't even have an agent. Certainly possible he was getting cash from someone under the table that the IRS can't track. Trips to Florida and stints in rehab aren't free.   

Was listening to ESPN radio on the way home Saturday night, FWIW, Goldhammer was on- and opined Josh was possibly getting some financial help from the NFLPA and even just maybe the league. Plausible enough. Hey Goodell is getting paid millions by the owners. Brother can you spare 10 grand for my rehab & travel expense?   

Archived