THE BROWNS BOARD

Survival

DieHardBrownsFan

.... not sure what's worse; getting eliminated week 12 because you forgot to pick a team, or getting eliminated week 11 with the Chiefs, Rams and Saints all in your pocket. :D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mark O said:

Shhhhhh....  quiet..

WEEI - FOXBORO -- It was an eventful Friday at Gillette Stadium.

After reportedly suffering a knee injury in the last game the Patriots played against the Titans and being listed as limited earlier in the week, Tom Brady was not spotted at the start of practice Friday afternoon.

His then scheduled weekly press conference was called off and then the injury report came out, which confirmed he did not practice, but also indicated he missed the session due to an illness on top of the knee injury. He is officially questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.

So, what does all this mean? Basically nothing.

According to NFL Media's Mike Giardi, all indications are Brady will play. 

The illness was a significant piece that was missing because that would explain why Brady didn't speak to the media, considering he was in fact present at the facility based on his belongings being at his locker. Also, it helps justify him missing a Friday practice.

Typically, when players miss Friday practices that does not bode well for their status on Sunday, but illnesses are different. Brady also missed a Friday practice in Week 15 during the 2015 season with an illness, but played that Sunday against the Titans. That appears to be the only time in his career he missed a Friday practice. Usually he misses Wednesday and/or Thursday, but returns for Friday.

So for a couple of hours there was some legitimate concern when it came to the Patriots quarterback's status for the game, there really shouldn't be any since it would seem the main reason for Brady missing practice and not speaking was an illness, which should clear up by the time Sunday at 1 p.m. rolls around.......

On 11/23/2018 at 8:11 AM, D Bone said:

.... not sure what's worse; getting eliminated week 12 because you forgot to pick a team, or getting eliminated week 11 with the Chiefs, Rams and Saints all in your pocket. :D

I would say its worse getting eliminated for forgetting to make a pick. 

Because its kinda fun having the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints in my pocket going into week 12.   :)

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Because its kinda fun having the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints in my pocket going into week 12.   :)

Its Chiefs @ Raiders,  Rams@ Lions,  Saints Cowboys......which game are you leaning toward taking?  All the top teams are on the road.  I suggest staying away from Saints/boys....seems perhaps the only competitive matchup.

Rams or Chiefs at this point.   I don't like that they're on the road but they're both coming off a bye week and the Raiders and Lions stink.    Corey Daniels lit up the Lions defense on Turkey day...can only imagine what Goff and McVeigh and company could do. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Its Chiefs @ Raiders,  Rams@ Lions,  Saints Cowboys......which game are you leaning toward taking?  All the top teams are on the road.  I suggest staying away from Saints/boys....seems perhaps the only competitive matchup.

So you're into this fantasy stuff?

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

...... gonna be good! I already know who I'm picking, and I'll just say R E L A X while I get my discount double check. 

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

...... gonna be good! I already know who I'm picking, and I'll just say R E L A X while I get my discount double check. 

I like that choice.....they can't keep losing road games forever.....or can they????   :)

Just got back from a GREAT freakin' Sunday mountain bike ride only to find out Aaron let me down........... Another fun season and congrats Mark, well done!  

Well, at least McCarthy got the ax for his team's dismal performance......  I better not ever read that he's been announced as the Browns' next head coach.... ever. 

Congratulations Mark and D Bone on a fine tournament!

And as always congratulations to all of us losers for making it all possible.  :lol:

Screenshot_2018-12-02-20-15-42.png

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Just got back from a GREAT freakin' Sunday mountain bike ride only to find out Aaron let me down  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Well, at least McCarthy got the ax for his team's dismal performance......  I better not ever read that he's been announced as the Browns' next head coach.... ever. 

8ucZ.gif  Mike McCarthy will never have to ride a bike to GB practice again..                                                        

Like Mike, Raji & Me... Cycling was not* our passion 🤣   ..... Congrats Mark O and runner up D'cycle Bone... 

Just now, The Gipper said:

Well you could be like Napoleon and crown yourself. 🤴 

I don't need to...I have the yahoo results that crowned me the champ.    And it will kill Zombo to have to post the results saying that I'm the winner on the Browns Board champs thread and that's worth a lot.

Just now, Mark O said:

I don't need to...I have the yahoo results that crowned me the champ.    And it will kill Zombo to have to post the results saying that I'm the winner on the Browns Board champs thread and that's worth a lot.

Zombo will just channel Dennis green:   Crown his ass if you want to he is who we thought he was!

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

$1,000,000,000   

or a virtual trophy to put in my virtual trophy case and the ability to tell that all of you suck at your survivor picks till next season. 

Hey Mark, Zombo will send you a personal check if you prefer......it's good, honest it is. I'm going to cash mine next week.

........or maybe just take the trophy and our heartfelt congratulations.  :lol:

Marko will be rewarded by 39 bowl mania games with 78 college teams being asked to line those bitches up in your highest confidence order :huh:. Dragging on for weeks :).. maybe Z will open up negotiation where Marko rules now apply? :o *NoT A Chance*...Stay tuned  1yuZ.gif             

Archived