THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben Concussed Today

onkyoreceiver

Just now, jrb12711 said:

I mean he's gotten the Sheet beat out of him for the better part of a decade. Anyone who has gone through the ringer wouldn't surprise me if they hang it up with the more strong knowledge of the extent of head trauma.  He's also a sure fire HOF first ballet player, legacy already in place. However, retiring after this season leaves upwards of $18 million on the table for 2019. 

If big ben lost $20,000,000 tomorrow in a poker game I bet he wouldn't even notice it.  :lol:

.......but if had a totally reconstructed knee or bad career ending concussion he might. Oh well to each his own.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean he's gotten the Sheet beat out of him for the better part of a decade. Anyone who has gone through the ringer wouldn't surprise me if they hang it up with the more strong knowledge of the extent of head trauma.  He's also a sure fire HOF first ballet player, legacy already in place. However, retiring after this season leaves upwards of $18 million on the table for 2019. 

He's cleared and out of protocol. He isn't retiring anytime soon barring some major injury. He also isn't touched much since the line has come together.

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

If big ben lost $20,000,000 tomorrow in a poker game I bet he wouldn't even notice it.  :lol:

.......but if had a totally reconstructed knee or bad career ending concussion he might. Oh well to each his own.

The latter is the only way he retires anytime soon. I don't believe he gives a Sheet about the money anymore and has already said he will take a discount on his next deal.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yeah that’s OK BR can still play for now. But what we are waiting for is for 5-0 👮 to take him out and basically end his career . In case you didn’t know 5-0is McGarrett

He's gone against better ends than Garrett and hasnt been touched. I'm not saying he won't be sackes but our line is firmly one of the best in the league. How often do you think the Browns are going to pin their ears back and rush Ben? Brown, juju, Washington, bell (at least for this season) by all means send the farm and get torched.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

He's gone against better ends than Garrett and hasnt been touched. I'm not saying he won't be sackes but our line is firmly one of the best in the league. How often do you think the Browns are going to pin their ears back and rush Ben? Brown, juju, Washington, bell (at least for this season) by all means send the farm and get torched.

They will not need to send the farm they just need to send Ogbah and McGarrett those two can handle it your offense of line. Now let’s here are the names of some of these “” better defense of lineman that the Steelers have played go ahead you said the claim now I’ll back it up

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They will not need to send the farm they just need to send Ogbah and McGarrett those two can handle it your offense of line. Now let’s here are the names of some of these “” better defense of lineman that the Steelers have played go ahead you said the claim now I’ll back it up

Von Miller didn't touch Ben and neither of those guys have proven a damn thing yet. 

Ben has been sacked 58 times total over the last three seasons. 

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hmmmm, let's see he's 36 has played 14 years and can still walk and remember where his car keys are......oh and has already earned over $170,000,000 not including endorsements or anything else. Now I like money like the next guy -but- when do you say "no mas" and walk away when the next DE or LB might kill you?

From spotrac.....

Estimated Career Earnings

YEAR TEAM SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE TOTAL CASH
2004 Player Cash Earnings $230,000 $600,000 $1,172,000 - - - $283,500 $2,285,500
2005 Player Cash Earnings $305,000 - - - - $7,237,500 $2,367,750 $9,910,250
2006 Player Cash Earnings $655,500 - - - - - $2,342,750 $2,998,250
2007 Player Cash Earnings $1,006,000 - - - - - $573,500 $1,579,500
2008 Player Cash Earnings $2,500,000 $25,200,000 - - - - - $27,700,000
2009 Player Cash Earnings $4,750,000 - $3,000,000 - - - - $7,750,000
2010 Player Cash Earnings $6,155,882 - - - - - - $6,155,882
2011 Player Cash Earnings $6,000,000 - - - $5,600,000 - - $11,600,000
2012 Player Cash Earnings $900,000 - - - $10,700,000 - - $11,600,000
2013 Player Cash Earnings $2,600,000 - - - $9,000,000 - - $11,600,000
2014 Player Cash Earnings $12,100,000 - - - - - - $12,100,000
2015 Player Cash Earnings $1,000,000 $31,000,000 $3,250,000 - - - $7,482 $35,257,482
2016 Player Cash Earnings $17,750,000 - - - - - - $17,750,000
2017 Player Cash Earnings $12,000,000 - - - - - - $12,000,000
14 seasons $67,952,382 $56,800,000 $7,422,000 - $25,300,000 $7,237,500 $5,574,982 $170,286,864
2018 Player Cash Earnings $12,000,000 - $5,000,000 - - - - $17,000,000
2019 Player Cash Earnings $12,000,000 - $5,000,000 - - - - $17,000,000
  $91,952,382 $56,800,000 $17,422,000 - $25,300,000 $7,237,500 $5,574,982 $204,286,864

