Survival

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 10:15 AM, Zombo said:

And we're back:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=1229&password=beer

Two Strike League ... My Week One Pick is locked and loaded.

in and I ain't tellin..bump

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm in. If I reach week 6 I'll call it success. 

As long as Hue is coaching. All you have to do is pick against the Browns. 

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

As long as Hue is coaching. All you have to do is pick against the Browns. 

That worked very well in the past......but WHOA NELLIE we might have a new football attitude on the field in 2018.

........at least we all hope so, week 1 might be very interesting. 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That worked very well in the past......but WHOA NELLIE we might have a new football attitude on the field in 2018.

........at least we all hope so, week 1 might be very interesting. 

A new attitude is great. But having the worst coach in NFL history will beat that

NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE

2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers

2011 RunninUover

2012 D Bone

2013 Jrb12711

2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon

2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown

2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon

For the 8th straight year I will survive the Thursday Night game and eat the finest meats and cheeses for three nights.

But will I take my first strike on Week One for the 8th straight year?

That's up to the Browns ... My stubborn ass is never changing my Week One Pick.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE

2011 RunninUover

2012 D Bone

2013 Jrb12711

For the 8th straight year I will survive the Thursday Night game and eat the finest meats and cheeses for three nights.

But will I take my first strike on Week One for the 8th straight year?

That's up to the Browns ... My stubborn butt is never changing my Week One Pick.

Zombo

I think first 3-4 weeks of the season can go any way, as every year there are surprises.

But I'd rather bet on a more "established" team.

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE

2011 RunninUover

2012 D Bone

2013 Jrb12711

Time for me to hang another one in the rafters....... 

REMINDER!

Survival pick has to be in prior to the TNF kick-off...

The O/U on the number who do not get a pick in is............ 2.5.

That is all...

51 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Wow , the three of us bold enough, and loyal enough, to take the Browns get elimated with a ... tie.

We did not survive?

Many more go down with the Saints:

image.png

Is anyone left?    And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed.  And what about anyone that took the Steelers?  Are they aufed as well?

I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works.  Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Wow , the three of us bold enough, and loyal enough, to take the Browns get elimated with a ... tie.

We did not survive?

"You play to WIN the game." - Herm Edwards

Meanwhile on behalf of all the GB-pickers... whew!

Damn it Saints. I didn't expect that. Again, first weeks are for the unexpected in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is anyone left?    And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed.  And what about anyone that took the Steelers?  Are they aufed as well?

I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works.  Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.

Rules are simple enough Gipper. Each week, you pick the team you think is going to win- straight up. (looks like a tie counts as a loss) Two wrong guesses, and you're out. You can only use a team once during the season, otherwise guys would be picking the Patriots almost every week. It resets for the playoffs. 

I spectacularly made it all the way to the Super Bowl a few years ago and lost on point differential picking the team the Browns were playing every week. (I could only use the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals once)  :) Hence The Curmudgeon.  As Tour said- you play to win, though the Browns made it pretty easy that year. 

I said earlier- I won't pull that stunt this year, though I'm off to a good start, had the Vikings over the 49ers.   

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Gip, this is all there is to do it.

1When the game opens, create or join a Private Group.

2Pick one team to win. Easy, right?  <----- and yes your team has to WIN not lose or tie

3Get it right and advance to the next week. Get it wrong and you're out (or play with strikes for a second-chance).

logo-textured-red@2x.png

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Gip, this is all there is to do it.

1When the game opens, create or join a Private Group.

2Pick one team to win. Easy, right?

3Get it right and advance to the next week. Get it wrong and you're out (or play with strikes for a second-chance).

logo-textured-red@2x.png

so, you pick one game per week, and if the team you pick loses, you are out?  Permanently?  Unless it is like a double elimination tournament?

How many players started in your group....and now how many are out?

Edit:  based on what Hoorta said, no one is out yet.....but all those listed in Z's post now have 1 strike?   And 2 and you are out?

Just now, The Gipper said:

so, you pick one game per week, and if the team you pick loses, you are out?  Permanently?  Unless it is like a double elimination tournament?

How many players started in your group....and now how many are out?

That's correct. If there are strikes you get another chance -and- there are 14 of 26 with NO strikes right now, New Orleans and Cleveland whacked a lot of people. 

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You get two strikes.

Deadline 5 minutes before the first game of each week
Number of Strikes 2 strikes and you're eliminated <----- it's not baseball diehard.
Playoffs Yes

Archived