THE BROWNS BOARD

The Depravity of the Church Knows No Bounds

jbluhm86

USA Today: 'Men of God hid it all': Church protected more than 300 'predator priests' in Pa., grand jury says

"Church leaders protected more than 300 "predator priests" in six Roman Catholic dioceses across Pennsylvania for decades because they were more interested in safeguarding the church and the abusers than tending to their victims, says a scathing grand jury report released Tuesday.

More than 1,000 young victims were identifiable from the church's own records, the report says.

“The main thing was not to help children, but to avoid scandal,” the report says. "Priests were raping little boys and girls and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing: They hid it all..."

weinburg.thumb.jpg.7ee335d5a9a891fa6d4e8e6019752abf.jpg

the use of the general "church" sadly is mistaken. The catholic churches that have this sick problem are not all churches.

I must say, you have to differentiate between religion and Christianity.

I am not religious at all. But very much a Christian.

but a disgraceful horror the op describes needs to be dealt with severely.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No one is perfect, and putting down a billioin catholics because of some perverted priests is not good.  

This is not an isolated incident; this is just the latest in a long line of sexual abuse horror stories perpetrated by priests and, worst of all, covered up by the Catholic Church itself. Its not even speculation or hushed whispers at this point: the Catholic Church protects its rapist pedophile priests from prosecution. That is fact. And yet, those billions of catholics you speak of still attend Mass and tithe over millions of dollars to this institutionalized pedo-ring every week. So, no, the parishioners who knowingly support a Church which abuses the most vulnerable of their flock while protecting the ones who commit the rape and sexual assaults are not above judgement either.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

“Do not judge, so that you will not be judged, since you will be judged in the same judgment that you make, and you will be measured by the same standard you apply.”

Provided J isn't a pedophile then I'd say he's safe in his profiling of said priests. 

That said, having been raised Catholic - I won't damn a billion of the faith. I'm sure 99.9% of them had zero idea as to the atrocities new occuring within the church.   However the Vatican will have some questions to answer.

Zazawho's condemning a billion or more catholics? its catholics that were the victims of all of this, right? this is exactly why im a gnostic tho......the institutuions of religions on this planet are the most willfully corrupt entities in our written history. The "derp state" has nothing on rome. I've studied the complicated history of the church they dont want carholics to kmow about

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No one is perfect, and putting down a billioin catholics because of some perverted priests is not good.  

The most spiritual person I have ever known was my Catholic grandmother who was that way despite losing her first born daughter at age 3 to the great flu epidemic after WW I and her first born son at 17 to pneumonia just a few years before the discovery of penicillin. Had every reason to have turned away, but got stronger in her beliefs. She would be ashamed of her church leaders for allowing this to happen. But it would not have changed her deeply help belief in Christ & God.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, it's not fair to generalize like that!

Anyway, let me tell you about these Muslims...

Usually you should not paint with a broad brush but some generalizations are not off the mark. For example to say almost all the terrorist attacks we see today are committed by radical Islamic terrorists would be an accurate statement. Not that there are not other terrorist groups out there but most of what we see today are coming from one source, radical Islam.

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

...That said, having been raised Catholic - I won't damn a billion of the faith. I'm sure 99.9% of them had zero idea as to the atrocities new occuring within the church.   However the Vatican will have some questions to answer.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The most spiritual person I have ever known was my Catholic grandmother who was that way despite losing her first born daughter at age 3 to the great flu epidemic after WW I and her first born son at 17 to pneumonia just a few years before the discovery of penicillin. Had every reason to have turned away, but got stronger in her beliefs. She would be ashamed of her church leaders for allowing this to happen. But it would not have changed her deeply help belief in Christ & God.

I'm sorry, but I just cant find it within myself to accept that.

Tex, i'm sure that your grandmother was a fine person, and i'm not directing my ire towards her or others who had no clue what was going on in the far past.

However, the sexual abuses of the Catholic Church has been public knowledge for almost two decades now, since the late 90s, so the whole " I'm sure 99.9% of them had zero idea as to the atrocities...[occurring] within the church" just doesn't wash anymore. Each passing year brings new cases of abuses within the church, and each and every time, its been discovered that the Church has covered it up and protected the pedophile priests. And its the faithful who continue to fund this pedo racket with their weekly tithes - money that goes to the very Church that then uses those funds to pay for lawyers, hush money for coverups, and funding to extract priests from their countries of abuse to bring and sequester them away in Vatican City, where they cannot be extradited to face justice for their crimes. Just read about Cardinal Bernard Law if you're skeptical. All of which is on the dime of the faithful flock. So, no, I don't think its unreasonable to criticize those who, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of corruption and systematic abuse of children and the coverup for those response, continue to call themselves Catholics and continue to support such a cesspit.