mjp you are obviously a simple person. I imagine you haven't ever been passionate about much, started/ran a company, or excelled in much other than being a fan. Professional athletes are not like average people. An average thinking person doesn't rise to great things; doesn't take many risks in life; and generally does not reach that high in life. Leader, people who excell in life, and for the sake of this discussion, athletes do only one thing. They know only one thing, the eat, schidt and dream of only one thing. Ben has done nothing but football his entire life. A gladiator, a warrior, an athlete plays until nobody wants them or until their heart and body can take no more.

As crippled as Kosar is, in his last interview he said he wishes he was still the QB of the Browns.

Being in the limelight is not like living in the suburbs and having a nice life. Of course you think Ben has earned enough money. But you are not the caliber of achiever as Ben, so of course you can't indentify.

Really, if you even have to ask this question, you are a bigger fukcking idiot than I assumed you were. The sports world is filled with examples of players, boxers, wrestlers, etc, who went out of the game in shambles. Dude.................a warrior only knows one love..............when the game is over, why do you think the majority of athletes vanish into horrible endings and obscurity?

Idiot.

23 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Outside of his early career antics I completely agree. 

Vag..... Jim Brown is the only NFL player to my knowledge that had formal rape charges filed against him. He held another woman by her ankles and dropped her off his second floor apartment. He was charged with some form of second-degree manslaughter or some such charge. He beat the living schidt out of more than one woman................ BUT BUT BUT..............Zomblow will yank your post is you bring this up.

Roethlisberger is a winner. Everyone does stupid things, it is a part of being young. Also, he was never accused of rape, charges were never filed against him. A woman made allegations. 

Should the Steelers beat the Browns opening day, and they should be 6 point favorites to do so, hate for Ben will explode. The Browns still lack discipline. You can see on Hard Knocks that they are a lazy, unattentive, soft bunch of idiots. Perhaps some of the new talent will finally spur a Steeler-like work ethic and intensity. If not, 3/13 will be about it.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

McGarrett? Dude, he is a homosexual who is playing intermittently so he can get the hell out of Cleveland. I would put the odds at 50/50 that he has another ankle injury before opening day. He blows. Big, strong, fast Absolutely. However, he has the killer instinct of David Hogg. Honestly, he's a soft player. A homo. 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Von Miller didn't touch Ben and neither of those guys have proven a damn thing yet. 

Ben has been sacked 58 times total over the last three seasons. 

He will go down and he will go down hard in that first game plain simpleHe will go down and he will go down hard in that first game plain simple

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

McGarrett? Dude, he is a homosexual who is playing intermittently so he can get the hell out of Cleveland. I would put the odds at 50/50 that he has another ankle injury before opening day. He blows. Big, strong, fast Absolutely. However, he has the killer instinct of David Hogg. Honestly, he's a soft player. A homo. 

How do you know he has a homosexual are you sucking his suckable SockHow do you know he has a homosexual are you sucking his suckable Sock

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He's cleared and out of protocol. He isn't retiring anytime soon barring some major injury. He also isn't touched much since the line has come together.

Yes, I know as I'm able to read but you're missing my point. Big Ben may not be going down like he used to, but the guy got destroyed for a decade. We're seeing droves of players retire with gas left in the tank cause the knowledge of the impact of the game. We've seen players murder, commit suicide, and literally report on how their brains are mush because of the shots they took playing. Guys just weren't doing that (publicly anyway) until the last 4-5 years.

I can't speak for what's inside the head of Ben, so I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong. But the dude has clearly seriously considered retiring before and would only be leaving one year of money if he left after this season. In that same "3-5 year" claim he made, he said the following: 

"I'll still take it one year at a time and give it everything I have that one year," Roethlisberger added, "but that's what I felt comfortable in telling [the front office]."

