THE BROWNS BOARD

09/10 Browns schedule predictions

Kingphisher

Screw Peter King, here's my predictions on this years schedule. Make your own here!

Sunday, September 13 vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX 1:00 PM Loss

Sunday, September 20 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 PM Win

Sunday, September 27 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, October 4 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM Loss

Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM Loss

Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM Loss

Monday, November 16 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 PM Win

Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM Loss

Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM Loss

Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM Win

Sunday, December 20 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM Loss

Overall record: 9-7

I know I am an eternal optimist, but I think this is realistic. What do you think?

Sunday, September 13 vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM Win

Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM Win

Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM Win

Overall record: 16-0

Browns win the first of 11 straight Super Bowl Titles

Meanwhile, Pittsburgh goes 0-16 and the franchise comes under fire for all of the steroid allegations so much to the point where they are stripped of all six of their Super Bowl titles and are forced to change their colors to bright pink and magenta and their logo will be a big vagina on each side of their helmets.

Meanwhile, Pittsburgh goes 0-16 and the franchise comes under fire for all of the steroid allegations so much to the point where they are stripped of all six of their Super Bowl titles and are forced to change their colors to bright pink and magenta and the logo will be a big vagina on each side of their helmets.

^^talk about optimistic! GO BROWNS

Meanwhile, Pittsburgh goes 0-16 and the franchise comes under fire for all of the steroid allegations so much to the point where they are stripped of all six of their Super Bowl titles and are forced to change their colors to bright pink and magenta and their logo will be a big vagina on each side of their helmets.

Will you marry me?

Win-Sunday, September 13 vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX 1:00 PM

Win-Sunday, September 20 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 PM

Loss-Sunday, September 27 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00 PM

Win-Sunday, October 4 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM

Loss-Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM

Loss-Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM

Win-Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM

Loss-Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM

Win-Monday, November 16 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 PM

Win-Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM

Loss-Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM

Loss-Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM

Win-Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM

Win-Sunday, December 20 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM

Win-Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM

Win-Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM

10-6...I think this is both optimistic and realistic!

Actually, I think the Browns will go like 6-10 or 5-11 this year. The first year under a new system can always be a struggle. However, it is the following year in 2010 that I believe they will make some hay and improve to compete for a division title and beyond.

I would n't be surprised by huge turn around becasue of the schedule. The NFL sets it up for teams to have these huge turn arounds with their scheduling format.

Does anyone really think the Dolphins went from 1-15 in 2007 to 11-5 in 2008 due to being that much better or that much more talented? Nope....As a matter of fact the Dolphins started the year off going 2-4 against the likes of the Cardinals, Ravens, Pats, Chargers, etc. Then they went on to go 9-1 the rest of the way playing the likes of the Seahawks, Chiefs, 49er's, Rams, Raiders, Broncos, the Bills twice. Just look at the remaining schedule after the 2-4 start!!

The Atlanta Falcons was mostly the same thing....Theyw ent from 4-12 to 11-5 due to a favorable schedule.

It wouldn't shock me for the Browns to end up somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5.

If they go 11-5 it will be "Mangenuis" all over again and it will be a bit premature. Remember, He took over a 4-12 team in with Jets and had a 10-6 the following year.....Guess why it happened? A weak schedule.

Anything less than 8-8 for the Browns in 2009 is a huge disappointment.

Sunday, September 13 vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX 1:00 PM LOSS

Sunday, September 20 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 PM WIN

Sunday, September 27 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, October 4 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

Monday, November 16 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 PM WIN

Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM LOSS

Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM WIN

Sunday, December 20 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

I have thought this through thoroughly, I know you all may think Im nuts, but there's a method to my madness

We go 10-6

Sunday, September 13 vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX 1:00 PM LOSS

Sunday, September 20 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 PM WIN

Sunday, September 27 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, October 4 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

Monday, November 16 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 PM WIN

Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM LOSS

Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM WIN

Sunday, December 20 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM WIN

Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM LOSS

I have thought this through thoroughly, I know you all may think Im nuts, but there's a method to my madness

We go 10-6

Losing twice to the Bengals and beating the Steelers twice? C'mon!

I just don't see us losing to the vikings.

The williams wall will be suspended and they have no idea who their QB is going to be.

If adrian peterson can beat us by himself then thats another story.

I'm thinking 7-9, wishing for more of course. We can do better than that if we can STOP the run for once. The only way out of the cellar is to start winning our division games, and as we all know, we haven't been doing that.

If we start off at 3-2 (or better), I'd say our chances of getting to 9 or 10 wins are real, because we have 4 of the last 5 at home.

I still think Mangini is going to incorporate some kind of ball-control offense, keeping us in the game with a chance to win in the 4th quarter. It may be boring, but it's probably the step we need to take with a young team.

Stop the run, BEAT PITTSBURGH.