25 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Tex, i'm sure that your grandmother was a fine person, and i'm not directing my ire towards her or others who had no clue what was going on in the far past.

However, the sexual abuses of the Catholic Church has been public knowledge for almost two decades now, since the late 90s, so the whole " I'm sure 99.9% of them had zero idea as to the atrocities...[occurring] within the church" just doesn't wash anymore. Each passing year brings new cases of abuses within the church, and each and every time, its been discovered that the Church has covered it up and protected the pedophile priests. And its the faithful who continue to fund this pedo racket with their weekly tithes - money that goes to the very Church that then uses those funds to pay for lawyers, hush money for coverups, and funding to extract priests from their countries of abuse to bring and sequester them away in Vatican City, where they cannot be extradited to face justice for their crimes. Just read about Cardinal Bernard Law if you're skeptical. All of which is on the dime of the faithful flock. So, no, I don't think its unreasonable to criticize those who, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of corruption and systematic abuse of children and the coverup for those response, continue to call themselves Catholics and continue to support such a cesspit.

Are you speaking of the everyday congregation... ?  I highly doubt they were aware of some of the things going on in their church.  Bishops and high ranking members of the clergy? Sure.  

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Usually you should not paint with a broad brush but some generalizations are not off the mark. For example to say almost all the terrorist attacks we see today are committed by radical Islamic terrorists would be an accurate statement. Not that there are not other terrorist groups out there but most of what we see today are coming from one source, radical Islam.

Stuart

But, but, but  the Crusades!

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

She died in the late 70's so I'm glad she wasn't here to see this happen. I only know the church served it's purpose for her in recovery of such terrible losses. Funny thing is I only learned from a priest after she died that she had been visiting the cloistered nuns weekly for years when I was growing up and on into my 20's. I'd never known it. She lived her religion and quietly did what she felt she should do with no fanfare or need for adulation.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Are you speaking of the everyday congregation... ?  I highly doubt they were aware of some of the things going on in their church.  Bishops and high ranking members of the clergy? Sure.  

Indeed, the everyday congregation still draws my ire. As I stared before, the excuse of not knowing went out the door nearly two decades ago when the abuses of the Catholic Church became public. What are we up to now, 3 separate popes who's had to make apologies for sheltering rapist pederasts? One of whom resigned his seat as pope indirectly for knowingly covering up for priests who diddled children? And a church which STILL protects these pieces of sh.it? No, the "I didn't know" ship set sail two decades ago, and yet the Church still can count on its faithful flock to still send in their weekly donations to fund this pedophiliac organization. Shame on those who are aware of these abuses and still tithe over money to these basta.rds.

45 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

But, but, but  the Crusades!

About as sharp as a butter knife, as always...

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Indeed, the everyday congregation still draws my ire. As I stared before, the excuse of not knowing went out the door nearly two decades ago when the abuses of the Catholic Church became public. What are we up to now, 3 separate popes who's had to make apologies for sheltering rapist pederasts? One of whom resigned his seat as pope indirectly for knowingly covering up for priests who diddled children? And a church which STILL protects these pieces of sh.it? No, the "I didn't know" ship set sail two decades ago, and yet the Church still can count on its faithful flock to still send in their weekly donations to fund this pedophiliac organization. Shame on those who are aware of these abuses and still tithe over money to these basta.rds.

Stuart

Also the Crusades!...don't forget about the Crusades...LOL

jblew triggered again???

He happens to take the Crusades very seriously. Think he's in this clip - he plays a rock in the sand in one of the scenes.

Actually we know how you lefties love to hate the church but one of your own most precious institution is the teachers union and the public schools.

https://drrichswier.com/2015/09/18/pedophiles-in-american-public-schools-and-universities/

One would have to imagine there's a hell of a lot more child abuse going on there then the church. It's just not hip to condemn them. They're mostly Democrats after all.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually we know how you lefties love to hate the church but one of your own most precious institution is the teachers union and the public schools.

https://drrichswier.com/2015/09/18/pedophiles-in-american-public-schools-and-universities/

One would have to imagine there's a hell of a lot more child abuse going on there then the church. It's just not hip to condemn them. They're mostly Democrats after all.

WSS

as usual typical steve cant nuance the differences in his false equivalency. When those pedo's in the link u provided, were discovered, they were arrested and prosecuted. The church institutio ally protected these pedophile priests. At least with hollywood men like weinstein lasted as long as they did through personal intimidation/threats and the fact they knew sht about other people. It literally would have cost the church nothing to drop the bant hammer on these priests and actually, they would have scored major points doing so.

im still mystified by the whole thing. 

Archived