Calvin Johnson left in the prime of his career, and so have countless others lately. It's not crazy to think that even something "minor" might be the final nail in the coffin for the guy.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

mjp you are obviously a simple person. I imagine you haven't ever been passionate about much, started/ran a company, or excelled in much other than being a fan. Professional athletes are not like average people. An average thinking person doesn't rise to great things; doesn't take many risks in life; and generally does not reach that high in life. Leader, people who excell in life, and for the sake of this discussion, athletes do only one thing.

Idiot.

Oh yeah that describes me alright. :lol:

Obviously Mr Ghool you aren't a psychologist, oh well I'll go on letting you think you know everything. Aren't these random obscure anonymous sports boards interesting, you never really know who you're really talking to or about.

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yes, I know as I'm able to read but you're missing my point. Big Ben may not be going down like he used to, but the guy got destroyed for a decade. We're seeing droves of players retire with gas left in the tank cause the knowledge of the impact of the game. We've seen players murder, commit suicide, and literally report on how their brains are mush because of the shots they took playing. Guys just weren't doing that (publicly anyway) until the last 4-5 years.

I can't speak for what's inside the head of Ben, so I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong. But the dude has clearly seriously considered retiring before and would only be leaving one year of money if he left after this season. In that same "3-5 year" claim he made, he said the following: 

"I'll still take it one year at a time and give it everything I have that one year," Roethlisberger added, "but that's what I felt comfortable in telling [the front office]."

Calvin Johnson left in the prime of his career, and so have countless others lately. It's not crazy to think that even something "minor" might be the final nail in the coffin for the guy.

I understood your point. Ben hasn't been getting beat up for a while now however and his "one year at a time" quote was before Haley was gone. The minute Haley was out Ben said he wanted to go at least another 3 barring a major injury. He's obviously no spring chicken but he hasn't lost a step and with that line in place plus and the offensive skill positions he won't be retiring anytime soon. The team hit once again in the second round with James Washington. It's a spoil of riches offensively.

I understood your point. Ben hasn't been getting beat up for a while now however and his "one year at a time" quote was before Haley was gone. The minute Haley was out Ben said he wanted to go at least another 3 barring a major injury. He's obviously no spring chicken but he hasn't lost a step and with that line in place plus and the offensive skill positions he won't be retiring anytime soon. The team hit once again in the second round with James Washington. It's a spoil of riches offensively.

You don’t know that They hit with James Washington you’re just hoping that. he could be the second coming of Vince Mayle

19 hours ago, Vagitron said:

that is because he always? has a wr or te or back wide open to throw to quickly.

that will change when they go up against the new Browns secondary.

14 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Steelers Defense looked horrible.

When Bud Dupree is your bright spot with a sack...you are bad.

Looking forward to opening day!

Half the starters didn't even play.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You don’t know that They hit with James Washington you’re just hoping that. he could be the second coming of Vince Mayle

I guess you will find out soon enough. Tearing Sheet up in camp and the preseason.

9 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

The half that did were terribad

Watt, haden, Heyward, Davis all didn't play and the starters that did play, played no where close to the entire half. We also had short field several times. I'm not worried about the defense.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Paxton Lynch

Watt, haden, Heyward, Davis all didn't play and the starters that did play, played no where close to the entire half. We also had short field several times. I'm not worried about the defense.

It won’t matter when the starters play. They will be just as bad 

It seems like you've forgotten the Browns have won 1 game in 2 years when you talk about the two teams gipper. The same.can be said for your steeler predictions year after year.

"This is the year you are in the gutter" - gipper 

And thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Half the starters didn't even play.

As the pit announcers said same with GB, much left to iron out in steelrz camp particularly on defense.

On offense the steelrz are depending on an aging A Brown to have a stellar year, he missed some time last year.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

As the pit announcers said same with GB, much left to iron out in steelrz camp particularly on defense.

On offense the steelrz are depending on an aging A Brown to have a stellar year, he missed some time last year.

I know I'm in hostile territory so I try to watch what I say excluding gipper BUT do you watch the steelers? The offense goes to brown a lot but juju was tremendous as a rookie and the team still has bell. The offense does not rely on Antonio.

And literally nothing has indicated that brown is aging on the field. Reports are via training he's managed to get faster. The Steelers offense barring injury should be the most prolific in the league.

Archived