Obviously my prediction was made in humor.

As for my real prediction, I don't have one. I have been wrong the previous three years. I don't think I can make a prediction without my bias for the Browns getting in the way one way or another.

Losing twice to the Bengals and beating the Steelers twice? C'mon!

Quinn can beat the Steelers, he broke apart their defense and exposed their weaknesses before the Superbowl this year, the TD to Larry Fitz over the middle was the exact play Quinn was referencing would get the Steelers. He must have ESP. Plus MAngini knows what it means to beat the Steelers, we play very well in prime time (last 2 years very well), and our players are going to want it more than them, plus, Big Gay Ben is going to continue to get hit over and over and over, he will be held up by duct tape, and were gonna dissasemble him.

The Bengals have the element of suprise, and they always seem to have something rediculous happen to beat us (like cedric benson rushing for 180). Plus they have shored up their O-line, Chad Johnson is back in shape this year, he's fully recovered from ankle surgery, and his shoulder is healed (both of which plagued him last year), Their defense was ranked pretty high last year and they have alot of young blood, now they added Rey Maualuga to the mix. The Bengals are gonna be a big suprise next year, they had a great draft (IMHO).

If we dont take the AFC the Bengals will, and if we dont, they just migt pull off the WC

Quinn can beat the Steelers, he broke apart their defense and exposed their weaknesses before the Superbowl this year, the TD to Larry Fitz over the middle was the exact play Quinn was referencing would get the Steelers. He must have ESP. Plus MAngini knows what it means to beat the Steelers, we play very well in prime time (last 2 years very well), and our players are going to want it more than them, plus, Big Gay Ben is going to continue to get hit over and over and over, he will be held up by duct tape, and were gonna dissasemble him.

The Bengals have the element of suprise, and they always seem to have something rediculous happen to beat us (like cedric benson rushing for 180). Plus they have shored up their O-line, Chad Johnson is back in shape this year, he's fully recovered from ankle surgery, and his shoulder is healed (both of which plagued him last year), Their defense was ranked pretty high last year and they have alot of young blood, now they added Rey Maualuga to the mix. The Bengals are gonna be a big suprise next year, they had a great draft (IMHO).

If we dont take the AFC the Bengals will, and if we dont, they just migt pull off the WC

I think their only true bright spot is a healthy Carson Palmer. I'm not even sure he's a big game changer and record changer for them.

After Palmer it's one question mark after another.

They did a lot of moving people around on the offensive line but I'm unsure how much better they will be with Whitworth (Who had a season ending ankle injury last year) taking the place of Levi Jones. Smith is getting moved to right tackle which means he's playing a position he never has played before. They have a new center and new left guard. One player remains in his position from last year.

They lost one of the best WR's in the league and still have a huge question mark at RB.

I'm not sold. Not sold enough to think the league's worst offense will get that much better.

This could be really good....Or really, really bad.

I know my posts largely go ignored around here so I thought, what the hell, I'll have a go anyway.

Sunday, September 13 vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS FOX 1:00 PM WIN. First game, at home, our D limits ground attack and we show ours too, tight but we WIN.

Sunday, September 20 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 PM WIN. On a roll from opening day, Cleveland bring rivalry and that "just beat the vikings" fear factor

Sunday, September 27 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00 PM WIN. Rivalry tension beats out Ravens who fail to penetrate our line like last year.

Sunday, October 4 vs CINCINNATI BENGALS CBS 1:00 PM WIN. They still stink.

Sunday, October 11 @ Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 PM LOSS. Law of averages says they will beat us once in a while.

Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM WIN. Opening streak and big game factor combine to reassure the team of their abilities.

Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM WIN. back at home to rapturous applause the Browns exploit Green Bay's inability to adjust to the 3-4. Clay Matthews Junior has a good game and is welcomed by the Browns faithful, but ultimately gets owned. Crowd chants, "we really miss your father" to him.

Sunday, November 1 @ Chicago Bears CBS 1:00 PM LOSS. Browns mess up and let a slick new Bears team take advantage.

Monday, November 16 vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ESPN 8:30 PM WIN. Monday night, at home. Browns send the dope slingers back to their corners tails between legs.

Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM LOSS. Lions have to win at least 3 this year, this is onw of them.

Sunday, November 29 @ Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM WIN. Browns dominate.

Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM WIN. I will be travelling 4,000 miles at great personal cost so the bastards had better give me more than 2 freakin field goals like they did at the game I saw last season. They WIN or I go looking for Mankok for a refund.

Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM LOSS. Stoolers up for pay back and we have a short week, painful but true.

Sunday, December 20 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM Win. Browns exploit Cassel's lack of weapons and close down the offense good and proper.

Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM Win. Those Mad Max fans realise their team is as bad as they look. Hayward bey continues to miss disappoint.

Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM LOSS. Browns take eye of the ball on season finale but know they are through to the POs anyway.

11-5. Believe.

OK...long enough wait

Sunday, September 20 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 PM Loss...we always lose to them

Sunday, September 27 @ Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00 PM Loss

Sunday, October 18 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM Win..we finally get it

Sunday, October 25 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS FOX 1:00 PM Loss..drained mentally from the week before

Sunday, November 22 @ Detroit Lions CBS 1:00 PM Loss..we always lose to them and we have to remind ourself we aren't quite there yet.

Sunday, December 6 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 4:05 PM Loss

Thursday, December 10 vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS NFLN 8:20 PM Loss..we won't sweep them

Sunday, December 27 vs OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM Loss....we usually don't do well on the WC

Sunday, January 3 vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CBS 1:00 PM Win...have to win to stay in the WC hunt, but someone else wins as well and we miss out with a 9 win season.

I don't ignore your posts.

LOL, you are about the only one who doesn't!! I know I am an annoying limey pain in the arse but my love for the browns is genuine. I know who my friends are Ballpeen and you're up there!

11- 5 no doubt.

but my love for the browns is genuine

No doubt.

The Browns aren't a team people just pull out of the hat and decide to root for...at least the version of the last 20 years, and Cleveland isn't exactly the vacation Mecca of the midwest, let alone the country.

No doubt.

The Browns aren't a team people just pull out of the hat and decide to root for...at least the version of the last 20 years, and Cleveland isn't exactly the vacation Mecca of the midwest, let alone the country.

LOL, I am so fond of Cleveland I can't tell you. We are always treated like brothers when we come over for our visits and can't wait to return. I am a big US fan and have chalked up over 20 states in my travels so far but Ohio feels like home.

H.

LOL, I am so fond of Cleveland I can't tell you. We are always treated like brothers when we come over for our visits and can't wait to return. I am a big US fan and have chalked up over 20 states in my travels so far but Ohio feels like home.

H.

Ever been to Tennessee?? Though maybe you wouldn't like it. Your ancestors drove the wild clans out of Scotland and sent them to Ireland so they could fight with the Irish for a few hundred years.

Those Scotch/Irish ended up migrating to the New World and the hills of E. Tennessee are where they settled. They were known as the Over Mountain Men...some just refer to them as Hillbillies.

Ever been to Tennessee?? Though maybe you wouldn't like it. Your ancestors drove the wild clans out of Scotland and sent them to Ireland so they could fight with the Irish for a few hundred years.

Those Scotch/Irish ended up migrating to the New World and the hills of E. Tennessee are where they settled. They were known as the Over Mountain Men...some just refer to them as Hillbillies.

I'm of Scottish descent and I have a ton of family that are like these hillbillies you speak of, must be true.

I have been to Tennesse, in fact I was arrested in Knoxville back in '92. That's another story ;) I'd love to do a nashville trip at some point and soak in some beers and good country bands.

I am half Irish, my mum is from County Tipperary, so some of those critters could be related!!. I never met any hillbillies in Tennessee but I met plenty in the Smokey mountains old Carolina way. Me and a friend got caught in a bad storm up in the mountains and ended up in a tiny tiny little town where we had to plead and beg the motel owner to open up (they had closed for the season) to give us a bed. We found a bar and when we walked in it was like deliverance. They stopped playing their banjos and fiddles and everyone stopped talking, just looked at us. I thought we were going to get tied up and used as sex slaves but as it turned out they were the friendliest people ever and insisted on buying us drinks all night to celebrate the fact that we had got so lost we found their town. I will never forget a big lady known locally as "Mountain Ann". She decided she wanted a piece of me and by God she was determined, I'm telling you Josh Cribbs had nothing on me that night evading her advances.

brings it all back now.

I love your country,

H.

PS the arrest in Knoxville didn't result in a charge, put it down to high spirits, wouldn't want you thinking I am some kind of lunatic! Just had a public disagreement with my travelling partner after he caught me outside a bar with my hands on certain parts of his cousin's anatomy that upset him! PPS the cousin was a GIRL. :)

Sorry this thread has gone a little off topic. !

I am half Irish, my mum is from County Tipperary, so some of those critters could be related

See, I knew there was something I liked about you. I will do all I can to make that December game and tip some Guiness' with you

PS the arrest in Knoxville didn't result in a charge,

Hey now ... we don't apologize for arrests around here, they are great tailgate fodder

I mean, every once in a while a member may get in some sort of drunken street fight like yourself, or maybe a speeding ticket, or some BS open container thing, or, I don't know, refusal to cooperate with police after ripping the door off of a cab ... It happens. We don't think any less of you.

Zombo

--In fact you have been promoted to the Tailgate Law Enforcement Relations Committee, which I chair.

Archived